You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 78>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 11:29pm
Any tickets floating about for Sunday let me know lads

Edited by bogball88 - 25 Aug 2017 at 11:29pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 7:34am
Be interesting to see what position Mayo play Aidan O'Shea today will he be marking Kieran Donaghy again?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Be interesting to see what position Mayo play Aidan O'Shea today will he be marking Kieran Donaghy again?

Can't see it - think Mayo will employ a sweeper and Donie '*Shoes' Vaughan will pick him up officially.
Was O'Shea really that effective he is poor if the ball goes in low and wasn't tight enough on Donaghy.
Obviously not a defender; also Mayo lose his robust play in the midfield/forward sector.

Think Kerry will improve and just gest over the line.

*For anyone looking for brogues.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

In goal !
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 2:57pm
No James O'Donoghue in the starting XV
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:27pm
As poor a Kerry performance that I have witnessed in a long time
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:38pm
Unchanged Dublin XV from the last day. Great to have the likes of Connolly and Brogan on the bench if needed

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:31pm
That was brilliant from Mayo and particularly the wonderful Andy Moran, who is just indefatigable. He could yet be Footballer of the Year.

Kerry played with a sweeper in the first half but it didn't suit them at all and they seemed to be playing with it purely for the sake of it rather than having any real belief in it.

I think it also took away from the effectiveness of their press at kickouts and it had the unintended consequence of leaving Keith Higgins free to roam and giving Mayo more bodies out around midfield.

The Kerry half-forward line was just wiped out.

Mayo had a much, much better day on their own kickout - Clarke was heroic all round - and it was the foundation stone on which they built their dominance. They also hugely unsettled Kerry on theirs.

The bottom line is you can set up with any system you want but the Kerry defenders just aren't very good.

Neither are Jack Barry and Jack Savage.

Attack is usually the best form of defence for Kerry and they showed why they generally haven't set up with a sweeper before under Fitzmaurice. Fitzmaurice has always trusted his players before but he didn't today.

Rochford did. I wasn't overly impressed with him for much of last year and for much of this year for that matter but he's both lucky and has seriously earned his corn in the big games.

James O'Donoghue should have started. Insanity not to do so. If he's fit enough to come on at half-time he's fit enough to start. It would have enabled Barry John Keane to come in earlier.

Mayo have been better than Kerry since 2012 and both the results and the performances bear that out. Kerry were poxed in 2014 and today was the fourth time in a row Mayo have been the superior team in a championship clash between the two. Fourth time (not so) unlucky for Kerry.

I thought to myself around the 68/69 minute mark, "just don't somebody get sent off". It's becoming a pattern for Durcan now. He'd be a fatal loss for the final.

Some noise at the end. Mayo are some supporters. I'm delighted they sent those Kingdom coonts home with their tails firmly between their legs.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:36pm
Absolutely delighted for Mayo, I really hope they go on to win the All Ireland now (wouldn't begrudge Tyrone winning it either tbf)

Between not winning the Sam Maguire since 1951, losing 8 Finals since 1989 is heartbreaking and pound for pound imo the Mayo supporters are probably the best group of supporters in the country not just in football but also including the Hurling strongholds like Kilkenny, Tipperary, Cork, Waterford, Wexford etc too. 

Edited by Green Devil - 26 Aug 2017 at 8:37pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Any tickets floating about for Sunday let me know lads

Managed to get one today - they are coming out of the woodwork from clubs.
Mayo were good today but if that was the Dubs or Tyrone they would have trounced Kerry.
They would have seriously put them to the sword.

Stephen Rochford said it in his post match conference he wasn't happy that they didn't put them to the sword.

Looks like the end of Fitzmaurice,Donaghy,O'Sullivan and probably Sheehan who was on the bench.

If Dublin lose tomorrow I'm all for breaking the curse.

Anyway roll on the Mayo bandwagon and talk of the 'curse' for the next three weeks!
Even Garth Crooks is backing them via 'Killer' Kilbane.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Absolutely delighted for Mayo, I really hope they go on to win the All Ireland now (wouldn't begrudge Tyrone winning it either tbf)

Between not winning the Sam Maguire since 1951, losing 8 Finals since 1989 is heartbreaking and pound for pound imo the Mayo supporters are probably the best group of supporters in the country not just in football but also including the Hurling strongholds like Kilkenny, Tipperary, Cork, Waterford, Wexford etc too. 

f**k Mayo..Dubs rule
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

f**k Mayo..Dubs rule

BSM

You get a ticket BSM ?

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Mayo were good today but if that was the Dubs or Tyrone they would have trounced Kerry.

Stephen Rochford said it in his post match conference he wasn't happy that they didn't put them to the sword.

Any win against Kerry at this stage is a great one.

Mayo beat Kerry far more comprehensively than the current Dublin team has ever beaten them.

Strange that in Dublin's last four championship games against Kerry, they've scored four goals, while Mayo have scored eight. 

Dublin failed to beat what looked, on paper at least, a much weaker Kerry team in the league final. 

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Aug 2017 at 9:34pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:54pm
Congrats to Mayo today but they have won nothing yet. Mayo fans need to consider that was a very poor Kerry team today. Don't get too carried away, same team that got battered in the Connaught championship. Will the 3 week break hinder their momentum ? Smashing right hand by Donaghy at the end to fell the big Maryann.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Mayo beat Kerry far more comprehensively than the current Dublin team has ever beaten them.

Strange that in Dublin's last four championship games against Kerry, they've scored four goals, while Mayo have scored eight. 

Dublin failed to beat what looked, on paper at least, a much weaker Kerry team in the league final. 

Mayo should have been 10 points up at half time the same old failings are still there kicking the ball into the keepers hands.
They also seem to constantly take their foot off the gas - only for David Clarke's heroics at one stage it could have even been tighter coming in to the final hurdles.

Rochford said it himself we got sloppy - they were miles ahead of Kerry today.

Dublin have hammered Kerry since 2011 -To be honest I wouldn't even bring the league into this we all know Dublin started late this year.
3 in a row is there target this year; this hasn't been achieved by a Dublin team since the 20's they would also take over the mantle of the greatest Dublin team from the team of the 70's who also managed a two in a row.

If we can do a 3 in a row this year then next year we have the chance of emulating the great Kerry team of the 70's.
To be honest if these goals could be achieved; we are all alive to see the greatest Gaelic team ever assembled. 

It'll be tight tomorrow there is talk from the North that this could be Micky Harte's last season and probably Sean Cavanagh's so they probably want to go out with a bang!!

May the best team win.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**k Mayo..Dubs rule

BSM

You get a ticket BSM ?
Yes son. Once it gets to sem-I final stage my allocation kicks in. Same every year. Don't bother with the cannon fodder early rounds. One of the many perks of being a true Dub
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**k Mayo..Dubs rule

BSM

You get a ticket BSM ?
Yes son. Once it gets to sem-I final stage my allocation kicks in. Same every year. Don't bother with the cannon fodder early rounds. One of the many perks of being a true Dub

A True Blue you are BSM

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Mayo should have been 10 points up at half time the same old failings are still there kicking the ball into the keepers hands.
They also seem to constantly take their foot off the gas - only for David Clarke's heroics at one stage it could have even been tighter coming in to the final hurdles.

Rochford said it himself we got sloppy - they were miles ahead of Kerry today.

Dublin have hammered Kerry since 2011 -To be honest I wouldn't even bring the league into this we all know Dublin started late this year.
3 in a row is there target this year; this hasn't been achieved by a Dublin team since the 20's they would also take over the mantle of the greatest Dublin team from the team of the 70's who also managed a two in a row.

If we can do a 3 in a row this year then next year we have the chance of emulating the great Kerry team of the 70's.
To be honest if these goals could be achieved; we are all alive to see the greatest Gaelic team ever assembled. 

It'll be tight tomorrow there is talk from the North that this could be Micky Harte's last season and probably Sean Cavanagh's so they probably want to go out with a bang!!

May the best team win.

FFS typical Dublin arrogance getting ahead of yourself already LOL

Mick O'Dwyers Kerry team that won 7 All Ireland's in 9 years is still something that may never be matched in such a short period! 

Edited by Green Devil - 26 Aug 2017 at 10:13pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 78>
  Share Topic