You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 307>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:49pm
i think he should of been named in the squad by o neil..this boy is highly thought of...dont want his head turned by England
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

i think he should of been named in the squad by o neil..this boy is highly thought of...dont want his head turned by England

As it's been said a million times on here, if a player doesn't want to play for Ireland he will do what Grealish did and choose England.

There has been zero indication that Rice has had his turned by England and remains fully committed to Ireland, good grief the bed wetting on here Confused
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 10:04pm
as i have said before the game has changed and players attitude and priorities  also...like everything in life money rules..if he is going to be  the player we hope he will be ...then the longer we dont cap him the greater risk we have of losing him to England...what do you think his agent will be saying?..that  said i believe he will stick with us as he seems a decent lad
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

as i have said before the game has changed and players attitude and priorities  also...like everything in life money rules..if he is going to be  the player we hope he will be ...then the longer we dont cap him the greater risk we have of losing him to England...what do you think his agent will be saying?..that  said i believe he will stick with us as he seems a decent lad

Are there 10 other lads available to play alongside him in the Georgia match without a full 90 minutes professional football behind them so we can tie down?

What absolute rubbish
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 12:17am
I agree with Pepper.  On today's showing, Rice clearly has the ability to be in the senior squad.  He was solid in defensive mid, athletic, intelligent positioning, simple but accurate with passing, good in the air.  Criticism is may lack acceleration - looked a little bit the centre-defender slotting in at centre-mid. 

Nobody thought Grealish would turn with caps at every age group for us, background in GAA, played in Croker, three grandparents from Ireland etc. But he did, understandably enough, when his profile briefly spiked significantly.  Rice is, after all, born in England, so will of course and fully understandably have some allegiance there.  

I would like to see both him and Josh Cullen in the senior squad; at the very least in a developmental capacity.  They do not need to be in the match-day squad on the day, and if not, drop down to the U21s. 

He deserves to be there on apparent ability, on the fact we (badly) need to bring young blood in, and because we want to keep these guys involved so we don't lose them.  As regards the last point, every other country does it.  That includes notably England, Germany, Wales, US, and France, all of whom barring Wales and arguably US have far greater playing resources than us to begin with.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 1:51pm
Great to see him get a start. Only seen the highlights however he was name checked by Danny Murphy on MOTD as having a very good game.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:15am
he looks tasty.....
It's not me it's you:-)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:36pm
Delighted to see him getting a start. I used to work with his uncle Ben.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm
An 18 year old starting at centre mid for a premier league team with a decent budget is a big deal. Hope ta feck he is committed. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:10pm
Well at least we know who is going to win the 2017 Under 21 player of the year
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:11pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:27pm
looked decent on the wknd, bossing all the other lads around! English media will heap the pressure on if he keeps starting games to get into the English setup
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:34pm
Where was he born?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where was he born?
In a paddy field
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Where was he born?
In a paddy field
They had pilaus though, his naan brought them.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Aug 2017 at 3:49pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 5:12pm

Where was he born?
London
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Where was he born?
London
yes but which hospital specifically??
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:57pm
After Saturday's showing, you can be sure that Southgate will now have got in touch with Rice (if he hadn't already).  

There simply aren't that many English-born players putting in performances like that at age 18 in the Premier League.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 307>
  Share Topic