Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 306>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:19pm
Very impressed with him so far tonight  (albeit against Stoke)

Don't want to be bigging him up too much  but he looks a classy player. Very composed. Seems to have been influenced by John Terry which is no harm (hopefully for his on-pitch activities ) 

The sooner we cap him in a competitive game I'll feel better. Wales away in September hopefully Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:56pm
Agree Muff, I will feel a lot better myself the sooner he's capped competitively. England and Southgate missed a real trick here, there are so few centre backs around as composed as he is on the ball. Was excellent again tonight.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Very impressed with him so far tonight  (albeit against Stoke)

Don't want to be bigging him up too much  but he looks a classy player. Very composed. Seems to have been influenced by John Terry which is no harm (hopefully for his on-pitch activities ) 

The sooner we cap him in a competitive game I'll feel better. Wales away in September hopefully Clap

Spot on we don't want to let him slip away.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:31pm
He played well alright. Few positional errors that might have been punished, but also made some great interceptions, and was faultless on the ball as usual.
We're decent enough..
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He played well alright. Few positional errors that might have been punished, but also made some great interceptions, and was faultless on the ball as usual.

Ya, a bit raw defensively, once or twice caught out of position. That's to be expected at his age though. It's his calmness on the ball that's great to watch. He had a couple of lovely intercepts then quick passes forward as soon as he won the ball tonight, really great vision. Could be some player yet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:25pm
I've been watching the Arsenal vs West Ham game in bits and bobs and Rice seemed to be playing okay, but he made a bad mistake and gave away the second Arsenal goal and then West Ham just seemed to capitulate. 

In the time it took to write this post Arsenal scored another 2.

Here are the goals from the game (if anyone is interested):

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:30pm
Made a good defensive header from the initial cross, but bad judgement for the 2nd cross. I know he's young but he needs to eradicate those types of mistakes from his game quickly. Played ok apart from that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:47pm
I think tbh with him he misheard Hart 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:49pm
Moyes laid into him after the match; that's two occasions he's done that now. He really is an incompetent boll*x when it comes to bringing through young players.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:56pm

Moyes laid into him after the match; that's two occasions he's done that now. He really is an incompetent boll*x when it comes to bringing through young players.

I actually don’t think Moyes has said much wrong. He set out the stall of what the CB should do, and qualified that by saying all young players make mistakes and hopefully he’ll learn from it.

Moyes has shown huge faith in Rice this term, and won’t be dropping him for that.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
He'll learn from that kind of thing. Not sure whether Rice misheard Hart or if Lacazette was sneaky and shouted something (probably unlikely)
The next time he's in that situation you can be sure he'll clear it into the stands

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 23 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:53am
Jaysus...with Moyes as his manager and Hart behind, he is doing well to be getting the reviews he does!!

Imagine a decent Keeper behind him, or in a better team. Could see him joining Arsenal / Upper mid table team depending on who their new manager is. He is a ball playing Centre Back which a great commodity.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I actually don’t think Moyes has said much wrong. He set out the stall of what the CB should do, and qualified that by saying all young players make mistakes and hopefully he’ll learn from it.

Moyes has shown huge faith in Rice this term, and won’t be dropping him for that.

Totall agree, Moyes hardly laid into him from the comments I heard on MOTD.  It was a terrible mistake and he knows it and I don't think Rice would have an issue with Moyes' comments even if they were harsh.  It's a harsh profession and the lad has shown so far he is made of the right stuff to learn from it.  That said, I'd leave nothing to Hart, he's a terrible keeper and has been for years.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:27pm
Dunphy making a big deal of Rice on twitter, trying to make out he was having it out with Moyes on twitter and needs to get off it. Confused
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:31pm
Dunphy telling other people to keep quiet LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
Anyone who reads or listens to Dunphy needs a slap.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Anyone who reads or listens to Dunphy needs a slap.
Totally agree
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
Named as West Hams young player of the year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 306>
  Share Topic