You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bundesliga 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 11:03pm
Ancelotti apparently will be in trouble for giving the finger to Hertha fans after the game at the weekend. He was spat at by the home fans. Several trainers have spoken out in his defence.
Haven't seen the coverage

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/671616/artikel_drei-gruende_dfb-ermittelt-auch-gegen-hertha-bsc.html
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 1:17pm
Gotze out for an indefinite period with a metabolic issue.

Sounds very serious, I suppose it explains why he kept breaking down.
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 9:33am
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

anyone any experience in getting tickets for Dortmund games, i.e. how likely it is for Dortmund tickets to go on general sale? heading over to Germany paddies weekend and am planning to take in the Dortmund v inglostadt game on paddies day and then cologne v hertha the next day.

got sorted in the general sale for the Dortmund tickets and have ended up with 2 spares! hopefully get them shifted over there but on the unlikely chance anyone needs 2 tickets, I'm your man Smile

Gladbach v Schalke in the europa league on the 16th March now too, staying in dusseldorf on that night. might go for the 3 games in 3 days if I can source tickets for this one too. was impressed by the gladbach supporters at celtic park, heard they create a good atmosphere at home too.

Edited by fr larry duff - 03 Mar 2017 at 9:34am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 4:49pm
Kevin Großkreutz has been released by Stuttgart after supposedly getting in a fight with u17 players he brought out on the lash which included bringing them to the red light district
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 5:23pm

'Kin hell what a way to get sacked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 12:58pm
Alright lads,  
Im going to Dortmund vs Benfica Wednesday and just wondering can anyone recommend the best spots for a few drinks , Staying in Cologne tomorrow and Dortmund Wednesday for one night.

All help is appreciated Thumbs Up

Edited by ccfcmurphy - 06 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Alright lads,  
Im going to Dortmund vs Benfica Wednesday and just wondering can anyone recommend the best spots for a few drinks , Staying in Cologne tomorrow and Dortmund Wednesday for one night.

In terms of Dortmund, I'd get up there early and then walk out from town to the ground. You'll find a couple of small bars on the way that will have fans in them and most are happy to have a chat !
In terms of Cologne, depends what you are after. There are a couple of Irish Bars in the Altstadt that will have the Champions League games on (Corkonian, Barney Valley's). If you are looking for some local stuff then the Fruh Brauhaus near the cathedral is worth a visit. Close to Neumarkt you'll find a bar called "Thiebold'e Eck". It's a nice little "Lokal" bar that lots of FC Koeln fans drink in. Something a bit different !
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Alright lads,  

In terms of Dortmund, I'd get up there early and then walk out from town to the ground. You'll find a couple of small bars on the way that will have fans in them and most are happy to have a chat !
In terms of Cologne, depends what you are after. There are a couple of Irish Bars in the Altstadt that will have the Champions League games on (Corkonian, Barney Valley's). If you are looking for some local stuff then the Fruh Brauhaus near the cathedral is worth a visit. Close to Neumarkt you'll find a bar called "Thiebold'e Eck". It's a nice little "Lokal" bar that lots of FC Koeln fans drink in. Something a bit different !

Cheers Borussia , Corkconian for the champions league sounds good alright , and we'll be in Dortmund for around 12 the next day so I good early start is in order Thumbs Up 

Any idea what happens the stading section on champions league nights ? is there temporary seats or is it just empty
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Alright lads,  

Cheers Borussia , Corkconian for the champions league sounds good alright , and we'll be in Dortmund for around 12 the next day so I good early start is in order Thumbs Up 

Any idea what happens the stading section on champions league nights ? is there temporary seats or is it just empty

Think it was Hohestrasse we walked out from town on the last time - Just bar hopped with the locals on the way !
The Sudtribune has flip down seats : They are folded up for normal BL games, and down as seats for the CL games so the place will be full.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:31pm
From what I've seen on tv though, most in the Sudtribune just stand anyway on CL nights.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
Always One though

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder685/69193685.jpg

Edited by lassassinblanc - 06 Mar 2017 at 3:34pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm
Cheers lads unfortunately im a north stander on Wednesday but at least ill be able to get a few pictures of this famous Wall in the south stand , Cant wait
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:19pm

Cheers lads unfortunately im a north stander on Wednesday but at least ill be able to get a few pictures of this famous Wall in the south stand , Cant wait
I have saved you the effort.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Unfortunately im a selfie man , Have to get my fat head next to famous things Embarrassed
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:28pm
Queue pm rant about selfie culture
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Unfortunately im a selfie man , Have to get my fat head next to famous things Embarrassed

To the gulag with you.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 6:11pm

CC
Wouldn't be a huge fan of Köln bier .. Kölsch
Fine for a few but not for a long night.
It is served in small glasses (really horrid in .5l glasses).
They will refresh your glass unless you put your hand over it
The "biermuseum" bar had a good selection of beers
Only spent any time in one Irish bar, Jamesons and it was fine.

Edited by BohsinMunich - 06 Mar 2017 at 6:13pm
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 6:17pm
Good tips Borussia, will be taking advantage of them next week. got sorted with tickets for gladbach v schalke too, 3 games in 3 days. have tickets for the north terrace for the Dortmund game, do people just stand anywhere or do you have to go to your 'seat'? don't want to encounter any seat Nazi's, enough of them following Ireland sometimes   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic