Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:34pm
Im not happy hes called up. Not much i can do about it tho.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Bit of a ridiculous call up so he will probably score the winner in Azerbaijan now.

That's exactly what will happen LOL

Will Keane's on fire....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Joke for an inclusion. A so called forward-thinking, progressive manager opting for a journeyman injury prone 28yr old over Obafemi and Scully. Wow. 

He's a completely different player - wasn't called up ahead of them. Wow.

Why so many mentions of "different player" than Scully different from Horgan. 

Ffs you can swap Scully for Will Keane even though ther are different types of forward player. Players play in a variety of different positions and roles.

Neither Scully or Keane have ever been selected for the senior team before. Neither brings something uniquely special to the team.
Never known Scully to play as a 10 or Keane to play wide before. Both can play 9 but Keane better suited to playing lone striker role in Kenny's system. imo. As to what he brings to the team - we will see 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
I thought Robbie had been recalled
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:30pm
His father is Irish isnt he so i suppose that helps a little.
I love beer gardens
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I thought Robbie had been recalled
Should have called Robbie instead of this boy!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:42pm
Don't think he will play in Baku well unless we are losing and Kenny throws him on at the end . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Don't think he will play in Baku well unless we are losing and Kenny throws him on at the end . 

Then it is a strange decision as he must have known the likely reaction. Why did he bother if he doesn't see a role for him? If this is the case, he'd have been better off picking Scully!
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
Kenny said he has been impressed with him when he seen him so that is why he is in the squad. Welcome to the squad I would say. Let's see what he can do. 

He had a lot of promise at one stage. Has had many injuries though.
He potentially still has an upside 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:46pm
Rather Dolores Keane....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm
Good luck to the lad. We need goals. You never know. This lad might be the answer to all our prayers. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Good luck to the lad. We need goals. You never know. This lad might be the answer to all our prayers. 
30 goals in 163 appearances....you want to going to Lourdes, Fatima  and Medjagorie to collect as many prayers as you can get.......and 29 in January, all part of SKs plan of blooding youth for the future, total contradiction.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 30 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:13pm
Embarrassing call up. 

Atleast with the likes of Callum Robinson and Scott Hogan they declared at decent ages.

This fella is an English mercenary and is no better than what we have.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

30 goals in 163 appearances....you want to going to Lourdes, Fatima  and Medjagorie to collect as many prayers as you can get.......and 29 in January, all part of SKs plan of blooding youth for the future, total contradiction.

Largely down to his injury record. His most consistent run of games coincided with his most goals / goal involvements for Wigan over the last 12 months.

He had a very strong finish to last season with 5 goals 4 assists in their last 7 games.

He has started off this season with 4 goals 1 assist in 9 games.

A total of 9 goals 5 assists in his last 16 games in a very good return.

Of those 30 goals you mention, half of them have come in the last 12 months.

If he can continue to stay injury free he could turn out to be a decent squad option for us.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Embarrassing call up. 

Atleast with the likes of Callum Robinson and Scott Hogan they declared at decent ages.

I agree with what you're saying, we're clearly not his first choice. However, if he doesn't hit the ground running we can move on from him rather quickly as a worst case scenario.

I'd expect him to be in the squad to make an immediate impact at his age. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:41pm

Embarrassing call up. 

I agree with what you're saying, we're clearly not his first choice. However, if he doesn't hit the ground running we can move on from him rather quickly as a worst case scenario.

I don't know a whole lot about him other than he's Michael keane's twin, but as i understand it, his father is irish and he declared for ireland over 2 years ago at age 25/26. On form over the last 12 months, his selection is readily justifiable vs several of the alternatives. The brouhaha is unwarranted! Hopefully he can do a job for us in a position where we lack decent options.
Idah Dream!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Embarrassing call up. 

I don't know a whole lot about him other than he's Michael keane's twin, but as i understand it, his father is irish and he declared for ireland over 2 years ago at age 25/26. On form over the last 12 months, his selection is readily justifiable vs several of the alternatives. The brouhaha is unwarranted! Hopefully he can do a job for us in a position where we lack decent options.

When both the Keane brothers were coming through at Manchester United. Will Keane was very highly rated and his brother Michael was looking as through he might be an ok defender but all the hype seemed to be aimed at Will.

At that point Michael opted for ireland but Will thought England was reachable and so opted for them.

Michael then ended up pulling rave reviews as a defender so dropped ireland for what looks like his preferred option England... and he did ok for them.

When it was obvious that Will was never going to be a million miles in view of the England team he then changed allegiances to ireland.

So excuse me for not rolling out the red carpet.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Embarrassing call up. 

Just to add, my understanding is that Scully also played underage for England and he also has an Irish father. Scully plays as a left sided attacker as does Connolly and Robinson, so that is perhaps why he wasn't selected. Both himself and Keane have excellent goal involvement per minute ratios since the beginning of the 20/21 season further enhanced if you include efl trophy games, 1 every game and a half albeit at L1 level. Keane's selection over Scully seems purely based on position.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
  Share Topic