You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 132>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:20am
Welsh squad
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:29am
That's one awful font they've used.. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:32am
Bar Bale and Ramsey that is a very mediocre team
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

I think its supposed to be Russian. It's nice to give the fans a taste of Russia considering they won't be anywhere near it next summer.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

I think its supposed to be Russian. It's nice to give the fans a taste of Russia considering they won't be anywhere near it next summer.
LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:08pm
Wales showing us how to do it once again by calling up a promising young player before any issues arise.
We're decent enough..
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:13pm
dunno how anyone could look at that and think Wales have a stronger squad than us. I dont even know a few of the names.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:16pm
One thing which surprises me  though there is no Jones's
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:18pm
Chris Coleman being asked in the press conference today if he'll bring on Ben Woodburn at some stage against Ireland to put an end to speculation of him switching to England.

Sounds like another case of deja vu all over again. Tongue
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:21pm
From Welsh forum
Predicted line up based on the squad announcement:

Hennessey

Chester Williams Davies

Gunter............Allen....Ledley............Taylor

Bale........Robson-Kanu....Ramsey

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:32pm
LB that looks a bit of speculative rubbish tbh, their most preferred formation is 5-3-2, only changed it once or twice, even against Gerogia at Home they played it.
Last game they tried 4-2-2-2 to try and fit all of Bale, Ledley, Allen, Ramsey and his 2 strikers in.

Think the usual 9-10 people will start who have started every game for them, might be the surprise inclusion such as Tom Lawrence who's had a fantastic season for Ipswich, I wouldn't go saying its a poor squad because there is several game-changers in that squad. 

Edited by coyne - 16 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Wales showing us how to do it once again by calling up a promising young player before any issues arise.

We have a great record securing players on the Granny rule and born in NI. If players don't want to play for us that is fine.
Look at last few squads Duffy McClean Wilson McGeady McCarthy Rob Elliott Westwood Christe Clark Keogh Pearce Wilson Arter Gibson Wilson OKane Pilkington
Go back further Mcgrath Lawro Mick McCarthy Sheedy Aldo Houghton Hughton Big Cas Alan Kelly Kilbane all the way back the the very first Shay Brennan.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

LB that looks a bit of speculative rubbish tbh, their most preferred formation is 5-3-2, only changed it once or twice, even against Gerogia at Home they played it.
Last game they tried 4-2-2-2 to try and fit all of Bale, Ledley, Allen, Ramsey and his 2 strikers in.

Think the usual 9-10 people will start who have started every game for them, might be the surprise inclusion such as Tom Lawrence who's had a fantastic season for Ipswich, I wouldn't go saying its a poor squad because there is several game-changers in that squad. 
That 11 can become a 5-3-2.  Drop Gunter and Taylor back, Ramsey into CM and Bale+Robson-Kanu upfront.  I think that is likely to be their starting 11, Lawrence is a good shout though he's been superb.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm

Didn't say there were some very good players in that squad, but the strength and depth isn't great. outside of there starting 11 who do they really have to bring on to change a game?
Yanto 58 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:48pm
That line up is almost certain what we will be played with exception probably vokexs for hrk. Game changers on bench? Well either hrk or lawrence. Woodburn outside. It will always be about our best team.
Woodburn has been through the youth ranks so getting onto the main stage is a natural progression. Its mainly the english press who are pushing the english angle.
Surprised you've not picked up on cookie describing his irish heritage.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:49pm

I can see it been close to their starting 11 and it can change to a 5-3-2 very easy by dropping Ramsay back into midfield and using 2 of the others as wing backs

In terms of game-changers on the bench who exactly you talking about? Yes Lawrence has been going well at Ipswich but I'm sure I'm not only Irish fan with deja vu here as our own Daryl Murphy was doing similar few years back and we know how that translated into the international set up.

They have called young woodburn up who is only 19 and although has played few games for Liverpool it's been no where near a consistent number of games and it's a big game to be throwing a young lad into without experience (Wales lack of friendlies last few years coming back to haunt them there) I wonder if there was no doubt over his future (as he can declare for England) would he have been called up
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm
Coleman said Woodburn is in the squad on merit. He has played 7 senior Games in his whole career. Spoofer.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm
last thing we should be doing is going gung-ho in this game. all the pressure is on wales. should be looking to sit and counter. similar set up to how we played in vienna. It won't pander to the dunphyites but its the sensible thing to do. also need good mobility in midfield to cover the flanks, so i wouldnt be starting glen whelan at all. arter and mccarthy (if fit, or meyler)
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 132>
  Share Topic