You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Got an assist in Reading's 3-1 victory over Norwich and Stam has been singing his praises. Kelly has now been linked with a Premier League move. Defo one to watch 

Really hope that's only nonsense in the media, he should stay at Reading for the next season or two and continue to learn his trade because they are definitely a club on the rise again.

If he's good enough to move in the future then fair play to him, but he needs to play a hell of a lot more than 8 or so Championship games before he moves on. 
agreed, Jaap Stam will develop him too
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:30pm
I see Rangers (and Celtic apparently) are possibly in for him.  I wonder if he were to join the blue side of Glasgow, would he get the same vitriol our former U21 captain, Kiernan gets on here? 

Did we ever clear up whether he was born on the island of Ireland or qualifies by ancestry?
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:46pm
Safe to say he's a big England fan anyway. Another Grealish-saga I feel. There's plenty more of these tweets from him too...

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 29 Dec 2016 at 5:50pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:52pm

I think he was born in Dublin, but has lived in England most of his life. 

Edited by DeclanDaly - 29 Dec 2016 at 5:53pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:54pm
FFS. Not another one Stern Smile
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

FFS. Not another one Stern Smile
exactly. Who gives a sh1t. Getting boring at this stage. Well get by. We always have.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 6:27pm
Well there, the FA are going to do all in there power to keep him so, dont matter that Wales and USA are taking player's from top premiership sides like Tottenham and Liverpool it's way more important that the FA keep a championship player commited!
Hi Lads
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 6:42pm
The good news for the English FA is they won't have to try that hard to trick him into thinking he has a future with them like they did do Hogan and Grealish.
Hi Lads
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I see Rangers (and Celtic apparently) are possibly in for him.  I wonder if he were to join the blue side of Glasgow, would he get the same vitriol our former U21 captain, Kiernan gets on here? 

Did we ever clear up whether he was born on the island of Ireland or qualifies by ancestry?
Right there Luis, following my exchanging of views with the very similar minded to you poster, O'Shea, I've re read the entire Rob Kiernan thread in search of this mysterious vitriol you both complain about. In 11 pages, I found 3 posts that might possibly be construed as vitriol by say Reverand Lovejoys Missus, the aptly named Mrs Lovejoy.

As is said to O'Shea last night in the relevant thread, there has been a lot worse posted about both current and past players who never had any connection with the Ibrox outfit. The claims of vitriol and abuse are red herrings. 99.5% of the posts are fair criticism and/or opinion, my own posts on Kiernan last night included.

Also, dont be so quick to throw the if he played for anybody else card around. You dont have to look too far onYBIG to see Celtic get abused, the quality of the SPL get questioned, LOI questioned and not to mention EPL/Championship clubs. If you want to argue Kiernans corner, by all means do so in the relevant thread,but dont attempt to drag other posters comments to the gutter with unfounded claims of 'vitriol' with sectarian undertones by using the if he played for anybody else card.

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Dec 2016 at 6:50pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Right there Luis, following my exchanging of views with the very similar minded to you poster, O'Shea, I've re read the entire Rob Kiernan thread in search of this mysterious vitriol you both complain about. In 11 pages, I found 3 posts that might possibly be construed as vitriol by say Reverand Lovejoys Missus, the aptly named Mrs Lovejoy.

As is said to O'Shea last night in the relevant thread, there has been a lot worse posted about both current and past players who never had any connection with the Ibrox outfit. The claims of vitriol and abuse are red herrings. 99.5% of the posts are fair criticism and/or opinion, my own posts on Kiernan last night included.

Also, dont be so quick to throw the if he played for anybody else card around. You dont have to look too far onYBIG to see Celtic get abused, the quality of the SPL get questioned, LOI questioned and not to mention EPL/Championship clubs. If you want to argue Kiernans corner, by all means do so in the relevant thread,but dont attempt to drag other posters comments to the gutter with unfounded claims of 'vitriol' with sectarian undertones by using the if he played for anybody else card.
Also, and I don't know why this needs to be pointed out at all, hating a football club isn't sectarian or bigoted, it is part and parcel of the game.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 8:25pm
Indeed you are right, and in my initial prenpost thoughts that exact sentiment was in my mind. When it came to typing however, it eluded me.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

The good news for the English FA is they won't have to try that hard to trick him into thinking he has a future with them like they did do Hogan and Grealish.

You digging again?

Coming soon to a cinema near you!

A thriller starring....... a ybig poster with baseless assertions and that dastardly English FA and their wiley ways.......Who will win the heart and mind of Liam Kelly?

Stay tuned!

Edited by irishmufc - 29 Dec 2016 at 8:48pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:23pm
@GUFC, I'm glad Twitter and Facebook (autocapital fckers) didn't exist when I was 17.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:37pm
If this lad is born in Ireland I will eat my hat. English true and true by the looks of it.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

@GUFC, I'm glad Twitter and Facebook (autocapital fckers) didn't exist when I was 17.
agreed, it's handy tho for finding out what these players think
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

If this lad is born in Ireland I will eat my hat. English true and true by the looks of it.

Who cares
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

agreed, it's handy tho for finding out what these players think

True and fair play for finding those. I wrote the young lad off when I saw the date of the tweet shouting for England but then I thought again. If a young lad was born here and his parents brought him over wherever in the world, and he ended up losing touch with home and as a teenager tried to fit in by sending messages to idiot mates when he's seventeen. He wouldn't deserve to be written off just because everything's on record now. Of course all of that depends on wiki being right, and his parents not keeping watch for whatever reason. Anyone know the answer?
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:06pm
ROW section????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
  Share Topic