You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 307>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Me: "Oh no"

It's a bit of a bolt from the blue. People would have assumed after seeing him in the senior team and under 21s only a few months ago that the chances of him jumping ship were remote.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:14pm
Is he still negotiating a new contract at West Ham?

A clever agent might think he'd get a few 000's on his new contract as a hot England prospect...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I seen 38 new posts beside the thread title and feared the worst. Cry

Absolutely sick over it. Our chances of not finishing bottom weren't great before this news but unless the squad batons down the hatches and is somehow galvanised, I think our chances are truly sunk. 

Even if Rice declares afterwards, it's a hammer blow for our Nations League prospects and we're more likely going to rely solely on the the qualifiers next year. Nice to have an option of qualification (however unlikely) through the nations league. He could've been a useful shield to counteract Wales and Denmark's main threats through the middle.  

Nice one.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

A clever agent might think he'd get a few 000's on his new contract as a hot England prospect...
I don't get this. Does this ever happen? 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I seen 38 new posts beside the thread title and feared the worst. Cry

Absolutely sick over it. Our chances of not finishing bottom weren't great before this news but unless the squad batons down the hatches and is somehow galvanised, I think our chances are truly sunk. 

Even if Rice declares afterwards, it's a hammer blow for our Nations League prospects and we're more likely going to rely solely on the the qualifiers next year. Nice to have an option of qualification (however unlikely) through the nations league. He could've been a useful shield to counteract Wales and Denmark's main threats through the middle.  

Nice one.........

LOLEmbarrassed

That unintentional pun has made me feel even worse. Dead
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:02pm
RTE Radio reporting that Rice changed agents during the summer.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I would imagine so. Seeing the price England players go for these days.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Harry Maguire is 'worth' 75 million pounds. If he ever moves for this prize his wages will reflect the price tag and he'll get a sizeable signing on fee.

If Maguire played for Ireland he'd be worth no more than 20 mill.

Declan Rices price tag and wages will / would go up as a result of being an English international, or even and England under-21 player.

Edited by Maccatacca - 27 Aug 2018 at 5:09pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:04pm
MON seemed to do things alright off the field in this situation (for once!) but he has us playing the most horrendous football ever. No one wants to watch it and I'm sure no one really wants to play it especially a stylish player like Rice. Then you have how amateur things seem to be in the squad too.It's impossible to rule those out as factors in this.Having the worst squad in living memory also doesn't help to sway players of great times being ahead..

I'd say England doing so well in Russia played a part as he's bound to have been caught up in the whole It's coming home hysteria with his friends, as possibly has the influences at West Ham and probably from his agent too.

Those posters who are saying how incredibly predictable this was. It really wasn't, which is why there are 150 new posts about it in the last couple of hours.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 27 Aug 2018 at 5:04pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:07pm
Grealish is a w**ker song might have company 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:09pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
This is disastrous. We simply would never have lost guys like Kelly and Rice in the past, but now we can't count on either of them. Hard to see him returning from this, I would say he's gone.
We're decent enough..
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
https://twitter.com/jayoconnor8/status/1034109035149176833?s=21

Apparently Meyler has been on to Rice this afternoon. I think he will represent Ireland and I’ll fully back him if he does. Just unfortunate how this has worked out now. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:16pm
Further tweet from the football scout : 

Probably a fair bit of truth in that.....eejits at WH telling him he can play in the next World Cup final and be a multi millionaire etc
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:18pm
The Grealish situation was sickening but this is even worse. Declan Rice seems such a genuine lad and I'm still in shock even after hearing some whispers over the last while. I'm hoping this still might not happen as he will be forever known as the worst fraud ever... singing the anthem and kissing the badge etc etc and in all the interviews over the last couple of years he came across as much more honest that most. I read almost every post on here everyday , always looking for something positive and I'm hoping today doesn't turn to be the most negative of days ... 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Absolute joke. This is the same lad who was kissing the badge after the u21 qualifier in Tallaght in March. Will be very hard to warm to him if he does choose us.

Ridiculous comment
It also happens to be the truth
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
I'm hoping against hope that he's not gone but I agree with you it just doesn't look good .. maybe his dad can sway him... Jesus Gareth Southgate is becoming some disaster for the future of irish soccer 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
Here a daft one.... but will King still call him up to the u21 squad? They still in with a shout of qualification and they are away to Kosovo next so no home fire to face. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 307>
  Share Topic