Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54282
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Declan Rice
Posted By: Coleman esque
Subject: Declan Rice
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:14am
Declan Rice is on the bench for West Ham's pre-season friendly in America tonight. Only 17 years old too.

No Josh Cullen, he was seen during the first few days of pre-season in America but hasn't been seen since. Linked with a loan back to Bradford.

Replies:
Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:20am
Got on for the last 27 minutes. 

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:47am
I heard he played nice and krispie

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 9:27am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I heard he played nice and krispie

Oh snap! A crackling player, got a huge pop from the crowd when he came on

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:03am
He could have scored. Milky first touch but he spooned it over the bar.

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:12am

He won the 'Dylan Tombides Award' last season at West Ham. Awarded to the most impressive performer in the West Ham academy apparently. Good stuff.

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:44am
Hopefully he curries on playing and builds on this appearance.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:43pm
Has Josh Cullen been found? Hope he is ok.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:45pm
Please don't turn this into another sh1te pun based thread. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 2:04pm
On the bench for West Ham today against Swansea

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Posted By: DalyerRegular
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm
Signs new 3 and a half year contract with West HamClap

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:15am
What number is he?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 4:26pm
In the squad for West Ham's game vs Sunderland tomorrow.

Really talented player who's won plenty of awards for Ireland and WHU

-------------

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm
Good stuff.  I'd love to see some of these lads - also Josh Cullen, Harry Charsley and Liam Kelly - picked, even in a developmental capacity, in the squad for the friendlies against Mexico and Uruguay (I know Kelly was in the last squad).  

If we insist on skewering our rankings doing the friendlies, we might as well try to use them to expand the squad and identify a few prospects. 

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:02pm
On the bench!

-------------

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:55pm
Rice won the Young Hammer of the Year Award tonight

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:20am
http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/exclusive-declan-rice-says-stay-13007172" rel="nofollow - http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/exclusive-declan-rice-says-stay-13007172

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:28pm
this fella fairly came in under the radar a bit. Not too many Irish 17 and 18 year olds making the bench for a premier league game! Sounds like he is highly regarded at West Ham too.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:30pm
http://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/declan-rice-0" rel="nofollow - http://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/declan-rice-0

2014/15

Another U16 to break through into the U18s...The Irish midfielder is highly rated among the coaching staff at the Academy...He made two U18 appearances before committing his future to the club by signing a two-year scholarship

2015/16

Scored first goal of the season for U18s against Norwich on 22 August....Followed that strike up with goals against Chelsea on 19 September and Swansea on 24 October...In a superb season with the Academy of Football, signed his first pro contract in December...Made 17 appearances in total for the U18s and eight for the Dev Squad...Played in the Dev Squad's final second leg against Hull City and lifted the trophy later that evening...Completed a fantastic campaign by winning the Dylan Tombides Award in recognition of his performances for the Academy at the end of the season.

2016/17

Named captain of U23s at 17 years of age Shocked and put in a number of man of the match performances during the first third of the season. Captained the U18s in their 3rd round defeat to Stoke City. 

Continued to prove a vital part of the U23 side, earning regular praise from boss Terry Westley. Scored his first goal of the season in the 2-2 draw with Leicester City in February, audaciously flicking the ball over the keeper from a corner. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:38pm
This is from a couple of days ago:

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/west-ham-u23s-player-ratings-13005954" rel="nofollow - http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/west-ham-u23s-player-ratings-13005954

West Ham U23s player ratings vs Wolves: Declan Rice and Hector-Ingram superb as Hammers nick unbelievable win

How the the young Hammers fare in their big play-off semi final?

Raphael Spiegel

Tried to take a leaf out of Adrian's book midway through the first half by dribbling the ball out of his box and nearly losing it. Unlucky nto to keep out Deslandes first half header for Wolves. Stunning double save after half time kept the Hammers in it at the time. 7

Kyle Knoyle

Started the game very confidently but was soon being pushed further and further deeper by Wolves left winger Will Randall. Bombed forward after the break but didn't get much change out of goalscorer Deslandes. 6

Noha Sylvestre

Fantastic delivery from the left hand side all night long, just no-one got on the end of it. Rampaged forward and very sound defensively but positionally suspect at times. 

Declan Rice

Superb performance from the skipper, the best Hammers player on the park by a mile. Led the team by example, some timely interceptions and his positioning was spot on all night. Bright future ahead. 9

Olatunji Akinola

Looked nervy in the first half but improved dramatically after the break. Was relatively untroubled after half time. 6

George Dobson

Another player guilty of wanting too long on the ball and gave it away too often, especially early on. Stamped his authority on the game towards the end of the first half and throughout the second. Good shift. 6

Moses Makasi

A bit of a passenger before half time, improved slightly in the second but nowhere near his dominant best. 6

Martin Samuelsen

Poor first half, barely got involved and was extremely lazy with possession. Moved out to the wing in the second half from a more central position, didn't fare much better. Tried too many tricks when the simple stuff was needed. Showed brilliant composure to stroke home late winner from the spot. 6

Grady Diangana

Guilty of being very lackadaiscal with the ball and too lightweight with it. Unsurprisingly subbed after 72 minutes following an ineffective display. 5

Dan Kemp

The diminuitive winger barely got a kick all game and was hooked off on 72 minutes. 5

Nathan Holland

Flirted in and out of the game. Barely figured for the first 15 minutes, then was everywhere. Went quiet at the start of the second half

Subs

Joe Powell (for Dan Kemp, 72')

Superb cross for his fellow substitute to score the equaliser. Just the impact Terry Westley would have wanted when he replaced Kemp. 7

Jahmal Hector-Ingram (for Diangana, 72')

Stooped brilliantly for the winner then outpaced the defender to win the late penalty. Brilliant, brilliant impact. 8

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2017 at 1:36pm
Made the bench again today v Liverpool

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 14 May 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Made the bench again today v Liverpool

Nice one. 

-------------

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:11pm
He's probably our best young player we have coming through the ranks at any English academy. Good experience for him.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:00pm
The squad for Mexico and Uruguay is a missed opportunity not to call up Declan Rice and Josh Cullen in a developmental capacity, at the very least.  

Not necessarily game-time, but to get these guys a taste of the seniors. Shame.

Date Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

The squad for Mexico and Uruguay is a missed opportunity not to call up Declan Rice and Josh Cullen in a developmental capacity, at the very least.  

Not necessarily game-time, but to get these guys a taste of the seniors. Shame.
I think this was the sort of thing Grubar was on about in the celebrity death thread.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:13pm
Seems very encouraging alright. Let's hope the Tans don't try and turn his head

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:22pm
In the West Ham senior squad for the final game of the season, Bilic has confirmed Clap

Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:49pm
One of only six subs on the bench for west ham today.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:54pm
David Gold's tweet gives a bad reading for Rice and Cullen. Doesn't want youngsters near the squad next season.

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:53pm
Came on there in the 90th min

Posted By: WillieMaley
Date Posted: 21 May 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

David Gold's tweet gives a bad reading for Rice and Cullen. Doesn't want youngsters near the squad next season.

I don't see how it is. He's correct, that is were young players gain experience. Cullen has done that, it'll be interesting to see what comes of Rice.

-------------
"The best place to defend is in the opposition's penalty box."
Jock Stein

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:43pm
Grandparents are Irish, another one of these "Will he, wont he" sagas to unfold Id imagine

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Grandparents are Irish, another one of these "Will he, wont he" sagas to unfold Id imagine
Not at all, everybody knows that Rice comes from paddy fields....

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:51pm
He has just been called up

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:55pm
Another somewhat strange one, but fair play to him.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:26pm
Delighted to hear this. What a prospect.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:01pm
I wonder could you make the argument that the cases of O'Dowda, Rice, and Kelly represent a kind of "policy learning" on MON's part after the Grealish situation. A "put the issue to bed early" kind of approach.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:07pm
Clever move from MON. We need as many players to fully commit for us going forward and this lad has serious talent. No harm in it at all 

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:10pm
I literally have no idea who this chap is. I don't even know what club he plays for. Embarrassed

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:19pm
Glad to see the FAI have learned their lesson. MON doing the right thing here.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:57pm

Absolutely..would like to see Cullen brought in as well

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:06pm

You reckon?

I'm not so sure we should be going this route of capping any young lad for the sake of it because he has dual nationality.

I mean look Declan Rice is obviously a very good prospect but you're looking at Josh Cullen who played 40+ plus games for Bradford this season and has now seen a kid with 1 first team appearance under his belt and Kevin Long who was getting called up after 3 appearances for Burnley.

I'll go back to Seanie Maguire, forget about what he did or didn't do at Dundalk or Sligo, we are lacking big time in the striker department and we have a clinical young striker on our hands who we won't even be entertained for extended international squads.  

In a nutshell, it's not going to having an earth shattering impact by having Rice in the squad but going forward players should be capped (if he gets a run) on merit not just because another country could be sniffing around. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

You reckon?

I'm not so sure we should be going this route of capping any young lad for the sake of it because he has dual nationality.

I mean look Declan Rice is obviously a very good prospect but you're looking at Josh Cullen who played 40+ plus games for Bradford this season and has now seen a kid with 1 first team appearance under his belt and Sean Long who was playing as low as The National League this campaign getting called up after 3 appearances for Burnley.

I'll go back to Seanie Maguire, forget about what he did or didn't do at Dundalk or Sligo, we are lacking big time in the striker department and we have a clinical young striker on our hands who we won't even be entertained for extended international squads.  

In a nutshell, it's not going to having an earth shattering impact by having Rice in the squad but going forward players should be capped (if he gets a run) on merit not just because another country could be sniffing around. 
Kevin Long has been called up and not Sean Long. They aren't related, but that's more a Long story than a tall tale.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You reckon?

I mean look Declan Rice is obviously a very good prospect but you're looking at Josh Cullen who played 40+ plus games for Bradford this season and has now seen a kid with 1 first team appearance under his belt and Sean Long who was playing as low as The National League this campaign getting called up after 3 appearances for Burnley.

Kevin Long has been called up and not Sean Long. They aren't related, but that's more a Long story than a tall tale.

Sorry typo error but my point still stands LOL I looked at his stats, regardless 3 appearances for Burnleys means f**k all imo. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:24pm

You reckon?

Sorry typo error but my point still stands LOL
Hardly a typo, Kevin has never played in the fifth tier of English football and Sean will never play for Ireland!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:27pm
I mixed up both when googling stats Thumbs Up

So yes it was typo error, typing in Sean instead of Kevin.

Anyhow I getting back to Declan Rice, fair play to the kid getting a call up but O'Neill should start looking at calling up players on merit imo. 

-------------

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:36pm
Its too random. Does he deserve a call up. Hardly. Seanie maguire has been banging them in this season yet hes deemed not good enough even to take a look at. Yes this guy who has hardly played a senior game gets called up. Im not saying seanie is good enough buts hes good enough to be looked at.

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:01pm

Anyhow I getting back to Declan Rice, fair play to the kid getting a call up but O'Neill should start looking at calling up players on merit imo. 
LOLClap

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:05pm

LOLClap

Ah f**k off had a hard day at the office I don't need this AngryLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:08pm

LOLClap

Ah f**k off had a hard day at the office I don't need this AngryLOL
Sorry, I genuinely took it as a joke and found it funny!

-------------

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:00pm
It may be an attempt to tie him down or just about getting a few young lads around the squad.

But it could also be MON rolling the dice with a left field selection. He has done it many times over the years. He plucked McLean from Derry and threw him straight into PL

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

It may be an attempt to tie him down or just about getting a few young lads around the squad.

But it could also be MON rolling the dice with a left field selection. He has done it many times over the years. He plucked McLean from Derry and threw him straight into PL

Bruce signed him mate. 

O'Neill gave him his Sunderland debut though. 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:21pm

*McCLean

I agree though, and it is hardly massive who is the 37th or 38th member of the squad anyway but we are all screaming for an inclusion of someone from left-field and when he does we complain because it isn't who we want.
I have always believed that the Irish manager should not be reliant on second opinions from club managers, our playing pool is too small for that, and this might be a case of MON seeing something in a young fella that is worth fast tracking into the squad, or solely as potential we need to make feel welcome before his head is turned. I am quite happy with either reason.

More importantly, does anybody know where the lad actually plays? Is he a full back?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:30pm

You reckon?

Well I am sure. We don't have to look too hard to find an example of why that tactic is clever.

Not that I think he's been called in for that specifically.

Everyone up in arms over our striker situation, you'd swear we were strong defensively! We're not!!

Good idea to bring in new players, see if they can strengthen us at all. 

Rice is gonna go from strength to strength.

I enjoy your contributions GD I have to say, but sometimes I find that you're guilty of' short-termism', you don't look at the bigger picture.

Btw you mentioned Cullen, he's recently spoken of his pride at being made captain of our U21s; I wouldn't worry about him either.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

You reckon?

Well I am sure. We don't have to look too hard to find an example of why that tactic is clever.

Not that I think he's been called in for that specifically.

Everyone up in arms over our striker situation, you'd swear we were strong defensively! We're not!!

Good idea to bring in new players, see if they can strengthen us at all. 

Rice is gonna go from strength to strength.

I enjoy your contributions GD I have to say, but sometimes I find that you're guilty of' short-termism', you don't look at the bigger picture.

Btw you mentioned Cullen, he's recently spoken of his pride at being made captain of our U21s; I wouldn't worry about him either.

In regard to capping young players with dual nationality I have strong feelings about it, you only know too well about my thoughts on Grealish when he was doing well for Notts County.

Granted it's an extended panel, but it feels as if we're just throwing lads like Rice in so his head won't be turned by England? 

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:43pm
Rooney, Sheridan and Sean Maguire are arguably the only 3 strikers that I can think of under 30 (McGoldrick is 30 in a few months) and none of these look to be in the thoughts of O'Neill.

After this campaign, we will probably lose Walters, Murphy, and Doyle and Long will be nearly 32!

We have approx 8 centre halves to choose from, the priority is absolutely a striker.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Rooney, Sheridan and Sean Maguire are arguably the only 3 strikers that I can think of under 30 (McGoldrick is 30 in a few months) and none of these look to be in the thoughts of O'Neill.

After this campaign, we will probably lose Walters, Murphy, and Doyle and Long will be nearly 32!

We have approx 8 centre halves to choose from, the priority is absolutely a striker.

To makes this worse, Sheridan will be a few months short of 30 when we start our next campaign. Rooney will already be 30 when we start next campaign.

The long term striker situation is very dire indeed.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 6:55pm
Interview with him linked below:

https://youtu.be/feR2iR6U31g" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/feR2iR6U31g

Posted By: pepper67
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:08pm
just seen his interview...isn't it refreshing to hear him being so proud and happy to be part of the  Ireland set up?...

-------------
i can resist anything except temptation

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

just seen his interview...isn't it refreshing to hear him being so proud and happy to be part of the  Ireland set up?...

Can barely contain his smile for the duration, seems very happy to have recieved a call up!

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:37pm
Ah ya seems a decent lad. Hope he turns out to be a good one.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:58pm
can we convert him into a striker?

Bring back the DOC

Date Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:53pm

Bruce signed him mate. 

O'Neill gave him his Sunderland debut though. 

Fair enough but was it not MON that threw him into PL pretty quickly?

-------------

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:48am
geezer sounds like Mark Noble

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 1:58am

You reckon?

In Rice's case he seems proud to represent us on behalf of his Corkonian grandparents and comes across as a decent chap. Getting him in the squad now is fine by me. I think it is better to make sure we keep our top prospects than to lose them. Wales are capping lads at 16 just to ward of England.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:05am
If we were naming 23 man squads and there were a load of "carrot caps" consistently being thrown in ahead of more deserving players, then I think you could justifiably complain about it. However seeing as MON operates via a 637 man provisional squad, there's really no downside to using a few of the spots to help sway young, talented players. The cost is very low in comparison to the potential long-term benefit.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:24pm
Perhaps in a similar vein to Rice's call-up, Wales have continued their practice of calling up young, multi-eligible players to their senior squad. Gethin Jones of Everton called up amid reported interest from Australia, and 16 year old Exeter defender Ethan Ampadu (eligible for ourselves and England) also makes the cut. Coleman has consistently done this during his time as Wales manager, and you get the sense it's because he has a vested interest in the national team that extends beyond his short-term position as manager.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Perhaps in a similar vein to Rice's call-up, Wales have continued their practice of calling up young, multi-eligible players to their senior squad. Gethin Jones of Everton called up amid reported interest from Australia, and 16 year old Exeter defender Ethan Ampadu (eligible for ourselves and England) also makes the cut. Coleman has consistently done this during his time as Wales manager, and you get the sense it's because he has a vested interest in the national team that extends beyond his short-term position as manager.
In Wales case I think its more that a 16 year old Exeter City players is genuinely one of their best centre back options. They've also picked Welsh born lower division players like Lockyer and Walsh whereas we already have around 8 centre backs playing regularly at premiership or championship level.

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:45am
Ampadu plays as a holding midfielder normally.

His Dad played for Belvo and for Ireland at U21.  I can't help but feel we've missed a trick with him. 

Delighted to see Rice called up.  That's a good move by MON with a view to the long-term.

Would like to see the West Ham lad Josh Cullen given a spot as well in what is a very provisional squad after the season he's had on-loan at Bradford.

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:25pm

Would like to see the West Ham lad Josh Cullen given a spot as well in what is a very provisional squad after the season he's had on-loan at Bradford.

As would I, but the reason I'm guessing that he is not called up is because we cannot lose him. He cannot switch back to England as he already played U16 for them before then switching to us.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:36pm

As would I, but the reason I'm guessing that he is not called up is because we cannot lose him. He cannot switch back to England as he already played U16 for them before then switching to us.

Rule doesn't apply to youth levels, does it? I could be wrong.

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:42pm

I'm not sure either tbh..

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:51pm

I'm not sure either tbh..
FIFA don't recognise under 16.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Yep, Cullen can still switch back (unlikely though).

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:13pm
He's been Bradford's stand-out player in their promotion season.  Hope the failure to call him into our essentially B squad isn't seen as a missed opportunity in years to come.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:15am
Declan has been left out of the squad for Mexico & isn't flying to the USA. 

This could be one of 4 things. 

1- MON has had a look at him, brought him into the squad for a bit of experience, maybe thinks he isn't ready yet and feels it mightn't be in the players best interest to go to the USA not to play any part in the game. He will likely have sent him away and promised him if he gets playing footall regularly, he will be back, ie encouraging the youngfella. 

2- He is injured. Probably not, we would have heard about it.

3- He is starting centre midfield & Captain V Austria, and is being left behind to ,ake sure he isn't injured for the vital game. 

4- And really, this must be it- He has had a big falling out with MON/Roy/FAI, and is now declaring for Engalnd.  This involved a careful, strategic campaign of head turning and putting bad ideas in the young lad's head about Ireland, involving Bilic, Sullivan, Gold, Karen Brady, Andy Carroll, Tony Cottee, Alan Devonshire, Frank McAvennie, Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard Snr, Southgate, Stephen Ireland, Roberto Martinez, Scott Hogan's agent & Jack Grealish's oul fella. They're all in on it lads, tis a fcuking conspiracy.

Can we move the thread to ROW section please, this lad is clearly gone.

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Declan has been left out of the squad for Mexico & isn't flying to the USA. 

This could be one of 4 things. 

1- MON has had a look at him, brought him into the squad for a bit of experience, maybe thinks he isn't ready yet and feels it mightn't be in the players best interest to go to the USA not to play any part in the game. He will likely have sent him away and promised him if he gets playing footall regularly, he will be back, ie encouraging the youngfella. 

2- He is injured. Probably not, we would have heard about it.

3- He is starting centre midfield & Captain V Austria, and is being left behind to ,ake sure he isn't injured for the vital game. 

4- And really, this must be it- He has had a big falling out with MON/Roy/FAI, and is now declaring for Engalnd.  This involved a careful, strategic campaign of head turning and putting bad ideas in the young lad's head about Ireland, involving Bilic, Sullivan, Gold, Karen Brady, Andy Carroll, Tony Cottee, Alan Devonshire, Frank McAvennie, Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard Snr, Southgate, Stephen Ireland, Roberto Martinez, Scott Hogan's agent & Jack Grealish's oul fella. They're all in on it lads, tis a fcuking conspiracy.

Can we move the thread to ROW section please, this lad is clearly gone.

Its none of those four things. He was invited over for the three day training camp only. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:33pm
this has to be made clear.i was under the impression he was off to the states.

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

this has to be made clear.i was under the impression he was off to the states.

I think Martin is gonna give you a call later on today

Date Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:04pm
i thought he would of rang earlier

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
on the bench for west ham today..amazed this guy is not talk about more on here..he certainly is at west ham

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Most people on here won't know anything about him
About who ?

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:53pm
What games have you seen him in JW? and what did you think were his strength\weaknesses?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Only know he is very highly regarded.... haven't ever seen him play.
So you would be one of the most on here that know's nothing about him ?

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:16pm
He's coming on

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
He's tidy !

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
Looks decent so far

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm
got to get  him capped  before England starts calling

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
Defo looks the part. Nice on the ball.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
He can play alright.

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:01pm
We should get some sort of petition or list going that we can pass onto MON so as England , Wales, Scotland, the Pub team, Germany, Brazil or Argentina cant rob him on us

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:08pm
I'd imagine he will be in the next squad. Looks decent on the ball.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:24pm
Went on a bit of a run through the middle and didn't seem fazed at all in possession.

He's mainly a central defender? Seemed to be playing in a holding midfield position.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:34pm
Himself and Boyle would make a decent partnership, at least until Jason Eggfried makes the breakthrough.

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:36pm
If he's not captain in the next Ireland team I'll be furious.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm

Himself and Boyle would make a decent partnership, at least until Jason Eggfried makes the breakthrough.

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 12:21pm
Must start in Georgia

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
Surely worthy of a place in one of O'Neill's 80-man panels, though, even if only based on potential.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Surely worthy of a place in one of O'Neill's 80-man panels, though, even if only based on potential.
What if he ended up being creamed?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:34pm
Give the young lad a chance. With all this talk, I'm sure his head is fried......

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net