You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 307>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roro3134124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:46pm
if he is not in squad for the next games forget about him!try capping players that want to be dere!I kind of agree with kilbane!he has taken 3 caps off somebody that would die for the jersey!park it and move on 
Sponsored Links

willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 9:15am
To be fair to O'Neill I wouldn't criticise his handling of the Grealish affair or this affair so far but if the Grealish affair taught us anything; it's that there is very little to be gained by allowing a player to hedge his bets. Rice asked for time and he's been given sufficient time. I think O'Neill should actually name him in the squad and try and force his hand. There is nothing to be gained by allowing this to drag out and we have to be send out a message now to prevent this from recurring over and over again. There is more at stake here than securing one player. If he refuses the call up - f*** him
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

To be fair to O'Neill I wouldn't criticise his handling of the Grealish affair or this affair so far but if the Grealish affair taught us anything; it's that there is very little to be gained by allowing a player to hedge his bets. Rice asked for time and he's been given sufficient time. I think O'Neill should actually name him in the squad and try and force his hand. There is nothing to be gained by allowing this to drag out and we have to be send out a message now to prevent this from recurring over and over again. There is more at stake here than securing one player. If he refuses the call up - f*** him

A surefire way to make sure he will never play. If he is on the fence and gets called out in public, has to withdraw in public, starts getting asked questions, then he will be pissed off and tell us to do one.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

i don't want Rice back! Once there's any doubt that's it! Good luck

I'd extend it to the next Internationals, if he refuses any call ups that's that cut him loose .......this is a different to courting any other dual player, he has 3 full caps for fuks sake

tho Ireland severing any ties could make his decision all the more easier, and could be his way of thinking

Edited by gazurtoids - 18 Sep 2018 at 12:04pm
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

A surefire way to make sure he will never play. If he is on the fence and gets called out in public, has to withdraw in public, starts getting asked questions, then he will be pissed off and tell us to do one.

What's the alternative approach? Sit back and do nothing and make it clear for all dual qualified players in the future that you can play for us at under age and non competitively at senior level without making any long term commitment and should your country of birth ever express an interest you can rest assured you will be afforded an extremely long period of time to hedge your bets?

Your missing the point that this apparently proud Irishman has already asked not be considered for one game and has seen us take a 4-1 hammering in that game and doesn't want to help us get a result in our next game. He has zero interest in helping us get promoted to Group A / avoid relegation from Group B / advance to Nations League play offs. Better the manager takes control of the situation than we let another fiasco occur.

Again, I don't blame O'Neill for his approach with Grealish or indeed Rice so far but it's time now we drew a line under this. Nationality can be complex but he's had enough time to consider what nationality he has most allegiance to.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm
O'Neill is set to speak to him soon. Let's see how that pans out.

You can't force him to play. If he wants to choose England so be it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:11pm
If he doesn't want to play this years friendlies and nations league matches then fair enough. But come the first qualifier for the euros next year if he says no to a call up he can get f**ked. If he chooses ireland thereafter tell him thank you and we will see you for the next world cup campaign but cheers for choosing us. 
5678 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

O'Neill is set to speak to him soon. Let's see how that pans out.

You can't force him to play. If he wants to choose England so be it.

Is he??
Mon tends not to speak to these guys but there dadsLOL
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:41pm
England could force the issue and name him in their squad for October's games. Southgate assistant was at goodison on Sunday and could not fail to be impressed with rices mature performance. Do England pick him in fear that if he picks us, he'll be one that got away. Has Noble been in Rices ear questioning his irishness ? Has the erratic behaviour of the manic Mayfield maniac put him off us ? My sense is that he'll be wearing the 3 lions before long.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
5678 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

England could force the issue and name him in their squad for October's games. Southgate assistant was at goodison on Sunday and could not fail to be impressed with rices mature performance. Do England pick him in fear that if he picks us, he'll be one that got away. Has Noble been in Rices ear questioning his irishness ? Has the erratic behaviour of the manic Mayfield maniac put him off us ? My sense is that he'll be wearing the 3 lions before long.

Unless he has already started the paper work switch some time ago he can't be named in an English squad.

Edited by 5678 - 18 Sep 2018 at 1:58pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If he doesn't want to play this years friendlies and nations league matches then fair enough. But come the first qualifier for the euros next year if he says no to a call up he can get f**ked. If he chooses ireland thereafter tell him thank you and we will see you for the next world cup campaign but cheers for choosing us. 

I wouldn't disagree with this.

I know the nations league games are competitive but turning down a qualifier proper call up is certainly more of a red line.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:25pm
I think that's being far too fair to the lad. Piss or get off the pot next month.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

exackly if he doesn't want to be in next months squad we as self respecting supporters should say goodbye.. I will bear with him 
till then

While we can't say goodbye yet, I am of the opinion that he is already gone. Simply following the model of providing a respectful amount of time before declaring for England.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 6:41pm
The Eire don't normally do sloppy seconds but we will cross each bridge as we come to it

Image result for gareth keenan

Edited by Trap junior - 18 Sep 2018 at 6:43pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I know the nations league games are competitive but turning down a qualifier proper call up is certainly more of a red line.

O'Neill was slated on here for not understanding the impact of ranking points. We are going to start slipping down the rankings and Rice is partly responsible for this by making himself unavailable. Teams like ourselves that can fluctuate from a ranking position of 20 up to 40 in a relatively short space of time can't afford to treat any international game as meaningless.

We all know the difference that being a second, third or fourth seed can have on qualification for a tournament. How could we possibly allow a player to decline two competitive international call ups (I know he didn't technically decline a call up but the effect is the same) and welcome him back into the squad??

uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

O'Neill was slated on here for not understanding the impact of ranking points. We are going to start slipping down the rankings and Rice is partly responsible for this by making himself unavailable. Teams like ourselves that can fluctuate from a ranking position of 20 up to 40 in a relatively short space of time can't afford to treat any international game as meaningless.

We all know the difference that being a second, third or fourth seed can have on qualification for a tournament. How could we possibly allow a player to decline two competitive international call ups (I know he didn't technically decline a call up but the effect is the same) and welcome him back into the squad??

It won't go beyond the upcoming Nations League fixtures. Either Rice is available for those games or he has defected.
5678 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 6:28pm
Rice has just liked a Jack grealish tweetShocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 307>
  Share Topic