Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 132>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:25am
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Queuing up before the game I was surprised at how gobby some of the Welsh fans were, they were acting as if they were world champions playing against minnows and didn't seem to care that there were kids around when they are shouting some dirge about 'f*ck the union jack'. They reminded me a lot of English supporters in some ways with a bit of 'barmey-army' bullsh*t thrown in. You would never think that up until a few years ago they were one of the worst teams in Europe. 

Sponsored Links

1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:19am
Queuing up before the game I was surprised at how gobby some of the Welsh fans were, they were acting as if they were world champions playing against minnows and didn't seem to care that there were kids around when they are shouting some dirge about 'f*ck the union jack'. They reminded me a lot of English supporters in some ways with a bit of 'barmey-army' bullsh*t thrown in. You would never think that up until a few years ago they were one of the worst teams in Europe. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Grubar Grubar wrote:

Got one of those shirts being fired into crowd at half time.Was that some sort of trawl to get better players than were on the pitch?Not a bad idea if it was.Ireland very lucky that Wales had a man sent off.A draw was a great result for Ireland.

Wales were very lucky they didn't have two men sent off, notwithstanding the fact that Bale should have gone for the first, it's beyond me how he didn't get a second yellow for the McClean challenge.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Grubar Grubar wrote:

Got one of those shirts being fired into crowd at half time.Was that some sort of trawl to get better players than were on the pitch?Not a bad idea if it was.Ireland very lucky that Wales had a man sent off.A draw was a great result for Ireland.
Thanks Hans just what we need another comedian
Grubar View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:28pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Lads giving out about how MON approached the game are talking nonsense. Perfect game plan imo. Onus was on Wales and for a team that needed a win they were far too conservative, thus limiting our counter attacking opportunity. We showed glimpses of decent counter attacking play. Think we badly missed brady. Set piece delivery was shocking. Would have liked to see Doyle brought on for the last 5 mins. Couldn't win anything in the box aerially.

The approach the first 70 minutes was fine. But when they're down to 10 and you only have 1 Striker on the field you can argue he was too cautious, maybe's that because Wales are best on the counter. But the option to go for it more was definitely there. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Lads giving out about how MON approached the game are talking nonsense. Perfect game plan imo. Onus was on Wales and for a team that needed a win they were far too conservative, thus limiting our counter attacking opportunity. We showed glimpses of decent counter attacking play. Think we badly missed brady. Set piece delivery was shocking. Would have liked to see Doyle brought on for the last 5 mins. Couldn't win anything in the box aerially.

Agree with this. Main thing for me beforehand was that we didn't lose.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:30pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

It was a turgid, ill disciplined draw, with neither side deserving victory. Mon could be criticised somewhat for keeping his caution after the sending off, but in the general scheme of things, a draw was better for us than Wales. I can't help feeling so sorry for Seamus Coleman, whose career could be now defined by this.

I was very disappointed to hear disgusting racist chants from some of our supporters. Given the past ethnicity of our team, this is most offensive and unwelcome. Fans need to stand up to cretins like these.

As for some Welsh fans being targeted by muppets post game, this is equally unwelcome and totally unwarranted. 

I really hope not, the mind boggles if true. The ethnicity of our players shouldn't make a difference either.
can you elaborate on the racist chants?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:50pm

Usual blog on the game for those that follow it. Few thoughts on what I made of the Bale and Taylor challenges as well. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 27 Mar 2017 at 6:22pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm

Absolutely no issue with any Welsh fans I came across in the days running up to the game or during/after the match. They seemed to be enjoying the city and were in good spirits. Great to see a good few turn up to Richmond park on Saturday too.

There was a good few pissed up clowns in 114. There's a group standing near me from the midlands and a few of them are there solely for the session. Only interested in shouting abuse and falling all over the place. Why waste money on the season ticket? Just stay in the pub.
It would be better for everyone
El Puto Amo
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:34pm
Have to say thought the Welsh fans where great, couldn't speak highly enough of them. Even the mutual tauting was good natured. Take note tartan army!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

It was a turgid, ill disciplined draw, with neither side deserving victory. Mon could be criticised somewhat for keeping his caution after the sending off, but in the general scheme of things, a draw was better for us than Wales. I can't help feeling so sorry for Seamus Coleman, whose career could be now defined by this.

I was very disappointed to hear disgusting racist chants from some of our supporters. Given the past ethnicity of our team, this is most offensive and unwelcome. Fans need to stand up to cretins like these.

As for some Welsh fans being targeted by muppets post game, this is equally unwelcome and totally unwarranted. 
I really hope not, the mind boggles if true. The ethnicity of our players shouldn't make a difference either.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:21pm
I enjoyed the Welsh fans we met both at the pub before the game and the fans we met at our hotel after. They were all sound good lads who talked sense about the game. Had a few pints with them. Really suprised at stories of both fans behaviiur on here but sure there are ass holes in all walks of life.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Rushie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Rushie Rushie wrote:

Again whoever said that to you us an idiot.few incidents aside enjoyed dublin apart from the match went to watch st,pats v shamrick rovers the next day st,pats fans were great lads.i just hope the game in october does'nt attract idiots and the incidents that went on in dublin because believe it or not cardiff a great night out.

I realise that It definitely left a sore note surrounded with lads from Belfast area, it seems with your recent success a large number of people have just jumped on the bandwagon and they appear to be idiots who are inspired by your British friends. We have that, but even they just go for the craic our lads don't bring hassle any where in the world.

Octobers match will be dirty i suspect, but by then I hope Serbia have eliminated yous' and its a two horse race with us needing a win to top the group.

I fully expect Taylor to get 4 matches. 

Taylor will get a four match ban.I don't have british friends as im welsh not british.You obviously don't like us welsh which is your paragotive i have no issue with you irish guys and hope you do well at the world cup.The bad feeling between a minority of both sets of fans towards each other is pathetic,i hope you guys come over and want to have a great time.Our core support are freindly guys but yes we have idiots like every team yourselfs included do.

I'd be a rugby fan, I was there when we won the grand slam with O'Gara late on I was congratulated in Cardiff seems to a different kind of support with your football, i was surprised. I'll be there! Pob Hwyl! 

Absolutely not the case at all our fans are no different to yours want to have a good post euros we've attracted a few idiots!BUT when you hear of people having punches swung at them because of taylors challenge and threatened myself over it its pathetic!!
Rushie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:13pm
We knew coming to ireland your team would be up in our boys faces thats the way you play high pressing and don't give the opposition a single minutes peace which works for you.I don't blame allen getting in whelans face it was a bad elbow.As for the issues with the fans the only time we've had reports like that before was against england away a few years ago.Been to eire a few times before with wales and never seen it before it does'nt change my view on eire fans you've got great supporters its just a few have let you guys down this time.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:08pm

Again whoever said that to you us an idiot.few incidents aside enjoyed dublin apart from the match went to watch st,pats v shamrick rovers the next day st,pats fans were great lads.i just hope the game in october does'nt attract idiots and the incidents that went on in dublin because believe it or not cardiff a great night out.

I realise that It definitely left a sore note surrounded with lads from Belfast area, it seems with your recent success a large number of people have just jumped on the bandwagon and they appear to be idiots who are inspired by your British friends. We have that, but even they just go for the craic our lads don't bring hassle any where in the world.

Octobers match will be dirty i suspect, but by then I hope Serbia have eliminated yous' and its a two horse race with us needing a win to top the group.

I fully expect Taylor to get 4 matches. 

Taylor will get a four match ban.I don't have british friends as im welsh not british.You obviously don't like us welsh which is your paragotive i have no issue with you irish guys and hope you do well at the world cup.The bad feeling between a minority of both sets of fans towards each other is pathetic,i hope you guys come over and want to have a great time.Our core support are freindly guys but yes we have idiots like every team yourselfs included do.

I'd be a rugby fan, I was there when we won the grand slam with O'Gara late on I was congratulated in Cardiff seems to a different kind of support with your football, i was surprised. I'll be there! Pob Hwyl! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 132>
  Share Topic