You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:45pm
In case anyone was wondering ...our lads managed to pick up their Welsh home end tickets from the stadium with little hassle just there.. they went up with Welsh lads in Welsh colours and just let them do the talking.
Sponsored Links

Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:56am
I'm definitely wrong lads but is 'tis the best feeling ever f**kin love our BIG Thenqorlf can't be with out us
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by gwernybwch gwernybwch wrote:

Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Is anyone looking to double up on turnstiles?

Think that you would struggle to do that. 
At the CCS because the turnstiles are fiddly electronic things there is usually a steward right by the turnstiles on the outside and another watching several turnstiles on the inside.

Did exactly this and got in. Know of another fella who did the same too
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

At the CCS because the turnstiles are fiddly electronic things there is usually a steward right by the turnstiles on the outside and another watching several turnstiles on the inside.

doubled up and told the stewards we got seperated from 1 lad but we had his ticket . We both had match tickets so only one of ours was scanned and we asked the steward to pass the ticket out the big gate that wasn't scanned and he did it no problem.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:30am
Great trip great support now roll on the last leg of mission.
Ps did say few weeks back about chancing arm at turnstiles. 2 lads in our group let down last minute for tickets so took a chance got thru first security checkpoint easy by handing ticket back then again no problem at turnstiles n got in ☺👍🇮🇪👍⚽️☺
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

doubled up and told the stewards we got seperated from 1 lad but we had his ticket . We both had match tickets so only one of ours was scanned and we asked the steward to pass the ticket out the big gate that wasn't scanned and he did it no problem.

2 of us got in no problem, just picked a random young lad and told him the craic, great shout to try this anyway, little to lose, everything to gain Clap
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:32am
Couple of points. 

1. The jib in to the away end was simple. Like I've been to a lot of games / stadium and this was probably the easiest I have ever seen. 3 of us there. I only had 2 tickets. Lad I was with had home end but wanted to come in with us. First fella scanned and I pushed your man through. There was no security etc, it was beyond simple. 

2. Met a fan on Mary street. Won't say names but a friend of a friend. Chatting away. I'm asking do you come to many games etc. He's like nah, we have 1 ticket between two. I was like, oh how did you get it. Said after Moldova game he was in players lounge. Walked up to JD who was standing around and said, Hi John, I'm heading to Cardiff without a match ticket. Any spares - JD pulls an away end ticket out of his back pocket. I won't say any more Confused

3. In the away end, I was just standing in a random spot. We were late enough coming in, literally as we misjudged the walk. Now we are all Irish fans supporting our team. I was next to a fella who was actually in his legit seat. Any time I moved he was putting up his arms and elbows trying to block me from standing close to him, you know like I wanted his spot. It was so childish but it really annoyed me. It's an away game, people pack in, stand and sing. What's the problem? Grown man like. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:41am
[QUOTE=kearney304]Couple of points. 

1. The jib in to the away end was simple. Like I've been to a lot of games / stadium and this was probably the easiest I have ever seen. 3 of us there. I only had 2 tickets. Lad I was with had home end but wanted to come in with us. First fella scanned and I pushed your man through. There was no security etc, it was beyond simple. 

very poor no checking tickets on approach to the stadium, then you had the gimps/security trying to keep that needless buffer zone between two sections of the irish supporters clear, yer man was constantly running up and down those steps it was hillarious in the end.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:39am
[QUOTE=kevincronin2000] [QUOTE=kearney304]Couple of points. 

very poor no checking tickets on approach to the stadium, then you had the gimps/security trying to keep that needless buffer zone between two sections of the irish supporters clear, yer man was constantly running up and down those steps it was hillarious in the end.

He was a nutter ! I was right beside it, the older steward with the leather was sound, he said your man is always like that. That's the normal separation zone for away fans, looks like we got a extra block into the family stand. Great view to be fair.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
What were the pubs over there like for the match itself? Say they were fairly busy.
The dark side.. And the light
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Couple of points. 

2. Met a fan on Mary street. Won't say names but a friend of a friend. Chatting away. I'm asking do you come to many games etc. He's like nah, we have 1 ticket between two. I was like, oh how did you get it. Said after Moldova game he was in players lounge. Walked up to JD who was standing around and said, Hi John, I'm heading to Cardiff without a match ticket. Any spares - JD pulls an away end ticket out of his back pocket. I won't say any more Confused

3. In the away end, I was just standing in a random spot. We were late enough coming in, literally as we misjudged the walk. Now we are all Irish fans supporting our team. I was next to a fella who was actually in his legit seat. Any time I moved he was putting up his arms and elbows trying to block me from standing close to him, you know like I wanted his spot. It was so childish but it really annoyed me. It's an away game, people pack in, stand and sing. What's the problem? Grown man like. 

Why didn't you just move away from him a few feet?
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

2 of us got in no problem, just picked a random young lad and told him the craic, great shout to try this anyway, little to lose, everything to gain Clap
Myself and my mate done the same. Couldn't believe it was that easy.LOL
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
exactly, myself, Trapped and Panteira spent the entire match stood in a stairwell and not one thing said to us about it, was a good few others also doing it.
Few seat police about alright but nothing more than expected in games like this I find now.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

exactly, myself, Trapped and Panteira spent the entire match stood in a stairwell and not one thing said to us about it, was a good few others also doing it.
Few seat police about alright but nothing more than expected in games like this I find now.
Weren't too many near us. One lad walked in  5 minutes into the game saying it ws his seat, we explained that it's a free for all and he said fair enough
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Couple of points. 

Why didn't you just move away from him a few feet?

LOL - I know right, I was fixated on the match. Point noted 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:58pm
Some clown came up to me at half time and said I was in his seat. Told him there was someone in my seat too and it was a free for all at Away games. He was giving up so in the end it was easier to just move. Moron
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
There were a Few lads dressed up like they were going to a business meeting a few rows ahead of me roaring at people in front of them to sit down so they could sit down to enjoy the match.. f**king planks
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:13pm
Anybody close to feeling normal yet ???
Was some night !!! On account of only getting into Cardiff at 3.30pm, I missed most of the madness outside of O'Neills. Did arrive in time to try and recruit Bernard Brogan for a bit of junior football in London ! 
I liked the stadium - Was expecting it to be a bit like most of the other out-of-the-box stadia that have been built but was actually good. Atmosphere was great from our lot as as always the Welsh anthem was class. Did bump into a few people who I knew going to the game : Could be totally wrong but not sure they would be regulars at home games let along away games but had tickets in the away end ?!?!
Some craic back in the Live Lounge after - Wasn't quite Campus in Glasgow but was pretty good all the same. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>
  Share Topic