You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 132>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:29am
I think its comedy gold of the Welsh FA to appeal Bale's yellow...HE WAS LUCKY HE ONLY GOT A YELLOW FOR f**k SAKE! Imagine if he had actually put that ball in the top corner 5 minutes from time when he shouldnt have been on the field... Because its Bale I wouldn't be surprised if the card is rescinded, love to see UEFA's excuse if they do.
Hi Lads
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:31am
I can't get that image of Joe Ledley laughing while Coleman I'd in agony out of my head.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

I think its comedy gold of the Welsh FA to appeal Bale's yellow...HE WAS LUCKY HE ONLY GOT A YELLOW FOR f**k SAKE! Imagine if he had actually put that ball in the top corner 5 minutes from time when he shouldnt have been on the field... Because its Bale I wouldn't be surprised if the card is rescinded, love to see UEFA's excuse if they do.

There was lads betting Wales 3-0, and a Bale hat trick.

I got told on the dart by a few Welsh lads this will be their easiest away game ffs they're deluded. At least the scotch were likeable.

Wales can f**k right off. w**kers. Their fans, annoyed me all night I'd 3 beside me 3 twats, now I've no idea whatt they were like in central Dublin. Joe Ledley laughing at Coleman in agony. Ah here. Hopefully Whelan puts him into agony in Cardiff the arsehole. Furious still.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Mar 2017 at 12:34am
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:32am

Like I said injuries/suspensions to our 3 most creative midfielders meant we really where struggling to match Wales in the midfield, I honestly think we shouldnt be judging this Ireland team on tonight's performance as games like this against our neighbours always tend to be closer and more violent than other clashes, you'll see a more creative/imaginative Irish side take to the field against Austria in the summer mark my words.

Yes, we were lacking creativity and guile this evening. There was plenty of spirit on display but we were struggling to create chances.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:32am

Like I said injuries/suspensions to our 3 most creative midfielders meant we really where struggling to match Wales in the midfield, I honestly think we shouldnt be judging this Ireland team on tonight's performance as games like this against our neighbours always tend to be closer and more violent than other clashes, you'll see a more creative/imaginative Irish side take to the field against Austria in the summer mark my words.

With all due respect, on tonight's evidence we really couldn't fail to be somehow more imaginative. 

I found it embarrassing how none of our players aside from McClean (McGeady attempted to when he came on) to spark the game into life and take the game to Wales.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:33am
Things can get better for us, while that was Wales with no injuries, are at their peak in terms of squad personnel. I have often made a case for them on this forum, but tonight they showed how limited they are, even with a clatter of individually good players. Their forward line is their major drawback, and they never really threatened. Bale's class occasionally shone through, but he should have gone for an early bath after the tackle on O'Shea. Taylor's tackle was reckless, and deserved a red card.

McClean really did himself proud tonight, as did the backline. I felt we were not adventurous enough, and in a game where we could have taken all three points. We can do better, but it is a decent enough result.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I can't get that image of Joe Ledley laughing while Coleman I'd in agony out of my head.
ah ffs hes hardly laughing at coleman. Who knows whos in front of him saying something. They prob didnt even know how bad it was then. That pic dosent say anything bad about ledley IMO. You can read something into anything if you want to.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I got told on the dart by a few Welsh lads this will be their easiest away game ffs they're deluded. At least the scotch were likeable.

Wales can f**k right off. w**kers. Their fans, annoyed me all night I'd 3 beside me 3 twats, now I've no idea whatt they were like in central Dublin. Joe Ledley laughing at Coleman in agony. Ah here. Hopefully Whelan puts him into agony in Cardiff the arsehole. Furious still.

That's them just trying to get under there skin, they can expect no sympathy from us when they lose to Serbia next month that's for sure!

They had this idea that just because they beat Israel 3-0 away from home at a similar stage of the campaign that they were going to do it again...deluded just isn't the word for them.

Edited by Cathalthesmart - 25 Mar 2017 at 12:36am
Hi Lads
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

With all due respect, on tonight's evidence we really couldn't fail to be somehow more imaginative. 

I found it embarrassing how none of our players aside from McClean (McGeady attempted to when he came on) to spark the game into life and take the game to Wales.

Well that is true but we even saw in the 2 Scotland game's (particularly the one in Glasgow when we had a very uncreative midfield aswell) what these derby game's do to us, its great we dont have Wales till last as by then we will know our faith and what exactly we need to do to achieve qualification if we are still in the running. With players returning I expect us to improve massively during the summer, I know its only been 1 round but I think after tonight the picture for qualification has become a little clearer.
Hi Lads
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:40am

That's them just trying to get under there skin, they can expect no sympathy from us when they lose to Serbia next month that's for sure!

They had this idea that just because they beat Israel 3-0 away from home at a similar stage of the campaign that they were going to do it again...deluded just isn't the word for them.

Sympathy? I'll celebrate it. It's a shame Coleman is half Irish.

I've come across their rugby fans many times they're arrogant enough surprised by their football fans I thought they'd be like the Scotch. Just but they're like their English friends, hand in hand.

Can't get that tackle out of my head. It was infront of me, the little bastard seen it coming he had no chance of winning that ball.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Mar 2017 at 12:41am
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

We didn't play that badly though. It was a typical blood and thunder 0-0 with few chances at either end. Both sides defended well and any chances were snatched half chances. But you couldn't describe it as a "bad" Irish performance.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:41am
Hopefully next month both Ireland & Serbia can work together to knock out our 2 big rivals in the group leaving it just between us for the 2 spots, 7 point gap with only 4 game's remaining when we and Serbia still have Georgia & Moldova to play each it should be a step too far for Austria and Wales.
Hi Lads
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:44am

Sympathy? I'll celebrate it. It's a shame Coleman is half Irish.

I've come across their rugby fans many times they're arrogant enough surprised by their football fans I thought they'd be like the Scotch. Just but they're like their English friends, hand in hand.

Can't get that tackle out of my head. It was infront of me, the little bastard seen it coming he had no chance of winning that ball.

TBH Chris Coleman is the only person in that Welsh camp that ill feel any sympathy for, not the best coach around a great guy.

This success at the Euro's really has gone to there head, maybe an early flight home could be the best thing for them.
Hi Lads
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:47am
If the ref had have had the balls to send off Bale for a wild tackle on OShea seconds before then the Coleman challenge doesn't happen. He allowed it to get out of control
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If the ref had have had the balls to send off Bale for a wild tackle on OShea seconds before then the Coleman challenge doesn't happen. He allowed it to get out of control
I agree with that, he has no hope of winning the ball there.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:52am
In fairness to the Taylor challenge, I don't think it was as malicious as Bale's. the unfortunate thing was colemans foot placement when the hard tackle came.

Bale's was totally high and malicious and the fortunate thing is there was no injury.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:54am
How he didn't show Bale a second yellow for the later challenge was remarkable
Would have been totally sick had that shot from him gone in near the end

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Mar 2017 at 12:55am
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How he didn't show Bale a second yellow for the later challenge was remarkable
Would have been totally sick had that shot from him gone in near the end

How/Why?

Easy, it's Gareth Bale.

The referee may of never heard of Sam Vokes in his life he'll send him off he won't send Bale off as easily.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Mar 2017 at 12:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 132>
  Share Topic