You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Does it matter? Has never done much for Ireland. As far as a squad goes, all filler no killer...as usual.
Absolutely, we're embarrassingly oversupplied with killers.  
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Does it matter? Has never done much for Ireland. As far as a squad goes, all filler no killer...as usual.

Ya what
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 1:07pm

Ya what
How many chances has he actually got? Four, not all full games. He's been dismissed as a below-standard castoff but keeps scoring goals. Got 30-plus in L1 last season and now looks capable of 20 in the Championship. He won't be shy of offers if he quits Wigan. 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 1:13pm

Ya what
How many chances has he actually got? Four, not all full games. He's been dismissed as a below-standard castoff but keeps scoring goals. Got 30-plus in L1 last season and now looks capable of 20 in the Championship. He won't be shy of offers if he quits Wigan. 

He's in the bargain bin for a reason, the chap is heading towards Joe Lapira infamy at this point. What he does in the Championship has zero bearing on what he doesn't do on the pitch for Ireland. Another chap more in love with his man bun than a bit of old school graft and getting his boots muddy. 

Edited by dangere_here - 30 Dec 2022 at 1:14pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Ya what

He's in the bargain bin for a reason, the chap is heading towards Joe Lapira infamy at this point. What he does in the Championship has zero bearing on what he doesn't do on the pitch for Ireland. Another chap more in love with his man bun than a bit of old school graft and getting his boots muddy. 

Whether he can be useful to the senior team is up for debate, but that is still one of the more ridiculous statements I've ever come across on here. Lapira was basically a college soccer player in the US who got an incredibly lucky break and did nothing with it, Keane is one of the top scorers in the Championship LOL
We're decent enough..
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Ya what

Whether he can be useful to the senior team is up for debate, but that is still one of the more ridiculous statements I've ever come across on here. Lapira was basically a college soccer player in the US who got an incredibly lucky break and did nothing with it, Keane is one of the top scorers in the Championship LOL

That's my point exactly, Joe Lapira had a brilliant domestic record but never did the business in a green shirt when it came to the crunch. Keane is living off his good looks and banging in a few goals in a second rate league. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 5:00pm
95th minute goal
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 5:09pm
10th of the season. 

I think there's an argument he's actually competing with Knight for the AM position rather than with the strikers. Like Knight, he presses very well, and clearly he's more of a goal threat. He's probably less adept at drifting out wide though and dropping back into an orthodox midfield 3. Based on that you'd probably favour Keane against weaker sides where we'll dominate the ball, and Knight against stronger teams when we'll be on the back foot.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 3:41pm
Goal number 12 and got his 11th mid week after going 14 games without a goal. Not bad for one of the worst teams in the league to hit double figures. Out of contract in the season and could see him getting a decent move to another championship team even if it's to be an experienced back up forward.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 3:53pm
Yes, he's no world beater but he should have done enough to stay in the Championship even if/when Wigan go down. McClean will maybe stay with Wigan.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:06pm
Wigan have been late paying players multiple times this season and talks the owners want out. McClean is surely one of their highest earners and could likely be allowed leave if the current owners are gonna cut back on financing the club.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 2:41am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Goal number 12 and got his 11th mid week after going 14 games without a goal. Not bad for one of the worst teams in the league to hit double figures. Out of contract in the season and could see him getting a decent move to another championship team even if it's to be an experienced back up forward.
Contract has two years to run. He won't have a problem staying in the Championship.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 8:41am

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Contract has two years to run. He won't have a problem staying in the Championship.

Ah right yeah I see an article from a couple of weeks ago that mentions he signed a three year extension last summer but was never announced
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 5:03pm
Looks like he's exercising his right to cancel his contract at Wigan and heading for Preston. With Knight moving as well that would leave just McGrath and McClean as the last two players in/around the senior squad who are playing in League 1.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 5:37pm
Good move for Keane if it happens. McGrath will probably return to the SPL, McClean I think has signed a new contract with Wigan-suits him for family and other reasons, ie the fans love him there and he probably doesn’t want the hassle of trying to settle in again somewhere less amenable.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 8:01pm
Don't think it's an issue at McClean's age so long as he's playing at a reasonable level, which L1 is
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 8:42pm
League 1 is not a reasonable level for international footballers.

Obviously. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

League 1 is not a reasonable level for international footballers.

Obviously. 

It clearly is seeing as many nations select players from it. McClean is 34, he's not going to get better/worse so long as he's playing at a level that demands he keep himself in good physical condition, which L1 will.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
  Share Topic