You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 132>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:40am
Wales are ranked 12th in the world, with our key players missing a draw is certainly a result for us and we even could have won it. We are still unbeaten and we now have the upper hand from Serbia with a home match and Im still pretty confident we will get through. Seamus is all I can think about at the moment really hope he comes back a better player
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:43am
Anyone who thinks the Whelan and Long incidents in any way were equivalent to what Bale and Taylor did are deluding themselves. Long brushed Williams with his bicep and Whelan accidentally elbowed Allen when trying to block the ball, they were both absolutely nothing incidents that where never going to do any serious damage, genuine "niggle" incidents.

The tackles of Bale and Taylor were both leg-breakers, unfortunately for us one of them did just that. Whether they meant it or not, both challenges were reckless in the extreme. I couldn't help but think what a p***y Sadlier sounded like after the match when he tried to say we had "roughed up" the Welsh and therefore had a reaction coming to us... A reaction is a hard shoulder, a bit of pushing etc., not a studs up lunging challenge...
We're decent enough..
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:43am
Win our 3 remaining home games and we've qualified...simple as that. Austria in June is massive now
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:47am
A disappointing night. I don't think we set up to get a draw , we just didn't play well enough to win the game.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:47am
Shocking game.ref bottled it with bale twice should have walked.we were awful,long ball bollocks all night then when we needed direct later on we start pinging passes about and run the clock down,wtf?oh and criticising the welsh support ,take a look around our left over paddys day yokes first.thank god the loi is back tonight.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:51am
When will the sheep shaggers appear on here i wonder and give us their version of events
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:53am
We are 4 points clear of the top seeds in the group, have the more favourable games left between us and serbia and we are still giving out???
Of course we set out for a draw, we had f**k all on the bench, u really want to bring on 2 lads who have never played a proper international and chance wales being 1 point behind us after the game if they snatch one. We were never going to leave space in behind for bale to use his pace vs Keogh and o shea and then that meant we had to crowd the middle to not allow bale drop deep and dictate.
Fair enough after the red card, would have been great to get 3 points, and I think we seen the players thought same as they went for it. If bale scores the chance near the end that just went wide, it would be a disaster. Unbeaten, match Wales results until Cardiff and beat serbia and off to Russia we go.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

When will the sheep shaggers appear on here i wonder and give us their version of events

Go and have a read of their Forum , they were watching a different game
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Shocking game.ref bottled it with bale twice should have walked.we were awful,long ball bollocks all night then when we needed direct later on we start pinging passes about and run the clock down,wtf?oh and criticising the welsh support ,take a look around our left over paddys day yokes first.thank god the loi is back tonight.
What are you on about?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

That is exactly what i expected to hear, how in god's name they reached the euros and got to the semis is a complete fckin mystery and i am not exaggerating
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:11am

Let me guess: rather than watching two teams playing a poor game of football, they saw 90% Welsh possession, 15 Welsh shots to Ireland's 0, and Ireland clinging on for dear life for the whole match?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:12am

I hope it was better than the one we watched!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Chris Colemans comments after the match were a f**king disgrace about how Ireland were no angels either

Apparently Neil Taylor isnt that type of player he said.
He only elbowed Tadic and broke his nose the last Int. Match they played and the sort of thuggery antics isn't new while he played for Swansea.

Hate the blatant arselicking some Managers do like that.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:22am
It was a terrible game. Playing British style teams seems to bring out the worst in us right back to Ireland v England, Cagliari 1990.They are saying the same thing about themselves over on the welsh forum.

We still have a great chance to qualify.We should be a lot more like ourselves against Austria, but another draw there and we could be starting to be in danger of becoming the one runner up in a group to not make the play-offs.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Chris Colemans comments after the match were a f**king disgrace about how Ireland were no angels either

Apparently Neil Taylor isnt that type of player he said.
He only elbowed Tadic and broke his nose the last Int. Match they played and the sort of thuggery antics isn't new while he played for Swansea.

Hate the blatant arselicking some Managers do like that.
You expect a manager to defend his player, I have no problem with that, dragging Ireland into it after 2 disgraceful tackles is ridiculous whataboutery.
The f**ker from Swansea next to me iin the pub apologised for it, why couldn't the Welsh manager!

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 Mar 2017 at 11:25am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:58am
Bale should have defo got a red which in turn probably meant the tackle on Coleman doesn't happen

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm
Lads a photo can make anything look worse. Such a bunch of holy joes on here. If you look back at longs barge on williams it looks pretty bad actually. Almost a gaa/afl style shoulder charge. Lets not pretend it was all one way.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:06pm
Are you seriously suggesting that it wasn't a horrendous challenge

f**k off with your snarky holy joes comment. O'Shea was damn lucky not to have his leg broken. Coleman wasn't as lucky
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 132>
  Share Topic