You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:19am
Time heals all wounds, pretty quick in this case .....reckon the ol man will be at Wemberly with the lines on his shirt for his first cap
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:40am
Fair play to his aul lad.  Obviously proud of his Irish identity.  The moment I read Declan's hero was John Terry it was Goodnight Vienna.

Edited by Trap junior - 17 Feb 2019 at 10:41am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:11am
May this lad forever be haunted by howlers, albeit his biggest one has already occurred.

Agus arís, back to the side of the site that contains proud Irishmen and mancunian candidates.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:16pm
Anyone get a copy of those stories? Agent must have moved quickly, they've been taken down from the sun and the mail.

Only quotes I can find are these from another site reporting the deleted story

"Disappointed dad Sean told pals: “I’m very Irish, my mum and dad were very Irish and Declan grew up in an Irish/English environment as a lot of people from London do.

“And so at the end of the day he had to make a choice and I have to support my son.

“I wouldn’t have thought for 100 years he’d run out in an England shirt but he’s got his reasons."

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Anyone get a copy of those stories? Agent must have moved quickly, they've been taken down from the sun and the mail.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 1.5em; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma, Arial;">"Disappointed dad Sean told pals: “I’m very Irish, my mum and dad were very Irish and Declan grew up in an Irish/English environment as a lot of people from London do.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 1.5em; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma, Arial;">“And so at the end of the day he had to make a choice and I have to support my son.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 1.5em; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma, Arial;">“I wouldn’t have thought for 100 years he’d run out in an England shirt but he’s got his reasons."

There ya go

http://www.sport.net/declan-rices-dad-is-disappointed-his-son-decided-to-play-for-england-over-ireland_865878
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 7:28pm
Follow up question:  Yes Declan Rice has declared for Ehgland, but is he giving up his Irish passport?

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 7:40pm
Talking about it the past half hour on Talksport.....Dean Saunders very staunch in his view he was wrong ....Ryan Mason also
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Follow up question:  Yes Declan Rice has declared for Ehgland, but is he giving up his Irish passport?

The f**k would he do that?!

He'll keep the Irish passport. Theoretically, if there are visa restrictions on non-EU footballers in the EU after Brexit, and he wants to move to Spain, Italy or somewhere else in the EU, he'll be playing there on account of his Irish, EU passport. That would definitely stick in the craw.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Who gives a monkeys what the runt does, it’s his oul lad I feel sorry for, Sunday lunch today must’ve been frosty
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:55pm

"Disappointed dad Sean told pals: “I’m very Irish, my mum and dad were very Irish and Declan grew up in an Irish/English environment as a lot of people from London do.

“And so at the end of the day he had to make a choice and I have to support my son.

“I wouldn’t have thought for 100 years he’d run out in an England shirt but he’s got his reasons."

The father only has himself to blame. He should have taken Declan to one of these Irish centre's where big church going GAA heads would have bate the Englishness out of him.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

The father only has himself to blame. He should have taken Declan to one of these Irish centre's where big church going GAA heads would have bate the Englishness out of him.

Say what you want about the GAA but players like Kilbane who are English born were brought up with a love for the GAA and they feel as Irish as can be. His Dad should have said he wouldn't have thought he'd play for England in 800 years. I'd rather my woman sleep with Prince Harry then my son play for Engurland. Life is cruel. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Say what you want about the GAA but players like Kilbane who are English born were brought up with a love for the GAA and they feel as Irish as can be.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/humble-martin-keown-returned-former-gaa-club-present-medals-starstruck-kids-77262

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/martin-keowns-special-reason-to-see-us-reach-finals-30655081.html

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/niall-keown-switches-allegiance-republic-12566623

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/may/pat-jennings-martin-keown-launch-mcdonald-s-grassroots-football-awards-2018

Wink

Edited by Territorial - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:31pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:34pm
Dan Crowley was a big gaa man in Coventry before switching to England 

Jack Grealish also played GAA

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:36pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:57am

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:30am
LOL

I read that he was going to choose The EIRE but he was put off by the constant puns.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:35am

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOL
I'll even let the apostrophe go...LOLLOLLOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Say what you want about the GAA but players like Kilbane who are English born were brought up with a love for the GAA and they feel as Irish as can be. His Dad should have said he wouldn't have thought he'd play for England in 800 years. I'd rather my woman sleep with Prince Harry then my son play for Engurland. Life is cruel. 
Fook off Harry is as oirish as they come red hair an all, besides id say you be alright regards your quare wan He has standards low though they might be but not that fockin low LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 306>
  Share Topic