You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 6:36pm
Jonathan Macken

<puts on peter kay voice>

oh remember 3/4 length tracksuit bottoms, what were they all about?
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yet another goal today. Probably worth another look in green.

Scored a 2nd to bring his tally to 23 for the season with 3 games remaining.

Definitely worth another look, especially being played as 10 instead of a 9.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 9:53pm
Yeah, joint top scorer in League 1 now, on 23 goals (& 5 assists). 24 & 6 all competitions.

Rotherham & MKD both lost, so Wigan stretch their lead at the top to 5 points with 3 games left.

Would definitely give him more chances for Ireland. Lithuania was one of those awkward games.

Edited by Greenie50 - 19 Apr 2022 at 9:54pm
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 11:40pm
yep agreed, I really think there’s a player in him..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Will Keane?
Can't see it.

The championship is a poor standard.  I can only imagine how bad League 1 is.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 10:54am
I think we'll get a much better idea next season when he plays in the Championship. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think we'll get a much better idea next season when he plays in the Championship. 

Agreed. Jordan Rhodes scored 36 at League One level a few years ago and wasn't considered up to snuff by Scotland. Simon Cox scored around that much at League One level and was absolutely hopeless for us.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 11:26am
The Lithuania game was a real let down. I wouldn't like to say "he just found his level" regarding his goalscoring form this season as it's probably the 2nd season at best he actually got a proper clean run without injuries! 

Think he will be up to the Championship. As an option I'd see him as an option off the bench for the last 15 minutes in games we are chasing at best like the Belgium and Portugal games where he put himself about and made an impact. 

Warrants his place in the squad in the near future for sure as all our senior attacking options are League 1 this season. With Idah Parrott Obafemi Connolly not to mention the newer generation of lads Odubeko Ebosele Odubeko Ferguson Kenny Pearce looks very good at Southampton coming through I hope that Keane is only a short term option! 

That's unless he bangs in 20 goals next season up a division and Wigan make a play off assault or something to that extent. Don't see that myself.

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Apr 2022 at 11:28am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Will Keane?
Can't see it.

The championship is a poor standard.  I can only imagine how bad League 1 is.

Eoin Doyle scored the same amount Will Keane has in half a season if that puts it into perspective.

I'm sure Keane will be back to pulling in James Collins-esque numbers next season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 12:31pm
Unfortunately James Collins can no longer take penalties to pad his stats and has now spent several months failing to get into Cardiff's squad while Luton go from strength to strength in his absence. Virtually everyone on this forum recognises his limitations. His birthplace has nothing to do with it, you walloper! 

Meanwhile Will Keane is 29 and has finally started scoring for the first time in his career after averaging 1 in 10 at Championship level. I was merely pointing out that poor strikers have scored bucket loads at that level. Ross Stewart has the same amount as Keane and can't get into the Scotland squad. Lyndon Dykes can't score for love nor money but is a hugely important player for Scotland; goals aren't everything! 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 8:55pm
Keane scores again tonight.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:35pm
2 goals today, wins the league, & is top scorer on 26 goals & 6 assists (27/7 all competitions).
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 5:41pm
Sh1t pony tail though!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 4:44pm
Goal today to add to his assist last week.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 4:51pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

these never get old
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Your prediction he'd be dropped by Wigan if they got promoted to the Championship going about as well as any of your predictions so far. 2 goals in the Championship so far, one scored by him and one set up by him Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:45pm
That's inaccurate. I didn't predict that he'd get dropped. I predicted that his goal ratio would revert to its mean (something like 1 in 10 above League One level).

Enjoy the tug anyways. 

Edit: just noticed that you've awarded McClean's goal last week to Keane. LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 13 Aug 2022 at 5:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
  Share Topic