Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 307>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

IV been a supporter of o Neil however the climate we have with so much money in football and the greed in the game made it essential o neil took no chances and made sure .moldov M was the perfect game .he didn't..now it looks like we have lost a very big talent .that's one of the reasons he gets what he's paid..not hindsight on my part..I said it at the time..and got called paranoid ect
The U21's had qualifiers at the same time against Norway and Israel. 
Also, the Moldova game was October 2017, you joined the forum in March 
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:52pm
Have every sympathy for Declan Rice with those two chumps Sullivan and Gold in his ear at West Ham filling his head with notions.
They only want him to play for England because they know all too well it adds on an extra ten million to any future transfer fee.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:52pm
LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

IV been a supporter of o Neil however the climate we have with so much money in football and the greed in the game made it essential o neil took no chances and made sure .moldov M was the perfect game .he didn't..now it looks like we have lost a very big talent .that's one of the reasons he gets what he's paid..not hindsight on my part..I said it at the time..and got called paranoid ect
The U21's had qualifiers at the same time against Norway and Israel. 
Also, the Moldova game was October 2017, you joined the forum in March 

LOL

Caught rapid 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Question:  Why would you earn more money as an England player than an Ireland player?

How does this get you a bigger wage?

Quote In Access All Areas, a 2015 book by The Secret Footballer, the author speaks to a contact in Nike about a player deliberating over choosing to represent England or Ireland at international level. “If he plays once for England he’ll make a million quid from us as a minimum; if he plays a hundred times for Ireland, we’re not interested, I’m afraid,” the contact says.

The author, who is the agent of the player in question, adds.

He shouldn’t play for Ireland. He is too good. I explain this to the kid and the dad, and tell them that my plan is to use Ireland to flush out England, for whom the boy really wants to play. I think that’s fair to Ireland. To England. And to the kid. Let him make his choice when he sees what choices there are.
“I explain that my friend, an old coach of mine, heads up talent for England, and it will only take one phone call. I haven’t made that call yet because the kid really needs to have played more games for his team rather than the 10 or so he has under his belt. However, our hand has now been forced, so I’ll make the call. In the meantime, I’ll tell Ireland, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’ ‘But,’ says the dad, ‘Ireland are on the table today.’”

Ken Early alludes to this also mentioning Harry Maguire

That is Callum o’dowda
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Question:  Why would you earn more money as an England player than an Ireland player?

Quote In Access All Areas, a 2015 book by The Secret Footballer, the author speaks to a contact in Nike about a player deliberating over choosing to represent England or Ireland at international level. “If he plays once for England he’ll make a million quid from us as a minimum; if he plays a hundred times for Ireland, we’re not interested, I’m afraid,” the contact says.

He shouldn’t play for Ireland. He is too good. I explain this to the kid and the dad, and tell them that my plan is to use Ireland to flush out England, for whom the boy really wants to play. I think that’s fair to Ireland. To England. And to the kid. Let him make his choice when he sees what choices there are.
“I explain that my friend, an old coach of mine, heads up talent for England, and it will only take one phone call. I haven’t made that call yet because the kid really needs to have played more games for his team rather than the 10 or so he has under his belt. However, our hand has now been forced, so I’ll make the call. In the meantime, I’ll tell Ireland, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’ ‘But,’ says the dad, ‘Ireland are on the table today.’”

That is Callum o’dowda

Don't think O'Dowda ever needed to worry about playing for the England seniors.

Josh Cullen is another who probably won't be pressured by an agent, he's decent but not quite a potential England call-up.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

That is Callum o’dowda

Don't think O'Dowda ever needed to worry about playing for the England seniors.

Josh Cullen is another who probably won't be pressured by an agent, he's decent but not quite a potential England call-up.
not now, but when he was 16 he looked like he might have a chance. 

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Rice could have been capped, he then could have done a Stephen Ireland and make his excuses and not play again.

O'Neill can't be blamed for this.

The FAI rolled out the red carpet for the Rice family.

If you want a scape goat just look no further than the West Ham chairman and possibly his agent too.

Also, Rice came up through the underage ranks. It's not as if an eligible British born player suddenly became available and we capped him and then he lost interest. 

There was no reason to believe Rice wasn't fully committed to Ireland. Yesterday's news was a bolt from the blue.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him named in the England squad on Thursday. Southgate must have made some promises. Cahill retired today. 

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:39pm

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him named in the England squad on Thursday. Southgate must have made some promises. Cahill retired today. 

His clearance won't be through. Won't get called up ruik that happens.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

His clearance won't be through. Won't get called up ruik that happens.
what clearance ? He is English. 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:43pm
'While everyone was having a party in the front room, the FA were sneaking in the back door and getting in Rice's ear'

Given Declan Rice’s eligibility for England, why wasn’t he ‘nailed down’ by Martin O’Neill last year?

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:49pm
I was always dreading this would happen. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. 
I'm not really angry rather disappointed. At the end of the day, you win some you lose some. I do think he is very highly likely to be gone now and I'd rather he just came out with it sooner rather than later,0 rather than prolonging the topic. 

I think if he came out in the near future and said actually no I'm not going to go through with the transfer and I am sticking with ireland then I would welcome him back with open arms. That's why I think kilbane and mccleans comments were not very helpful. But people are entitled to their opinions. In mccleans case, I would have preferred if he shared his feelings privately . 

It's very unfortunate as he looked like he would be a certain started for us for years to come. At the same time, we have had way more talented players in the past. We need to start producing more of them here so we are not getting burned by players who enjoy playing for us but where their head and heart is maybe with the country of their birth

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Aug 2018 at 6:58pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:50pm
Starts tonight in midfield in league cup.

Cullen on the bench.

Edited by Maccatacca - 28 Aug 2018 at 6:52pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

'While everyone was having a party in the front room, the FA were sneaking in the back door and getting in Rice's ear'

Given Declan Rice’s eligibility for England, why wasn’t he ‘nailed down’ by Martin O’Neill last year?

Unfair on MON. Three senior caps this year should have been more than enough to secure a 19 year old player. Nobody would expect such a player to do a runner.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

He’s made his decision has he? Didn’t know that. 

u didnt know he made a decision not to accept a call up to the latest squad? Would you like me to fill you in. 

I didn’t know he had chosen to switch from playing for Ireland to playing for England. 
Maybe McClean knows. He’d know more about switching national sides Wink

Jaysus Baggio,Whats the gripe with McClean?
Got a relative in the RAF or something???

Don't be ridiculous.
I think he's too stupid and rash on social media and would be better else off it as he obviously can't help himself.
I don't understand what him wading into the story is going to achieve. Its not about him. There are about 40 Ireland senior players named in every squad and he's the only one that's come out on social media to comment on this. Why is this? Is he trying to come across as an uber Irishman? Oohh look at me posting a tricolour and kissing the badge, that'll get all the fans to worship me even more.

He's also one of the last players in our squad that should be commenting about players switching allegiances in international football.

Spot on. 

McClean is an airhead and should not be commentating on it publicly especially when he's part of the squad. 

It's common fookin sense.

As for blaming O'Neill. Ffs LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Aug 2018 at 7:24pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:31pm

[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]
Quote In Access All Areas, a 2015 book by The Secret Footballer, the author speaks to a contact in Nike about a player deliberating over choosing to represent England or Ireland at international level. “If he plays once for England he’ll make a million quid from us as a minimum; if he plays a hundred times for Ireland, we’re not interested, I’m afraid,” the contact says.</span>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]
</span>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]The author, who is the agent of the player in question, adds.</span>[/COLOR]
</span>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]He shouldn’t play for Ireland. He is too good. I explain this to the kid and the dad, and tell them that my plan is to use Ireland to flush out England, for whom the boy really wants to play. I think that’s fair to Ireland. To England. And to the kid. Let him make his choice when he sees what choices there are.</span>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]“I explain that my friend, an old coach of mine, heads up talent for England, and it will only take one phone call. I haven’t made that call yet because the kid really needs to have played more games for his team rather than the 10 or so he has under his belt. However, our hand has now been forced, so I’ll make the call. In the meantime, I’ll tell Ireland, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’ ‘But,’ says the dad, ‘Ireland are on the table today.’”
</span>[/COLOR]
</span>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333" face="Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12.35px;]Ken Early alludes to this also mentioning Harry Maguire</span>[/COLOR]

That is Callum o’dowda

How do you know it was COD?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:38pm
'The Mooose' on talksport said he spoke to Rice today, asked if he wanted to play for England he said he hasn't been asked, until he's been asked only then will he have a decision to make.......at the moment he's 'keeping his options open'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 307>
  Share Topic