You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mortgages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Just had a chat with mortgage advisor here in town, so I have to write to her to ask if there is a breakage if I leave the fixed term. There usually is, but a lot of the time she said they will let you break it for little or not charge.

We've just installed PV panels so our BER is above the B3 now, so we are entitled to the green rate at 2.1%. So just need to sort out a few things here to get the ball rolling!

What BER did you start with.  I am at C1 and would like to get to B3 to qualify for Green Mortgage.  Anyone know cheapest way of getting from C1 to B3. (Feels like leaving cert again). 

Attic insulation I am guessing is probably a good starting point.  

My BER is C1, which is what it was when I bought. But I am pretty sure the previous owners had the cavity pumped, attic insulated and put in an insert stove after that was done.

Insulation of your attic is best bet, after that I think you need to be looking at more expensive stuff, like solar, windows and doors etc
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:00pm
What's the green mortgage? You get a cheaper rate if your house has a good BER cert? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:05pm
Yes a new enough thing. If it's B3 or above you can get 2.1% with AIB
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:14pm

only winners in the mortgage game are banks and solicitors

invest your hard earned elsewhere Thumbs Up
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:26pm
What could be better than investing in your own home?

I could pay 800 bob for a mortgage or 1100 in rent and pay someone else's mortgage 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

What an absolutely stupid comment.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:38pm

I love your consistency in this LOLClap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 4:24pm

Like rent Clap
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 4:51pm

We had a financial advisor that used come into our work with this type of guff in 2007. Rent is dead money, have you considered buying with a friend, etc. 

He disappeared towards the end of 2008 and hasn't been seen since.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 4:53pm
He's never mentioned anything about renting in his post, and he's right though, banks and solicitors are in the game to make money, lots of money.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's never mentioned anything about renting in his post, and he's right though, banks and solicitors are in the game to make money, lots of money.

Well if you don’t rent or take out a mortgage what other options are there to the ordinary Joe.  

Not many can buy property without a loan/mortgage, and we all have to live somewhere so that only leaves renting and buying for cash. 

It’s like saying going into a pub the only winners are the owner of the bar.  

Of course the bank makes money out of loaning money to mortgage holders and when they stop doing so they get bailed out too πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Edited by Baldrick - 08 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:47am
Can you get your own valuation for a remortgage? We need to hit a certain figure to get below 60% ltv, I'd say we'll be stretching it a bit. Have heard of people just saying to the valuer what valuation they need and they work to that. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Can you get your own valuation for a remortgage? We need to hit a certain figure to get below 60% ltv, I'd say we'll be stretching it a bit. Have heard of people just saying to the valuer what valuation they need and they work to that. 

Depends on the valuer. We would always do our best to help out but we won't do anything we couldn't justify. And we'd be up front as well and tell someone we can't do it rather than valuing less than what they'd need and charging them 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:11am

Depends on the valuer. We would always do our best to help out but we won't do anything we couldn't justify. And we'd be up front as well and tell someone we can't do it rather than valuing less than what they'd need and charging them 

Nice one, and you can use your own valuation for a the mortgage application? 

I'd say we could justify it, we bought at a certain price, put 20k or more into it, house price inflation since then would run higher than the extra we'd be asking for. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:36am

I'd say we could justify it, we bought at a certain price, put 20k or more into it, house price inflation since then would run higher than the extra we'd be asking for. 

I bought a 3 bed in Greystones in late 2018. Had to get it valued a few weeks back...its gone up by €100k already. Valuer said it would likely go for a lot more on the open market. Something really needs to be done in this country, the housing market is completely broken
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:59am

What bank is it?

For a remortgage for AIB for example, it would likely need to go through central valuations.

If it's just an LTV, you can instruct anyone on the valuation panel. 

BOI I think you can pick anyone from their panel regardless of what type it is.

Haven same as AIB
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:27am

What bank is it?

For a remortgage for AIB for example, it would likely need to go through central valuations.

If it's just an LTV, you can instruct anyone on the valuation panel. 

BOI I think you can pick anyone from their panel regardless of what type it is.

Haven same as AIB

Avant is the plan! 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:31am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I bought a 3 bed in Greystones in late 2018. Had to get it valued a few weeks back...its gone up by €100k already. Valuer said it would likely go for a lot more on the open market. Something really needs to be done in this country, the housing market is completely broken

I'm from Greystones, I can't believe what's happened to the town. Prices have gotten insane, reaching prices I never thought I'd see.

Always thought I'd move back, I doubt I will now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>
  Share Topic