You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travelling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:40am
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Have hostelled on 4 continents and I have never met any nationality with even an ounce of the arrogance of Israelis. 

It really doesn't take much contemplation to figure out why they've such a massive and unashamed superiority complex.

The S. Africans have a touch of it too and it's a hangover from their Apartheid era. By the same token though, they didn't believe they were god's chosen people.

Chosen does not mean superior.  If you said that to an Israeli they'd probably take offence at what you're implying.  Not to mention nearly half of them being secular anyway

What am I implying? 

Implying that Jews/Israelis believe they are chosen/superior to everyone else.
Ah i wouldnt read too much into the "choosen people" stuff.
If you talk to your average Irish Catholic they are convinced what they are following is bang on the money. The Jews, The Budhists etc are away with the faries.
Its the same for the vast majority of religions. Simply put they cant accept that the other guys could be right or that they all could be wrong. They refuse to pull at that thread.

Also, the thread is racist. Its clearly racist to say "I`ve never met a worse crowd than the Israelis" or im not racist but i meet a Southa African prick and he started on this other black lad so clearly all South Africans are pricks!LOL

Edited by Bitored - 04 Jan 2017 at 4:51am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Have hostelled on 4 continents and I have never met any nationality with even an ounce of the arrogance of Israelis. 

It really doesn't take much contemplation to figure out why they've such a massive and unashamed superiority complex.

The S. Africans have a touch of it too and it's a hangover from their Apartheid era. By the same token though, they didn't believe they were god's chosen people.

Chosen does not mean superior.  If you said that to an Israeli they'd probably take offence at what you're implying.  Not to mention nearly half of them being secular anyway

What am I implying? 

Implying that Jews/Israelis believe they are chosen/superior to everyone else.
Ah i wouldnt read too much into the "choosen people" stuff.
If you talk to your average Irish Catholic they are convinced what they are following is bang on the money. The Jews, The Budhists etc are away with the faries.
Its the same for the vast majority of religions. Simply put they cant accept that the other guys could be right or that they all could be wrong. They refuse to pull at that thread.

Also, the thread is racist. Its clearly racist to say "I`ve never met a worse crowd than the Israelis" or im not racist but i meet a Southa African prick and he started on this other black lad so clearly all South Africans are pricks!LOL
I assumed all irony was deliberate, you would want to be completely devoid of self-awareness otherwise.LOLLOL 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:23am
People who take sweeping generalisations too seriously on a message board need a shake :0

Based on experience i would not disagree with the sweeping generalisations that Australians are an ignorant crass bunch, Israelis are pig headed superior and arrogant and Somalians are psychotic bug eyed violent lunatics.

I have met lovely people from all of the above countries ha

bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 9:38am

Was in Copenhagen last weekend had a great time altogether would definietly recommend....met two guys from pittsburgh in the hostel Friday night and things just escalated from there LOL one of the guys brothers is a former NHL player and currently playing Champions League hockey in Sweden felt like celebrities whichever club we went into, he was idolised , the lad was the best wingman ever...and as for the Danish and Norwegian birds we met Clap

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Was in Copenhagen last weekend had a great time altogether would definietly recommend....met two guys from pittsburgh in the hostel Friday night and things just escalated from there LOL 
Can't beat a holiday romance
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Was in Copenhagen last weekend had a great time altogether would definietly recommend....met two guys from pittsburgh in the hostel Friday night and things just escalated from there LOL 
Can't beat a holiday romance

Nice bit of editing LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 12:39pm

My rule of thumb when encountering Israelis abroad was if they were in groups then avoid them at all costs. Some of the ones traveling by themselves or in ones and twos were grand. I met a few really cool Israelis also. Having said that, they have the worst knobhead to sound ratio of any nationality I've come across. 

My pal owns a few large hostels in South America and he won't accommodate them. His experience is that they won't pay what they owe and will cause grief. Given that they tend to travel in large numbers and are straight out of the army in a lot of cases then it's going to be difficult to recoup what you're owed. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

My rule of thumb when encountering Israelis abroad was if they were in groups then avoid them at all costs. Some of the ones traveling by themselves or in ones and twos were grand. I met a few really cool Israelis also. Having said that, they have the worst knobhead to sound ratio of any nationality I've come across. 

My pal owns a few large hostels in South America and he won't accommodate them. His experience is that they won't pay what they owe and will cause grief. Given that they tend to travel in large numbers and are straight out of the army in a lot of cases then it's going to be difficult to recoup what you're owed. 

My mate was in Peru a few years ago and said they were arseholes but you wouldn't mess with them. My mate wouldn't be a soft touch either. They were arguing over the price of the hostel with the owner which was something like 3 U.S. dollars each per night. My mate was steamed and jokingly shouted 'Free Palestine' and one of them (probably Lhurz off here) replied like the Termintor 'Palestine does not exist' LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Feb 2017 at 1:09pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:39pm

My rule of thumb when encountering Israelis abroad 
Mine is to wear my Germany away shirt (the black one) and start singing the Panzer song from Battle of the Bulge.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Mine is to wear my Germany away shirt (the black one) and start singing the Panzer song from Battle of the Bulge.

Horses for courses but I would suggest that your response is not best fitted for certain classes of encounters.

El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 7:26pm

Horses for courses but I would suggest that your response is not best fitted for certain classes of encounters.

Funny how quickly Free Palestine would become f**k Palenstine 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Funny how quickly Free Palestine would become f**k Palenstine 

Nothing like a dose of the horn to tear core principles to shreds
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:42am

A standing prick hath no conscience 
El Puto Amo
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:17pm
Anyone travel down to the Waterford greenway ? I said to myself I'd try to get away the bank holidays with the aul chap as much as I can . Any info or tips appreciated , he is mad into the cycling and thought this would be a good spin
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:21pm
It's only just opened. I'm doing it next weekend with a couple of friends. I'll report back. There's lots of videos online and it looks class.

Edited by Whelo79 - 29 Mar 2017 at 10:21pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Whelo79 Whelo79 wrote:

It's only just opened. I'm doing it next weekend with a couple of friends. I'll report back. There's lots of videos online and it looks class.

I've booked the hotel and all that craic . Seems like it will be well used . I was talking to someone today and they know a man who has a pub somewhere along the route and they only opened a couple of times a year for the sake of holding onto the license but now they are onto a good thing with this new cycle way . Let me know how you get on and any little spots to stop of to rehydrate. Oh Treacy's have a good triple room for €120 a night . Good location with pool facilities if your staying over .
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
Treacys is actually the spot we have booked
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:56pm
Be careful around Stradbally lads,lotta strange folk there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic