Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 307>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Declan is a w**ker he wears the w**kers hat

He had three caps for Ireland, he didn’t fancy that

Instead he plays for England, but said up the RA

f**k you Declan, we didn’t need you anyway

Last line ruins it
Need something to rhyme with ra 
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:13pm
That is hilarious LOL Rice coming out in the past couple of days, pandering to the English in a PR job 'oh I played for the junior team of Eire', trying to write his 3 senior caps out of history. After that bolloxology, it's delightful to see such tweets appear LOL make no bones about it, that will not sit well with a good few English supporters.

Also, just the fact that someone spent however long trawling through Rice's social media to find something like this LOL LOL LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

LOL
Would have loved to have seen how that would have panned out if that had emerged before declared for them ... 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 21 Mar 2019 at 6:31pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

That is hilarious LOL Rice coming out in the past couple of days, pandering to the English in a PR job 'oh I played for the junior team of Eire', trying to write his 3 senior caps out of history. After that bolloxology, it's delightful to see such tweets appear LOL make no bones about it, that will not sit well with a good few English supporters.

Also, just the fact that someone spent however long trawling through Rice's social media to find something like this LOL LOL LOL
The advantage of not playing for England is being ignored by their media. 
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:32pm
in a group on Facebook.

Two lads boasting they did this. 

Sent the tweet to English fan forums and English papers. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:33pm
When Deccers' England performances drop the likes of the S*n won't be able to resist from having an IRA-sympathizer styled jibe at him. 

RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Michael Keane has come out with big comments about his time with the Ireland underage setup today saying he never felt Irish and he admitted using Ireland as a stepping stone for England.

It might be the truth but why come out with those comments? It all stinks of a big PR twist by The FA's PR team

And we're considering entertaining his brother who's no doubt in the same mindset.....difference being his career went the opposite way
Really? I have come across plenty lads in England who have brothers who see themselves as different nationalities, loads of them Irish. That is a ridiculously sweeping statement.

yeah but his brother I crap, if he was any good he wouldn't be declaring for us....we have better irish born players,,, this starting to piss me off... if the players who aren't committed 'english' aren't much better than irish born then they aint worth following....
His ability isn't relevant to the debate, nor is where he is born. When two players have similar abilities nobody should be checking their birth certificates. He wants to play for us, if he is deemed good enough he will be picked.

This is exactly the problem, ‘nobody should be checking their birth certificates’ IT IS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLConfused
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Michael Keane has come out with big comments about his time with the Ireland underage setup today saying he never felt Irish and he admitted using Ireland as a stepping stone for England.

It might be the truth but why come out with those comments? It all stinks of a big PR twist by The FA's PR team

And we're considering entertaining his brother who's no doubt in the same mindset.....difference being his career went the opposite way
Really? I have come across plenty lads in England who have brothers who see themselves as different nationalities, loads of them Irish. That is a ridiculously sweeping statement.

yeah but his brother I crap, if he was any good he wouldn't be declaring for us....we have better irish born players,,, this starting to piss me off... if the players who aren't committed 'english' aren't much better than irish born then they aint worth following....
His ability isn't relevant to the debate, nor is where he is born. When two players have similar abilities nobody should be checking their birth certificates. He wants to play for us, if he is deemed good enough he will be picked.

This is exactly the problem, ‘nobody should be checking their birth certificates’ IT IS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLConfused
There really is no need to shout! Where you are born does not equate to nationality either.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:05pm

There really is no need to shout! Where you are born does not equate to nationality either.

So basically turn International football into club football? Do not get it twisted if Will Keane was good enough he would be playing against Czech Republic this weekend. 

The granny rule is flawed, Players should not be allowed change nationality after u16s, I think it is safe to say a 16 year old knows what country their allegiances are with & would prevent a future change for the better of their careers or their agents. 

Personally I would rather have a team of 11 Irishmen who play in non league than a team of Englishmen who have a Irish relation that qualified for every tournament, after all this is International football.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:43pm

So basically turn International football into club football? Do not get it twisted if Will Keane was good enough he would be playing against Czech Republic this weekend. 

The granny rule is flawed, Players should not be allowed change nationality after u16s, I think it is safe to say a 16 year old knows what country their allegiances are with & would prevent a future change for the better of their careers or their agents. 

Personally I would rather have a team of 11 Irishmen who play in non league than a team of Englishmen who have a Irish relation that qualified for every tournament, after all this is International football.
No, I am not basically saying anything of the sort. You are equating where you are born to nationality, do you not consider O'Leary, McGrath and Kilbane to be Irish? You are also  pushing your view of nationality as absolute: national identity is far more more fluid and complex for that and I don't think 
it is fair to be making a 16 year old to have to commit to anything.

The granny rule may be imperfect, but I think it is probably the best and fairest option available. Grandparents are, usually, the last generation a child has a connection to and help shape their identity, several players who have represented Ireland have spoken of their Irish grandparent who fostered their love and connection to the country.
 You will always have a team of 11 Irishmen on the field, it is just sometimes there will be some who hold other nationalities as well and, as I have said previously, trying to work out which national identity means more to them is in the realms of thought-crime. 

I find it particularly galling that Irish people have a problem with the diaspora representing us; our diaspora is incredibly large for such a small nation and is a huge part of Ireland's story. These Irish have also clung onto their national identity more than any other emigrant people, often  keeping it alive through generations far beyond FIFA's rules, yet you want to deny any of them that are good at football and eligible the opportunity to represent the land of their mother's and grandfather's because it doesn't fit in with your personal view of Irish nationality? 
I suppose you don't sing the national anthem either, with its references to those from a land beyond the wave? I suppose they should have stayed in their own countries, like De Valera did. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:58pm
I personally find the interview Rice did on FAI TV 2 years ago to be just as bad when he said that getting capped for us... “It’s a dream come true, my family are so proud I just wish my grandparents were here to see it.”

Now he acts like we never existed.

Edited by grannyrule - 21 Mar 2019 at 8:22pm
The only way is up
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
The question of National identity is all well and good ......but in regards footballers when you throw in ambition and for want of a better word greed, it's a whole other ball game .....the comparison to an 'ordinary' person with an Irish granny is quite far way removed

The fact of the matter is if Will Keane for example had carved out a career at Man Utd he would not now be coming cap in hand to little ol Ireland .....and we're going to see more of it, the like of Grealish/Rice and those coming the opposite way because they weren't quite as good as hoped
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:14pm

The question of National identity is all well and good ......but in regards footballers when you throw in ambition and for want of a better word greed, it's a whole other ball game .....the comparison to an 'ordinary' person with an Irish granny is quite far way removed

The fact of the matter is if Will Keane for example had carved out a career at Man Utd he would not now be coming cap in hand to little ol Ireland .....and we're going to see more of it, the like of Grealish/Rice and those coming the opposite way because they weren't quite as good as hoped
But he his an ordinary person with an Irish parent, he just happens to be good(no laughing) at football. You are correct that greed is a factor, but that isn't the player's fault. You can't blame the failings of modern football on Will Keane. He may not have played for us if he was starting for Manchester United, but he isn't. Keane, Grealish, Rice and all the others, past, present and future, are all Irish and were all eligible to be picked. Once eligibility has been established, ability should be the only criterion for being picked.

I would also question the use of the word 'ambition', especially  in this particular instance. I can't imagine a few caps for a poor Irish team is suddenly going to catapult him back into the radar of EPL managers. The simple reality is he wants to play for the land of his dad. Now,  may well be that he leaned more to his English identity, which  still smacks of thought-crime, but also,  as you have said yourself, the zeitgeist of greed means it is difficult to ascertain if these possible  leanings were motivated by English pride or financial gain. T
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
Keane.

Ireland.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm

Instead he plays for England, to betray his Da, 

f**k you Declan, we know you love the RA. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Amazing
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:39pm
Hi

Resercher from da Niall Boylan Show 4fm here

What's da feelin on Declan Rice's actual comments?

Up da RA

Do U agree or disgree with da comments?

Text 45272 CONTROVERSY please we may call back if we tink you cud make a contrition to da show

Edited by sid waddell - 21 Mar 2019 at 8:42pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:43pm

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Amazing
Grace ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 307>
  Share Topic