All talk about tickets for Wales away game here Thumbs Up

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:05pm
Lots of people will be in the home end.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

How are they going to get Wales fans membership numbers to be able to buy these home end tickets?

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:32pm
Are the Welsh getting 5k for the Aviva ?

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.

the voting bit is a bit of an exagertion tbf, along the line of the north Korea communist party 'elections' if a certain somebody decided the % was 80% I dare say it would be 'voted' in

I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.

we ll agree its too low and not even close to neighbouring associations ( well apart form GF that is), re votes see previous comments. Any increase in ST is to be welcomed be they via Sc or independents

We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets 'for the big/pretegious/glamourous games' from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.
Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.

Minor edit which is probably more accurate 

The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.
In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.

an extra 350 tickets to away regulars be they independents or members of SC is certainly to be welcomed but more so if we were all on a level playing field and I speak as there are plenty of SC members with  better record than myself  I look forward to the Confed campaiging for a  universal scheme to be brought in

Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.

When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers

my views on FD are well known

It is frankly a disgrace that they felt they were left with no other choice other than boycott, though ones I know personally continue to travel abroad in support of their county incl Bosnia and euros 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:58pm
Bad call, lads. You've blown your thunder way too early. 40% for fans will never be enough...

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:18pm

Your right but they will all be Welsh. 20,000 TT
3,500 Irish leaves 9780 which will be sold on pre to TT holders. All they need is 50% TT to buy 1 ticket and the game will sell out with no general sale. These tickets will be sold with 4 games remaining meaning Wales will still be in the hunt for at least 2nd spot.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Bad call, lads. You've blown your thunder way too early. 40% for fans will never be enough...

We all agree that 40% is to low but we are 10% better off than where we were yesterday.
1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family. Which leaves 550 odd for those who do one trip away a season.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:34pm
Ugh, this will be worse than Scotland.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:54pm

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.

I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.

We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.
Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.

The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.
In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.

Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.

When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers 

Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. 

Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. 

Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. 

It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. 

This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. 

That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)

Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? 

Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:22am

Do you not think Glasgow was a bigger pull for the casual fan, Friday night game Ireland and its love affair with Celtic? If I do have to end up in the Home end through Viagogo or a similar site there won't be any hassle from mutant type individuals thankfully like some have reported in Parkhead. This game could well be a dead rubber from either sides perspective so time will tell if its the cup final scenario plenty have spoke about. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: de scientist
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:04am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers </span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

i think you have put Jackie back in his box there

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 8:51am

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:58am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

In serbia circa 300 there with another 300 tickets harvested
moldova maybe 600 there with 200 harvested 

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

Is that the word on the street from your CIA Hogan contact? LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

In a nutshell

there a ST holders with good away records in SC's  who know 100% they will get a ticket for Wales

there are ST holders with just as good or even better away records who are independents and they haven't  a clue if they are going to get a ticket

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:09am

there was more than 300 in Serbia , though agree with the Moldova figure

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:11am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

what business is it of yours 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

In a nutshell

there a ST holders with good away records in SC's  who know 100% they will get a ticket for Wales

there are ST holders with just as good or even better away records who are independents and they haven't  a clue if they are going to get a ticket

this is my concern - whats the point in a good away record 

what do we get in return for giving abbey 15% 

should the football family get more than those who go everywhere?

Posted By: Fruice
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:19am
Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:19am
Have been season ticket holder last 2-3 years was understandable I got nothing for Scotland but have been Gibraltar, Serbia, Austria away under the new system and have already booked Georgia so am hoping I will be sorted for Wales....40% still is a figure the FAI have pulled from their hole, borderline disgraceful taking into account the amount of event junkies that will go to Wales and will no doubt get sorted for tickets...saying that think the Welsh FA are missing out big time here if they don't move it to the Millenium with the amount of extra revenue they could make

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

70 points for a season ticket
20 points for a competitive away game
0 points for the 4 games in france

person 1 = 150 fans direct points
person 2 = 280 fans direct points

However my personally believe that the database being used by the ticket office only dates back to Gibraltar away,  I have no proof its just a hunch .

That's providing any points system is in operation in the first place.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:29am
Eventually it did for Bosnia and all were sorted for Austria. Until a new software system is in place in Abbottstown human errors will occur.
Scotland was 2 years ago and things are improving. Remember we will have people who attended all 4 aways in this campaign and they could miss out as these
are there only 4 aways over the last 4 years.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:33am
Perfect thanks Kevin.
Why no points for France? account numbers were given.
And do you get more points for additional tickets purchased for home games is your account.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:38am
didn't someone on here offer to set up a system for them and they declined afaik

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:42am

Perfect thanks Kevin.
And do you get more points for additional tickets purchased for home games is your account.

No one officially knows? How do you purchase additional home tickets on your account? it has been stated here before that your ticketmaster account and fai account are not linked.

Dont really know why no points are offered for finals i presume because they are neutral games and too much work involved in issuing points.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:51am
Why not I get "points" via my ticket master account when I purchase my season ticket through ticket master.
And I often purchase additional tickets via the same process.
How is one different from another?

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:52am
A few here have mentioned tickets being harvested ?
Not sure exactly what this means, but I suspect its where people apply and buy tickets without ever intending travelling to boost their points ? Am I right ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not sure exactly what this means, but I suspect its where people apply and buy tickets without ever intending travelling to boost their points ? Am I right ?

Correct.
easily and cheaply done when the ticket prices were so low. Should be pick up in Tiblisi in my opinion and anyone who fails to show should not be considered for welsh tickets.

-------------

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:57am

Correct.
easily and cheaply done when the ticket prices were so low. Should be pick up in Tiblisi in my opinion and anyone who fails to show should not be considered for welsh tickets.

Was pick up the last time we were over there.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:06am

Why not I get "points" via my ticket master account when I purchase my season ticket through ticket master.

to be fair i dont think you should be awarded points for additional home or away tickets, or if you have more than one season ticket in your name. ( not saying this is the case ). As regards home tickets im not aware of an application process for home tickets via the fai even though when fans direct was launched it was mentioned that there would be 10 points for individual home tickets. I am not a season ticket holder and purchase most of my home tickets via ticketmaster. I reckon i dont get credited with any points for these even though i use the same email address for my fans direct and Ticketmaster accounts you think it wouldn't be that difficult.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:16am

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers </span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

They were not that generous they are now at 45% Abbey 15% and we are at 40%.
The best way to grow this 40% we need to grow ST sales within our grouping YBIG can help by continuing to promote ST sales within FD and SCs will try to continue to grow their own ST numbers.We need to get away regulars away from getting tickets through their football leagues / Clubs and into FD or SCs and guesstimate is there are over 100 in this position.
The fact is these away regulars are let down from time to time and also their clubs and or leagues have been known to add handling fees of up to €35 per ticket for the Euros.
With thier own record they would be guaranteed tickets and not open to been ripped off for big games.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:23am
good point Missy, would like them to increase the price structure for 114 to 113 and 115, this was the case for 115 but for the next season there is a price increase for 115. wouldn't it be good to have all of the south lower exclusive to season ticket holders.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:27am

People applying through FD on numerous friends accounts on FD then their local club and I'm sure their local SC caused the problem 1 person theoretically could have applied 4 or more time for 1 ticket. This caused the problem. I know it easier said than done but apply once for 1 ticket. If you end up with a few you are adding to the case to keep the football family allocation at 45%.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:36am
If somebody has a reasonable reliable source for getting away tickets from within the football family, why would they close off that route and join FD/SC's where they become another number at someone else's discretion. I'd say join FD/SC if you want but don't cut off your primary source of tickets.
I have nearly always sourced my away tickets through leagues/clubs/contacts and as such would have no away points credited to me. Then again I generally travel away to the more obscure locations and away tickets are less an issue.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:43am
hard to disagree with most of whats being posted here just proves how flawed the system is.

-------------

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:44am
You can check your account online back to Sweden away I've printed mine just in case the fai decide to wipe them. The software argument like everything else is bullsh*t and missy your intentions are good but defending the indefensible is making you look stupid .

The whole problem is the 2,100 tickets for the football family which is being used to look after everyone who licks or leaders hole including taxi drivers, have a few pints with him and tell him what a great man and singer he is.

As for the 1,400 I don't know when I last missed a game home or away and have a season ticket for years and was a block booker before that and I still don't know will I get a ticket for wales while people could pay €10 to join an sc before Scotland and we got tickets and spares from sc's were being sold at the crisc pub the day of the game.

40% is a farce and at that there is no breakdown as to how those tickets are being distributed. Why do the Crisc need a ticketing officer other than manning the turnstiles with the so called flow in Chisinau. The Crisc have no morals or principles as long as their getting their tickets.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:56am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

You can check your account online back to Sweden away I've printed mine just in case the fai decide to wipe them. The software argument like everything else is bullsh*t and missy your intentions are good but defending the indefensible is making you look stupid .

The whole problem is the 2,100 tickets for the football family which is being used to look after everyone who licks or leaders hole including taxi drivers, have a few pints with him and tell him what a great man and singer he is.

As for the 1,400 I don't know when I last missed a game home or away and have a season ticket for years and was a block booker before that and I still don't know will I get a ticket for wales while people could pay €10 to join an sc before Scotland and we got tickets and spares from sc's were being sold at the crisc pub the day of the game.

40% is a farce and at that there is no breakdown as to how those tickets are being distributed. Why do the Crisc need a ticketing officer other than manning the turnstiles with the so called flow in Chisinau. The Crisc have no morals or principles as long as their getting their tickets.
Yeah what was the story with that fella standing at the turnstiles with mcgoo watching who was going in ?

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Do you not think Glasgow was a bigger pull for the casual fan, Friday night game Ireland and its love affair with Celtic? If I do have to end up in the Home end through Viagogo or a similar site there won't be any hassle from mutant type individuals thankfully like some have reported in Parkhead. This game could well be a dead rubber from either sides perspective so time will tell if its the cup final scenario plenty have spoke about. 

Hopefully it will be a party and we will have already qualified and Wales have something to play for other than pride.
You could be right with Scotland the pull of Parkhead but Parkhead holds an extra 28000. As a Celtic fans I wish we had 28000 fans in Ireland the pull of Parkhead is not that great.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:01pm

Mine only goes back to Cardiff away now on August 14th, 2013

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:03pm

People applying through FD on numerous friends accounts on FD then their local club and I'm sure their local SC caused the problem 1 person theoretically could have applied 4 or more time for 1 ticket. This caused the problem. I know it easier said than done but apply once for 1 ticket. If you end up with a few you are adding to the case to keep the football family allocation at 45%.
this is a bit cart before the horse

If there was a universal scheme then the TO could say all those with X no of points and above will get a ticket.

so those with the required points don't try and source alternative as they know they have a ticket which skews demand

And those that don't have X no of points try and source an alternative means

Its a no brainer

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:06pm

this is a bit cart before the horse

so those with the required points don't try and source alternative as they know they have a ticket which skews demand
 If there was a universal scheme then the TO could say all those with X no of points and above will get a ticket.
And those that don't have X no of points try and source an alternative means

Its a no brainer

thats what i was trying to say, you said it a bit better NR LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:09pm

There were a lot of regulars who missed the 2 games as they were smashed financially or holiday wise.These people 10 plus aways over the last few years and should be in the ahead of a new away fans who has 3 aways to date. Hopefully both can be accommodated.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm

There were a lot of regulars who missed the 2 games as they were smashed financially or holiday wise.These people 10 plus aways over the last few years and should be in the ahead of a new away fans who has 3 aways to date. Hopefully both can be accommodated.

Take your point. However we all had to start somewhere. There is always going to be 18/19/20 year olds who want to travel to games who have never been away before and want to go to games that they can afford and in some cases need parental permission. The argument generally espoused here is that they should earn their spurs by travelling to games where tickets are not a problem which generally means some far flung former eastern bloc country - places which are usually expensive difficult to get to and not really for an away virgin. I wouldn't be too keen on my young son or daughter travelling to Moldova etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:24pm

Have you all the points on your account or has your wonderful wife or have both of you got separate points on the one account.
My understanding is that who ever name is on the account has all the points.
The new system should allow the points to go to the right person. This would also allow SC members to have their own points Hopefully this will lead to one application 1 ticket system.

It is because CRISC have a dedicated ticket officer we were able to gather data to make our case for the 10% increase in our Away allocation grouping thus improving not only SC members chances but FD members chances of away tickets.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:32pm

80 points an ST per season gives person 2 320 so a person with only 4 years STS is well ahead of any new STH with a few away. It is 20 points an Away ticket.
I'm not part of FD therefore don't know if points were allocated for the Euros. The reason is that games were over subscribed and I dont know if they allocate points in these situations.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:37pm
can the mods post superdaves two fine posts from the original discussion on here as there is far more interest in the ticket situation for the wales game at the moment compared to the actual match itself.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:44pm

i agree 

but change has to happen but we know there will be objections to it 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:45pm

If somebody has a reasonable reliable source for getting away tickets from within the football family, why would they close off that route and join FD/SC's where they become another number at someone else's discretion. I'd say join FD/SC if you want but don't cut off your primary source of tickets.
I have nearly always sourced my away tickets through leagues/clubs/contacts and as such would have no away points credited to me. Then again I generally travel away to the more obscure locations and away tickets are less an issue.

What's happens when your good source leaves the FAI for whatever reason. If I was in this position I would use both build up my points. I would get Georgia and home tickets or Season Tickets on my own account then use source for Wales. I would join FD or an SC.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:47pm

80 points an ST per season gives person 2 320 so a person with only 4 years STS is well ahead of any new STH with a few away. It is 20 points an Away ticket.
I'm not part of FD therefore don't know if points were allocated for the Euros. The reason is that games were over subscribed and I dont know if they allocate points in these situations.

I'd be surprised if points been allocated for euro tickets as tickets were got from different sources (fai,uefa initial ballot,resale portal etc) all which were legitimate ways to access ticket sales

Personally would hope euro tickets weren't been counted for any applications not just applications from FD members

As for the person with the 4 years ST being ahead of the person doing the aways this campaign well that's another argument altogether.

Does this rule go for SC as well as my knowledge is clubs can buy tickets in clubs name and be used by different people per game. Well what's stopping someone who's never been to a game getting a ticket this way? I know from history was plenty of spares floating around a particular bar in Glasgow few years back, always have wondered how could be spares when applications were 4 times higher than the tickets available

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:51pm
The scheme for distribution ahem is supposed to take in the last two qualifying campaigns but the truth is no one has a clue as its all smoke and mirrors .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:52pm
I see Scottish FA have released their upto date points total in the last few days. Must be great being a fan that's been to X number of games and know your guaranteed a ticket for next away game, meanwhile we are here not even knowing our points total or number of fans at each point in the table

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:09pm
did somebody mention a universal away scheme ?Big smile

Universal Away Ticketing Scheme 

Last 10 away games including away friendlies are taken into account–  ie approximately  two campaigns  so should be a representative timescale. Scheme starts next WC campaign .

·        2 campaigns is only an approximation of the 10 games as there could be away friendlies  - games in London etc would be viewed as away friendlies

·        Essentially 4 years so it should be a representative timescale

·        If tickets ever became scarce , then friendlies give new applicants a chance to get their foot on the ladder

·        As Game 11 is added Game 1 drops off

·        Next WC campaign - there is a strong possibility that at least one game Cardiff will be oversubscribed

·        Clubs will need to forward their members totals a la fans direct criteria and that is the starting point going forward

Each away game is allocated  1 point , (unless allocation clearly does not cover demand) those with the most points are allocated tickets down to where the number of tickets remaining  is less than the number of people on the relevant points then a ballot will be undertaken

·        Straightforward 1 point no matter where the location is  as long as its an away game

·        Where demand clearly exceeds supply a point is not awarded ( tickets will though) otherwise those on the most points could pull away from those on lesser points only because of the low allocation eg Andorra and not because of those on lesser points not wanting/able to go to the game.(however may be looked at if abused ie applications with no intention of going)

·        Points will only be awarded if tickets are sourced from the FAI – no home tickets/freebies etc will be considered

·        If implemented the TO will then be able to state that due to an allocation of x No of tickets those on y points or better are eligible for tickets – thus negating the need for every man and their dog to phone the TO in the weeks prior to a match asking for tickets tying up their resources

A Season Ticket holder will be awarded 2 points per campaign – so there is an incentive but it doesn’t unfairly impact too much on those who are not season ticket holders eg on mainland Europe

·        Home games are NOT a level playing field where as away games are , as practically everybody will need a flight to get to an away game ( UK away games for UK based fans notwithstanding) however…….

·        Season Ticket holders/Block bookers  HAVE to be incentivized/rewarded , I feel 2 points per campaign will achieve this and is a compromise on ALL parties

·        The 2 points shall be added on 1st Aug at the start of the relevant campaign ie Aug 2012 Aug 2014 etc

·        The maximum number of points achievable is thus 14 ie a season ticket for 2 campaigns  and the full 10 away matches ie (2 + 2) + 10 = 14. Non season ticket holders maximum is 10

·        At the beginning of the third campaign the first 2 points awarded for the season ticket will drop off to be replaced by another 2 if a season ticket is renewed, or none if the season ticket is not renewed

·        Individual home games are not considered  - for a variety of reasons not least verification

Each request for tickets must be backed up by naming who the tickets are for  ie the tickets can be in one name but all the recipients must be named

·        Self explanatory  - it is not up to the person in who’s name the tickets are in to decide who gets the tickets – it is the FAI’s. The tickets must go to the named recipients

·        This should also eliminate the multiple requests from different members of the same group which distorts the actual demand and will thus make allocating tickets easier as the actual demand is known

·        It is primarily to cut down on unnecessary expense rather than sending out tickets individually

·        Eg Season Ticket No/Cust Ref  No 15550 Newryrep – Recipients 15550A Newryrep, 15550B  Mrs Newryrep

Random checks can be undertaken for proof of travel and ticket collection in the destination city is also an option

·        Self explanatory – may be required if it appears the system is being abused – points can be deducted if no proof offered (the Scots acknowledge it is an issue for them)

·        % Ticket collection in a destination also may be used as proof of travel as well  if timescales for ticket distribution are particularly tight due to late arrival of host tickets

·        A ticket stub is not proof of travel – proof required would be hotel bill in persons name ATM withdrawal/CC withdrawal, boarding pass possibly

·        Where allocation is low less than a 1000 this must be mandatory and if possible flagged in advance – Bosnia being a prime example where time scales are tight to a. receive the tickets from the home association b allocate to those entitled (streamlined if this scheme is brought in) c. send out to recipients prior to them travelling (personally have had the last 2 play off tickets collected at TO as didn’t believe they would arrive in time, Paris arrived the day before I left

Cost – To be honest it should be standard practice for a company to keep its customers details up to date HOWEVER if a small cost is incurred I would propose a small increase on the - 2 euro handling fee on each away ticket  - I don’t want to give the FAI an opportunity to get more money out of fans with a blanket payment which will be a nice little earner, the scots are complaining about their cost which started off small but is now £25 a year irrespective of how many games you go to so am linking it to actual tickets – the more tickets you get the more of an admin fee you pay, 5 aways will be 25euro admin, 2 aways 10 euro etc – 600 bosnian tickets – admin fee E3000

It is by no means a perfect scheme but it is IMO

·        Fair

·        Transparent

·        Relatively easy to understand

·        Relatively easy to implement

·        Relatively easy to administer

·        Not an impediment to new members

·        In no way restrictive

·        An incentive to become a Season Ticket Holder

·        A nicely balance  between the home v away, regular away v occasional away, hardcore v big game Charlie

Finally it would be in an individual fans interest to get their own record with the FAI, or as a minimum  have it via a trusted partner/friend/sibling/mistress and not rely on the whims of casual acquaintances/some guy down the pub,/a dads friend 2nd cousin who if tickets are in demand for big games can withhold them if it suits them.

Also if the away game is important, handy to get to, in a glamorous destination or a combination of all three do not EXPECT to get a ticket if you have no record with the FAI, so DONT come on here/ Joe Duffy and bleat about not getting a ticket because hopefully there will be a scheme in place.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:55pm

In the words of our master you need “the wisdom of Solomon to allocate tickets fairly”

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:41pm
In a fair system you would name those you are buying tickets for and they would get the points

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:44pm

Perfect thanks Kevin.

No points because you shouldn't be giving out points for oversubscribed games: it only makes it harder for people to get tickets.

The Scotland game wasn't considered at all in giving out Euros tickets for instance (which were well enough managed, ultimately, but having loads more tickets than they had for Scotland probably helped).

Having said that, it would mean no priority would go to people who were in Vienna. The other way of looking at it would be that everyone who applied for Vienna got given points, even if they were rejected. The same people quite possibly travelled and got tickets over there.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 5:08pm

Who the hell is 'the football family'?

Do you work for the FAI?LOL

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 5:30pm
If I answer your question I will not be believed. I will let other who me answer that.
Your posting here to know who the football family is.

If FD SC grouping were given 85% some here would be asking why not 100%. I try to make fair comments based on the facts I have at that time. While I agree we need more than 40% I am greatful for the 10% rise and will continue to work behind closed doors for another increase if the circumstances are there to seek it. If ST sales drop forget about another rise in away allocation.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 7:02pm
LOL

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 7:38pm

If I answer your question I will not be believed. I will let other who me answer that.

If FD SC grouping were given 85% some here would be asking why not 100%. I try to make fair comments based on the facts I have at that time. While I agree we need more than 40% I am greatful for the 10% rise and will continue to work behind closed doors for another increase if the circumstances are there to seek it. If ST sales drop forget about another rise in away allocation.

Missy a couple of points (though you didn't answer my last onesSmile)

People are realistic , and deal in the realpolitik , 15% to abbey is only an issue with some people ( only 2 that I can count) because of the ludicrous 30% ( now 40%) - I am sure they pay good money for the 15% and plenty of their travellers are regular so would likely be entitled to tickets even if they didn't travel with Abbey.

Do you really believe this would be an issue if the FD/SC allocation was 80 % leaving 15 for Abbey 5 % for sponsors

the FAI have advised you that the only reason they increased the allocation was because of an increase in St sales ? so if sales hadn't increased we would still be at 30 % - unbelieveable

Can you confirm what the previous number of ST related to 30%

Can you confirm what the new number of ST is which has caused the increase by 10% so we can extrapolate hypothetically to work out just how many ST have to shift to get a % anyway near what neighbouring associations deal with ? - though I suspect it wil be near the 100000 STh LOL

-------------

Posted By: manulike
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 8:53pm
Although there are plenty of grumbles recently from Welsh fans that have "been to all the games in France" etc, the FA of Wales has disregarded those tickets (even if bought through them) and applied a very straightforward scheme:
There have been 5 away games in the Euro 2014-15 campaign + 2 away friendlies.
Stage one availability: 1700 people that have 2 or more of those.
Stage two availability 2400 people who have 1 of those
Stage three: anyone with a TT for last campaign

For Austria, there were at least 300 people with 2 or more that did not request a ticket.
Thus is theory, Stage 1 for your game will have only 1400 / stage 2 will have 2100 and stage three will be the entire 4k that got official tickets to our Vienna trip.

Obviously, for our Moldova game, there will only be stage one availability, but otherwise, no points, no clubs and no Footballing Family over here ;-)

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 8:53pm
there is only one person who benefits from the current distribution system and that's the elephant in the room as tickets = power = people being beholden to the person who controls this system.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:49pm

there is only one person who benefits from the current distribution system and that's the elephant in the room as tickets = power = people being beholden to the person who controls this system.

Only 1 ?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:05pm
Sorry Newry his entourage of ever so loyal Me Feiners who are alright Jack so don't rock the boat or we will be just like all the ordinary fans screwed.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:26pm

Missy a couple of points (though you didn't answer my last onesSmile)

People are realistic , and deal in the realpolitik , 15% to abbey is only an issue with some people ( only 2 that I can count) because of the ludicrous 30% ( now 40%) - I am sure they pay good money for the 15% and plenty of their travellers are regular so would likely be entitled to tickets even if they didn't travel with Abbey.

Do you really believe this would be an issue if the FD/SC allocation was 80 % leaving 15 for Abbey 5 % for sponsors

the FAI have advised you that the only reason they increased the allocation was because of an increase in St sales ? so if sales hadn't increased we would still be at 30 % - unbelieveable

Can you confirm what the previous number of ST related to 30%

Can you confirm what the new number of ST is which has caused the increase by 10% so we can extrapolate hypothetically to work out just how many ST have to shift to get a % anyway near what neighbouring associations deal with ? - though I suspect it wil be near the 100000 STh LOL

I don't know figures of ST sales and the increase from this season to last season. ST sales are not the only Criteria Ticket Office know how many tickets our grouping takes and how many football family takes. This also feeds into it.

The football family covers every club in the country Club Ireland FAI Staff Players and Sponsors. Not sure where premium level draw tickets from.

Our percentage realistically should be around 65% this is a personal opinion and over time I have no doubt we will achieve this by getting people to join FD answer SCs instead of going through the football family.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:33am
The football family isn't really the issue here either though. Their allocation for the Scotland game, based on the FAI's own figures, was 22.8%. I don't recall hearing from many LOI club supporters, or junior club members that I know (admittedly, not all that many) that this figure of 22.8% wasn't enough for them, although it is certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that it wasn't. 

Can anyone here furnish us a story of a football fan or person connected to a local club who failed to get Scotland tickets ? Not exactly a pure methodology I know, but it would be interesting all the same. I have a feeling this figure covered the majority of the demand from that sector for Scotland, ya have to remember there was quite a large media fuss about it at the time, anyone from this sector who felt genuinely neglected may well have contacted a journalist, or we would have seen it reported somewhere, especially as journos at the time were actually seeking this information from fans, it was in the papers quite a lot and even elicited comments from MON & Roy.  But we didn't hear from them, ergo, perhaps that 22.8% figure was enough. 

So why then did this allocation, at the announcement of FD, rise to 55% ????? Because it would look like, on all the evidence, that this figure was not based on actual demand, but based on an extreme case potential demand, if anything at all. Now it is back down to 45%, possibly based on growth of STs & SC members, but we don't know that for sure either, we are speculating to an extent. It could well be that this was a built in excess in the first place, or it could be that when the time comes, members of this sector will lose out, or it could be that certain FAI members may have to stop promising tickets to random lads they bump into here & there, or foreign taxi drivers. 

Whatever ticket system you believe in, or are putting forward, I have yet to see anything approaching a credible defence of whatever dartboard/magic hat/random system used for the Scotland game whereby loads of people who have rarely been to LR and NEVER to an Ireland away game, somehow end up with (easily gotten) tickets ahead of people who have followed the team home & away for years, and some (not all) SC's end up with extras/spares to do as they wish with. 

And simply put, the larger this ''football family'' allocation is, the more chance there is of that situation happening, as whatever internal systems SC's have, there is at least some degree of transparency & fairness within them, sending out 22.8/55/45 % of tickets into a vast collective umbrella of 'the football family'  with zero breakdown on these figures & where they actually went is simply beyond anyone's control as to what happens them at that point. And yet lads sometimes wonder why tickets end up on Done Deal  (and on that note, a big hello to everyone in the Wexford SC). 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 1:03am
Hold on, Abbey Travel get a cut of away tickets?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 6:35am

I don't know figures of ST sales and the increase from this season to last season. ST sales are not the only Criteria Ticket Office know how many tickets our grouping takes and how many football family takes. This also feeds into it.

The football family covers every club in the country Club Ireland FAI Staff Players and Sponsors. Not sure where premium level draw tickets from.

Our percentage realistically should be around 65% this is a personal opinion and over time I have no doubt we will achieve this by getting people to join FD answer SCs instead of going through the football family.

Again unless there is  transparency you are relying on FAI being honest about figures, maybe the ST doubled in size , after the euros ? not that unrealistic given weren't we down near 3000 at one stage ?and to date they have been anything but honest  re tickets and allocations blaming the SFA -laughable, the impossible task of fairly allocating tickets - most other associations seems to manage fine amongst other red herrings such as  lost records  which mysteriously werent really lost at all

Does anybody outside of the FAI know how many ST H we now have , I heard a figure of 11000 ?mentioned  ? is it that commercially sensitive ?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 6:39am

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE , they are contractually obliged to receive 15% and I am sure they pay handsomely for it .

the issue is those resisting change from where we are to a fair and transparent scheme for ALL fans

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 6:42am

The football family isn't really the issue here either though. Their allocation for the Scotland game, based on the FAI's own figures, was 22.8%. I don't recall hearing from many LOI club supporters, or junior club members that I know (admittedly, not all that many) that this figure of 22.8% wasn't enough for them, although it is certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that it wasn't. 

Can anyone here furnish us a story of a football fan or person connected to a local club who failed to get Scotland tickets ? Not exactly a pure methodology I know, but it would be interesting all the same. I have a feeling this figure covered the majority of the demand from that sector for Scotland, ya have to remember there was quite a large media fuss about it at the time, anyone from this sector who felt genuinely neglected may well have contacted a journalist, or we would have seen it reported somewhere, especially as journos at the time were actually seeking this information from fans, it was in the papers quite a lot and even elicited comments from MON & Roy.  But we didn't hear from them, ergo, perhaps that 22.8% figure was enough. 

So why then did this allocation, at the announcement of FD, rise to 55% ????? Because it would look like, on all the evidence, that this figure was not based on actual demand, but based on an extreme case potential demand, if anything at all. Now it is back down to 45%, possibly based on growth of STs & SC members, but we don't know that for sure either, we are speculating to an extent. It could well be that this was a built in excess in the first place, or it could be that when the time comes, members of this sector will lose out, or it could be that certain FAI members may have to stop promising tickets to random lads they bump into here & there, or foreign taxi drivers. 

Whatever ticket system you believe in, or are putting forward, I have yet to see anything approaching a credible defence of whatever dartboard/magic hat/random system used for the Scotland game whereby loads of people who have rarely been to LR and NEVER to an Ireland away game, somehow end up with (easily gotten) tickets ahead of people who have followed the team home & away for years, and some (not all) SC's end up with extras/spares to do as they wish with. 

And simply put, the larger this ''football family'' allocation is, the more chance there is of that situation happening, as whatever internal systems SC's have, there is at least some degree of transparency & fairness within them, sending out 22.8/55/45 % of tickets into a vast collective umbrella of 'the football family'  with zero breakdown on these figures & where they actually went is simply beyond anyone's control as to what happens them at that point. And yet lads sometimes wonder why tickets end up on Done Deal  (and on that note, a big hello to everyone in the Wexford SC). 

eloquent as ever Deise316

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

No points because you shouldn't be giving out points for oversubscribed games: it only makes it harder for people to get tickets.
Disagree with this, that just keeps it a closed book forever. I've been at plenty of oversubscribed games, got my own tickets. Granted I'm not as special as someone who went to Belgrade/Chisnau, but should definitely get some recognition for those games. Brings me one level above the first timers.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:20am

It is contracted that they get 15% that is 525 for Wales. They have a lot of regulars who would be entitled to tickets anyway.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:57am
Since Scotland now over 2 years ago things have changed for the better. A lot down to Crias promotion.
Since then Bosnia Belguim France Austria by and large the most deserving were sorted. Granted for France game the hardcore made life a little easier by going FMT. I will be shocked if the hardcore were not sorted for Cardiff all of them within our grouping. Human error might mean one or 2 are over looked but they hold back a few to rectify these errors then if any left they go to next on the list.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:35pm

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE , they are contractually obliged to receive 15% and I am sure they pay handsomely for it .

the issue is those resisting change from where we are to a fair and transparent scheme for ALL fans

That's a complete joke. You either go to the away games or you don't.

The only people that should be getting the tickets are those that go to away games and the season ticket holders. Every other person can shag off!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:12pm

Since Scotland now over 2 years ago things have changed for the better. A lot down to Crias promotion.
Since then Bosnia Belguim France Austria by and large the most deserving were sorted. Granted for France game the hardcore made life a little easier by going FMT. I will be shocked if the hardcore were not sorted for Cardiff all of them within our grouping. Human error might mean one or 2 are over looked but they hold back a few to rectify these errors then if any left they go to next on the list.

Missy one thing you are missing the whole point of what most independent travellers want which is a Transparent allocation and distribution scheme which ensures that all Fans are treated equally on their own individual record not just to sort out the hardcore.

Corkery Abbey are the FAI's official travel sponsor and pay for the privilege of being that so no one is taking issue with them. The other FA's hold back 5% for Sponsors,Players,Board Members and the football family.

At Present the genuine fans are getting 40% but I think it should be 80% with 15% for Abbey and 5% for the football family etc. but only if this system actually is fully transparent.

As it is a friend of those in power can get a ticket even if they are attending their first ever Ireland Game home or away as was the case in Scotland or if they are the sc's bus driver before someone who has a record going back to the 80's with the FAI.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:32pm

The only people that should be getting the tickets are those that go to away games and the season ticket holders. Every other person can shag off!

Agree with Missy & NR here, this isn't an issue whatsoever. A lot of the Abbey crew are customers of theirs since they became the FAI travel partner, and were customers of previous partner Ray Treacy Travel before that. In my one experience of travelling with them (to the Faroes) I found them to be extremely professional & well run, I would have little doubt they keep track of their customers and allocate tickets accordingly. 

In any case, as NR pointed out, they presumably pay the FAI handsomely for this premium access, in that sense, they are no different to any other corporate sponsor of any team or sport you care to mention. Anyone willing to regularly pay their prices is welcome to a ticket in my opinion, and of all the categories, it is probably the only one where we know exactly where that 15% of tickets is actually going. 

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 3:27pm

There is a bigger point missing here but i will agree about Cria,she is an absolute saint!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:06pm
That story in Wales is Bollocksology. The away allocation contacts were signed by both Associations in December as you all know. It must be a slow day in that hacks office unless he thinks FAW will breach a legally binding contact

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 5:29pm
This story still not going away.
The Welsh FSF demanding if Wales only get 3300 at the Aviva, to only allocate 2100 in return.

The Irish press make it sound like the Principality is a home option for us.
Last time we played there was March 2011 v England.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

This story still not going away.
The Welsh FSF demanding if Wales only get 3300 at the Aviva, to only allocate 2100 in return.

The Irish press make it sound like the Principality is a home option for us.
Last time we played there was March 2011 v England.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html

Sports reporting on things like this I would file under football eligibility where football forums not lest this one were far more on the ball than so called footbsll reporters who rehashed what other reporters were saying which was bollix in the first place

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:17pm
Somehow we have managed to get more tickets for the game in Cardiff than the Welsh have for the game in Dublin. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Somehow we have managed to get more tickets for the game in Cardiff than the Welsh have for the game in Dublin. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be too happy about that.

I am Welsh, but I am entirely happy with the work the FAW does re allocating the tickets to our own deserving fans. Fantastic system, which everyone understands.

Very unimpressed with the underhand antics of the FAI in this. Shows arrogance and greed.

The FAW needed to safe-guard 3300, as those are the numbers of fans that have at least one away match in last eight (including friendlies). Seems the FAI forced their hand to this 'agreement' - far from a 'gentleman's agreement' .

No one can accuse John Delaney of being sporting in this ...

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:12pm

I am Welsh, but I am entirely happy with the work the FAW does re allocating the tickets to our own deserving fans. Fantastic system, which everyone understands.

Very unimpressed with the underhand antics of the FAI in this. Shows arrogance and greed.

The FAW needed to safe-guard 3300, as those are the numbers of fans that have at least one away match in last eight (including friendlies). Seems the FAI forced their hand to this 'agreement' - far from a 'gentleman's agreement' .

John Delaney doing something like this that doesn't sound like him at all......

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm

Absolutely it seems the FAW is allocating your tickets 100% fairly. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be happy with the fact that not only have the FAW given the FAI a greater percentage, they have also given them in absolute numbers more tickets in a smaller stadium. It's bonkers and I have no idea why they would agree to this. I don't know why they would cave in so that they can guarantee 3,300 tickets in Dublin. If the FAI don't play ball, they don't play ball and some people will miss out. That could only be laid at the FAI's feet in my view and I don't think any criticism could be directed at the FAW by Welsh fans in that scenario.

Great for us though.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:46pm

Absolutely it seems the FAW is allocating your tickets 100% fairly. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be happy with the fact that not only have the FAW given the FAI a greater percentage, they have also given them in absolute numbers more tickets in a smaller stadium. It's bonkers and I have no idea why they would agree to this. I don't know why they would cave in so that they can guarantee 3,300 tickets in Dublin. If the FAI don't play ball, they don't play ball and some people will miss out. That could only be laid at the FAI's feet in my view and I don't think any criticism could be directed at the FAW by Welsh fans in that scenario.

Great for us though.

Yeah can't believe FAW agreed to that agreement but at the same time the fai didn't force them to do anything if they wanted to they could of played hard ball and told fai if they don't increase the offer we only getting 5% in Cardiff

Then it would of been up to the fai to get better deal for us Irish fans

-------------

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:04pm
So as it stands what are the away allocations for both fixtures?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:15am

Agree with Missy & NR here, this isn't an issue whatsoever. A lot of the Abbey crew are customers of theirs since they became the FAI travel partner, and were customers of previous partner Ray Treacy Travel before that. In my one experience of travelling with them (to the Faroes) I found them to be extremely professional & well run, I would have little doubt they keep track of their customers and allocate tickets accordingly. 

In any case, as NR pointed out, they presumably pay the FAI handsomely for this premium access, in that sense, they are no different to any other corporate sponsor of any team or sport you care to mention. Anyone willing to regularly pay their prices is welcome to a ticket in my opinion, and of all the categories, it is probably the only one where we know exactly where that 15% of tickets is actually going. 

my only issue with abbey is where were they in chisinau and bvelgrade? will they do anything for Tblisi?

as an independent traveller when it comes to the big games is it fair that they get so many when they dont do a lot for the non sexy destinations?

as for paying handsomely the ordinary fan does plenty when you count in season tickets etc, would be interesting to see what the number is that is actually paid

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:42pm
A wee question.
Does an increased away allocation (3300) get seated in Block I (North End) as well as in Cat1 seats in Blocks K and L - seems to make sense, as share same entrance?

http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/default-source/getting-here/aviva-stadium-way-finder-map.jpg?sfvrsn=6" rel="nofollow - http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/default-source/getting-here/aviva-stadium-way-finder-map.jpg?sfvrsn=6

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:34pm
Your entrance is correct

easier to go by the seating map here

http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/default-source/getting-here/aviva-stadium-match-seating-map.jpg?sfvrsn=2" rel="nofollow - http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/default-source/getting-here/aviva-stadium-match-seating-map.jpg?sfvrsn=2

129, 130....... is normally the away end and 101(cat 1) normally starts the home end again.  102 has been sold to colleagues so definitely home end and cat 1.    129+ would be considered cat 2.  Best to get as far back as possible for the best view. 

128 is the home end but 127 often has cat 1 away end tickets mixed in with the home fans. These don't need to be segregated apparently.  I sit in 127 and for games against the smaller countries (away fans size) all the away fans sit here.  For recent games v Georgia and Oman this was the case.  

If you have more than the 120 - 200 minimum cat 1s (one is UEFA's figure the other is FIFA's I can never recall which is which) they could be anywhere.  Some people seem to believe you have significantly more than the minimum number of Cat 1s.  

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
Thanks, @gspain - much appreciated

I have been reassured by three Irish fans that we should be getting at least another 1000 tickets - most likely, Cat1.
That still is only 8.5% compared to your 11% - but it will certainly allow the FAW to gain some credit back.

A source in FAW has confirmed that you are getting 3500 plus and extra 200 VIP/Disabled tickets

Very much looking forward to it (as well as to staying on and watching the Iceland match)

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:46pm

I have been reassured by three Irish fans that we should be getting at least another 1000 tickets - most likely, Cat1.
That still is only 8.5% compared to your 11% - but it will certainly allow the FAW to gain some credit back.

A source in FAW has confirmed that you are getting 3500 plus and extra 200 VIP/Disabled tickets

Very much looking forward to it (as well as to staying on and watching the Iceland match)

these are not extra tickets  they are the 200 tickets that the home FA is obliged to give to the away FA.

Certain FA just choose to not mention these lest people assume this is where the football family is supposed to get their tickets from -

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm

I can see it now .,.. The man himself handing out tickets in a pub in Cardiff and a wheelchair to go with it to gain entry

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I can see it now .,.. The man himself handing out tickets in a pub in Cardiff and a wheelchair to go with it to gain entry

The phrase John needs to tell the lads at the pub is "Ambulant Disabled" - apparently, no wheelchair needed ;-)

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:49am

Enjoy your trip.  No ticket issues for Iceland.

We have a full series of domestic football on the 25th including St Pats v Shamrock Rovers in Dublin, Bray v Limerick (easily accessible on the DART).  There is also Cork v Dundalk (top 2 in 2016) but you'd probably need to overnight for that.   

Northern Ireland meet Norway on Sunday 26th (general sale on Feb 20th but you'd need to be quick).

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:05am
Cork v Dundalk is a 3pm Kick off. No need to overnight will be a cracking athmosphere.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:21am

Some of the lads on your forum will lose the plot over the price of Cat1 tickets considering how upset they are at the price at Cat2 tickets.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:00am

Cork v Dundalk is a 3pm Kick off. No need to overnight will be a cracking athmosphere.

cheers my mistake assumed it would be saturday night.  

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:47pm

Some of the lads on your forum will lose the plot over the price of Cat1 tickets considering how upset they are at the price at Cat2 tickets.

You are not wrong there.
I can imagine that is the entire ploy by FAW, to actually make the remaining 1000 Welshmen happy to cough up 80 euro for their hard bargained tickets... We do only pay 80 pounds for all five home games, mind!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:13am

You are not wrong there.
I can imagine that is the entire ploy by FAW, to actually make the remaining 1000 Welshmen happy to cough up 80 euro for their hard bargained tickets... We do only pay 80 pounds for all five home games, mind!
How much are tickets for away fans at CCFC for international games ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net