You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 307>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
Shame he didn't come on second half of Moldova at home in October (and he was getting some serious game time in the premier league).
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Shame he didn't come on second half of Moldova at home in October (and he was getting some serious game time in the premier league).

He made 5 appearances in the PL between August and late October.

Against Huddersfield he played 1 minute and 14 minutes away to Palace, 2 starts in total.

So he wasn't getting serious game time. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:56pm
As bad as Moldova are, that was a serious must-win game after the Serbia loss so I wouldn't blame O'Neill on that at all. Sure look at the bad mistake that Duffy had away to Moldova that could have cost us 3 points.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
arthur40 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
iv said before..we should of tied this lad down..have we not learned our lesson after Jack Grealish?
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:53pm
Yeah, exactly.  He'd played in about half of West Ham's PL games, and had played in a good few at the end of the previous season.  That's more PL exposure than the majority of our squad.  Moldova were beaten at half-time (have they ever scored two goals away from home?).  

Would have been good to have had him on for the last 15 min.  Shame.

Very similar to the failure to cap Grealish when we were 8-0 up against Gibraltar, at a time when it was already clear to anyone watching that he would be a player.  
arthur40 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:33pm
..its a different game with different values..it may not be ideal to be thinking of capping  players early..but the alternative could be costly 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 5:52am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's done that quite a bit this season. It's nice to have a promising young player getting game time in the EPL, but I think people are under-estimating just how far away he is from the finished product..
Be very interesting to see how he deals with Ashley Barnes on Saturday . Nuke
Goal machineCool
Morning Bronzey , do you really need me to point something out to you Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 7:29am

Yeah, exactly.  He'd played in about half of West Ham's PL games, and had played in a good few at the end of the previous season.  That's more PL exposure than the majority of our squad.  Moldova were beaten at half-time (have they ever scored two goals away from home?).  

Very similar to the failure to cap Grealish when we were 8-0 up against Gibraltar, at a time when it was already clear to anyone watching that he would be a player.  

So you'd be happy to rush Grealish into a decision that time showed he clearly didn't want to to make. He decided he didn't want to play for Ireland. Why should we have any regrets about that. His decision, let him live with the consequences of it. Prefer that to something like S. Ireland situation where we have a player who clearly doesn't want to play for us.
Regarding Rice, Moldova was a key game and he had f**k all experience under his belt at that stage. He has stated he wants to play for us and will get a cap at the next available opportunity.
I don't know why we worry about missing out on players. If you want to play for Ireland, youll play for Ireland
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

So you'd be happy to rush Grealish into a decision that time showed he clearly didn't want to to make. He decided he didn't want to play for Ireland. Why should we have any regrets about that. His decision, let him live with the consequences of it. Prefer that to something like S. Ireland situation where we have a player who clearly doesn't want to play for us.
Regarding Rice, Moldova was a key game and he had f**k all experience under his belt at that stage. He has stated he wants to play for us and will get a cap at the next available opportunity.
I don't know why we worry about missing out on players. If you want to play for Ireland, youll play for Ireland
Not true, I still want to play for Ireland but it isn't going to happen.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's done that quite a bit this season. It's nice to have a promising young player getting game time in the EPL, but I think people are under-estimating just how far away he is from the finished product..
Be very interesting to see how he deals with Ashley Barnes on Saturday . Nuke
Goal machineCool
Morning Bronzey , do you really need me to point something out to you Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
The lad is on fireClap
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by arthur40 arthur40 wrote:

iv said before..we should of tied this lad down..have we not learned our lesson after Jack Grealish?

I hate this. Like some woman getting pregnant on purpose to snare the guy.

If he chooses to play, great. If he doesn't, then we've avoided a player whose heart wasn't in it.
arthur40 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:16pm
..get real..he might want to play for us..however the financial gain ect might just sway him..banjaxed yr living in a football world thats past
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:37pm
Declan had an impressive game this evening.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Steve Shrewd View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:47pm
Thought he was excellent. Going to be a very important player for us
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:32pm
Will he return to the u21 squad for the qualifying game on Tuesday?
alive and kicking
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:32pm
Yes afaik along with O'Hara
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
From his twitter account

Wasn't the result we wanted tonight.. but on a personal level delighted to have picked up man of the match on my debut💚☘️. Very proud moment for me & my family. Big love to my dad who came all the way out to come and watch, love you❤👏 #ybig

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:03am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

From his twitter account

Wasn't the result we wanted tonight.. but on a personal level delighted to have picked up man of the match on my debut💚☘️. Very proud moment for me & my family. Big love to my dad who came all the way out to come and watch, love you❤👏 #ybig

Love this guy
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 307>
  Share Topic