You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The two traitors scored today. Freakish with a cracker. 
Brilliant corner from Glenn Whelan too. Grealish looks like he is maturing and going to fulfil his potential. Apparently he destroyed Derby yesterday.

It is amazing how much better we would look with him and Rice in the side...Cry
Yeah we could actually have a serious side. Problem with grealish is he only plays well once in ever 3 or so games. 

Gets injured too often, it's his play style. Like Wilshere. He could probably play for Ireland, but think he's miles away from England. 
LOL

Gets injured too much - he's missed almost half of the past couple of seasons it seems like. He'd get call-ups, but his injury record would preclude him from playing a lot. Also think he's been overrated here. Browne has far better stats this season. 
Are you telling me that Browne is a better player than Grealish?
He has played over 30 games the past 2 seasons your talking thrash

Edited by Fruice - 04 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm
Transfer to England is approved
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm

Transfer to England is approved

Paperwork clearly was signed and went through long before the announcement. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
I remember from my history class that the Normans who settled in Ireland over time became "more Irish than the Irish themselves". Rice just like his fellow Briton Tommy Robinson has followed a similar path.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I remember from my history class that the Normans who settled in Ireland over time became "more Irish than the Irish themselves". Rice just like his fellow Briton Tommy Robinson has followed a similar path.
LOL FFS!I suppose playing for those ****s makes you complicit in rampant racism!
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 5:10pm
The hype over Declan Rice since he suddenly decided he was English is beyond laughable. There is no doubt that Ireland will miss him badly in our midfield, but England fans will be expecting him to dominate international matches as soon as he makes his debut. Just this week I have heard him compared to Roy Keane and Sergio Busquets. Lanzini at West Ham thinks he is going to be better than Javier Mascherano.

Busquets was in the Barcelona 1st team when he was the same age as Rice is now, one of the best club sides of all time. At the end of his 1st season he was in their 2009 Champions League winning side.In his 2nd season he won the World Cup. Rice is a holding midfielder for mid table West Ham. Keane was playing in an FA Cup final for Notts Forest at the age of 20, and was in a different class to Rice at the same age. Mascherano was playing for a very good Argentina side at 19, and winning the Olympics at 20. He was one of the best holding midfielders of the last 20 years and so good he could play centre half for one of the best club sides of all time.

Rice has had one good season for West Ham. He may well turn into the next Bobby Moore, but it is equally likely that he could end up like Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell or Phil Jones, 3 English players that were hyped beyond all reasonable belief and are nowhere near the Engkand team at present.

Realistically, Rice is currently behind Henderson and Winks for the 1 holding midfield position that England tend to use, competing with the likes of Dier, Delph, Ward Prowse and possibly Longstaff for a place on the bemch. England also have many outstanding youth players from their under 20 and under 17 World cup winning teams coming through the ranks, so there is no guarantee that Rice will remain in the England squad long term.

This may be the reason why it took Rice 7 months to declare for England. If Rice was that confident in his own ability he would have declared for England last August, when he pulled out of the Wales game and was being hooked at half time at Anfield.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:18pm
That was quick....clearly made his decision a long time ago but dragged it out to make it look a bigger decision for him than was
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:23pm
Declan doesn't love the EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:51pm
Wins the Young Player of the Year award and the FAI are awarding it to him on Sunday to 'maintain the integrity of the voting process in conjunction with the Soccer Writers Association of Ireland. Declan will not be in Dublin for the awards'

Farcical. LOL
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:51pm
Congrats to Declan on winning the FAI young player of the year award.

Up there with luminaries & previous winners such as Jack Grealish and a then 24 year old (i.e. not young) Robbie Brady.

Edited by nvidic - 12 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
FFS. Shambles
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:59pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Wins the Young Player of the Year award and the FAI are awarding it to him on Sunday to 'maintain the integrity of the voting process in conjunction with the Soccer Writers Association of Ireland. Declan will not be in Dublin for the awards'

Farcical. LOL

But yet integrity is somehow maintained by awarding it to someone who is affiliated to a different nation. LOL
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:00pm
That's comical LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:00pm
Unfookingbelievable.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:03pm
What a shambles .....
What is to be gained by giving it to him.
Surely the RU gets it?

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:03pm
Don't know what the FAI is thinking. Bad decision. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:03pm
This is what makes me glad I'm Irish.

No other country in the World would do this.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 306>
  Share Topic