You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bundesliga 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They failed to persuade Heynkes to stay on so? That was their number 1 aim was it?

I don’t think they could ask any more of Heynckes than covering for the rest of this season. A new younger coach was required and Niko Kovac was the favorite to get it.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm
Who is Kovac at at the moment, Leverkusen or somewhere? Surprised they haven't gone for a massive name. Ancelottis time there probably made them rethink that way of going about things
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:51pm

Who is Kovac at at the moment, Leverkusen or somewhere? Surprised they haven't gone for a massive name. Ancelottis time there probably made them rethink that way of going about things

Kovac has done a very good job at Eintracht Frankfurt where his brother Robert is his assistant, both being ex-FC Bayern players, good choice.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Apr 2018 at 9:52pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:03pm
I know him from playing alright. Wouldnt be familiar with him at  all managerial wise besides seeing him on the touchline in a random game or 2. Surprise appointment over in Germany? Is he playing an attractive style of football at Frankfurt?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:11pm

I know him from playing alright. Wouldnt be familiar with him at  all managerial wise besides seeing him on the touchline in a random game or 2. Surprise appointment over in Germany? Is he playing an attractive style of football at Frankfurt?

Most football fans in Germany would have known he was the favorite and therefore no surprise. Eintracht Frankfurt have been turned around by Kovac from relegation play-offs when he took over in March 2016 to top six most of this season, good football to watch too. DFB Pokal semi-final at Schalke 04 coming up too.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Apr 2018 at 10:57pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Most football fans in Germany would have known he was the favorite and therefore no surprise. Eintracht Frankfurt have been turned around by Kovac from relegation play-offs when he took  over in May 2016 to top six most of this season, good football to watch too. DFB Pokal semi-final at Schalke 04 coming up too.
 Thumbs Up be interesting to see how he goes, and wheter he looks to bring in a new batch for a couple of the older lads in the team.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Most football fans in Germany would have known he was the favorite and therefore no surprise. Eintracht Frankfurt have been turned around by Kovac from relegation play-offs when he took  over in May 2016 to top six most of this season, good football to watch too. DFB Pokal semi-final at Schalke 04 coming up too.
 Thumbs Up be interesting to see how he goes, and wheter he looks to bring in a new batch for a couple of the older lads in the team.

Agree, it will be interesting. The appointment of Salihamidzic as sporting director at FC Bayern is key, a former teammate of the Kovac brothers at FCB. Rummenigge and Hoeness will be very comfortable with all 3 and vice-versa.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Apr 2018 at 11:00pm
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:42pm
I thought Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim had been favourite for most of the year.
Interesting picking Kovac as IMO that is a big gamble - relatively inexperienced for such a top club.

He would have been better staying another year or 2 with Eintracht outside the spotlight

Still if he breaks their 7 titles in a row run, most of Germany will be delighted Ouch
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

I thought Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim had been favourite for most of the year.
Interesting picking Kovac as IMO that is a big gamble - relatively inexperienced for such a top club.

He would have been better staying another year or 2 with Eintracht outside the spotlight

Still if he breaks their 7 titles in a row run, most of Germany will be delighted Ouch

Am wondering whether Dortmund might now take the plunge on Nagelsmann in the summer.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:11pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 4:28pm
Schalke beat Dortmund 2 0.
Bad looking injury at the end for the lad from Chelsea. Batsuayi
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:31am
Pokal finale will be Eintracht vs Bayern.
I wonder what Kovac's team talk will be ????

You gotta love Bundesliga II ..  4 games to go in the season and 16th place (relegation playoff to the 3rd league) is more than wide open

4             SSV Jahn Regensburg       30     44     13     5     12     48:44     +4
    5             DSC Arminia Bielefeld        30     43     11     10     9     48:44     +4
    6             VfL Bochum 1848              30     43     12     7     11     32:34     -2
    7             FC Ingolstadt 04               30     42     11     9     10     43:34     +9
    8             SV Sandhausen                 30     41     11     8     11     34:28     +6
    9             1. FC Union Berlin              30     40     10     10     10     48:41     +7
    10             FC Erzgebirge Aue           30     39     10     9     11     33:43     -10
    11             Eintracht Braunschweig   30     38     8     14     8     35:33     +2
    12             MSV Duisburg                   30     38     10     8     12     41:52     -11
    13             1. FC Heidenheim 1846    30     37     10     7     13     46:53     -7
    14             SpVgg Greuther Fürth      30     37     10     7     13     33:41     -8
    15             SG Dynamo Dresden        30     37     10     7     13     40:49     -9
    16             FC St. Pauli                      30     37     9     10     11     30:43     -13

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
F**king hell.

I imagine on the last day, there'll be some number of headaches trying to figure out what is happening as goals go in around the league.

Oh no wait. Fritz will be like "why would there be any complications? I have the spreadsheet on mine phone. I can see what is happening when the goals are being scored. It is very simple".
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:19pm
SD84
The kickoffs for the last 2 rounds are all at the same time.
Fritz won't have any complications cos he will use the calculator provided by kicker
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/spieltag/2-bundesliga/2017-18/34/tabellenrechner.html

So     06.05. 15:30    
Braunschweig Ingolstadt
Union Bochum
St. Pauli Bielefeld
Fürth Duisburg
Sandhausen Nürnberg
Düsseldorf Kiel
K'lautern Heidenheim
Aue Dresden
Regensburg Darmstadt

So     13.05. 15:30    
Ingolstadt K'lautern
Darmstadt Aue
Dresden Union
Heidenheim Fürth
Bochum Regensburg
Nürnberg Düsseldorf
Bielefeld Sandhausen
Duisburg St. Pauli
Kiel Braunschweig

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:08am
Jonas Hector has signed a new contract with Koln despite relegation and been linked to Dortmund and a few other European teams.

Says he feels at home and doesn't want to leave fair play to him but you'd imagine that may be his National Team career over after the World Cup.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Jonas Hector has signed a new contract with Koln despite relegation and been linked to Dortmund and a few other European teams.

Says he feels at home and doesn't want to leave fair play to him but you'd imagine that may be his National Team career over after the World Cup.

Think Timo Horn is also about to sign a new deal at Koln. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:41pm
Hamburg relegated ClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Hamburg relegated ClapClapClapClap
ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic