You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 307>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

This thread is reaching new levels every day, RKeane now arguing that Bamford, a clearly intellegent lad, couldn't point Ireland out on a map, brilliant. 

It is obviously a figure of speech and not to be taking literally, Bamford is as Irish as David Cameron is, if fans have no problem with that each to their own, personally I feel if you fail to get a cap for your country you should not be able to represent another 

David Cameron wasn't eligible his family are from Scottish decent

Think you might be wrong there lads, Cameron is a Blah boi, so Bamford may well be as Irish as O'Cameron:-

The start of the second paragraph

Mr Cameron’s great-great-great-great-great grandmother Dorothea Jordan

he's 6 generations out there

Don't ruin it for us blahs, we have very to celebrate down here boi
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:29am

This thread is reaching new levels every day, RKeane now arguing that Bamford, a clearly intellegent lad, couldn't point Ireland out on a map, brilliant. 

It is obviously a figure of speech and not to be taking literally, Bamford is as Irish as David Cameron is, if fans have no problem with that each to their own, personally I feel if you fail to get a cap for your country you should not be able to represent another 

Think you might be wrong there lads, Cameron is a Blah boi, so Bamford may well be as Irish as O'Cameron:-

Celebrate the pig f**ker all you want
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:37am

Well, it's either him or Keith Barry, no choice really.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:40am
76 new posts! Have I missed anything?
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

David Cameron's a Bla
lfcsixty/eighty View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfcsixty/eighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:47am
As much as I hate to say it I have to agree with Zizu. It all smacks of PR spin now. The fact is we have nobody apart from Mick and his Dad pushing for us. He has the whole of West Ham, his agent, ex English players, the fans who knew nothing about him even after he played 3 games for us, and even people like Cascarino who are saying that he should switch.

Fact is it shouldn't have got to this. O Neill f*cked up when you only had see him play once to know he would be a star. He had the chance to make it a non issue and didn't take it and now we are dealing with the aftermath. 

It will sicken me to see him pull on an England jersey in the next few months but I'm also dreading the abuse he will receive from the hoards of 'fans' online when he does. No-one should have to endure that.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:48am

Yeah. Patrick Bamford’s English, got invited to Harvard University with B’s and he supports the Tory party.
So on that basis he shouldn’t be called up apparently 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

David Cameron's a Bla

LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:54am

umm
Related image
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by lfcsixty/eighty lfcsixty/eighty wrote:

As much as I hate to say it I have to agree with Zizu. It all smacks of PR spin now. The fact is we have nobody apart from Mick and his Dad pushing for us. He has the whole of West Ham, his agent, ex English players, the fans who knew nothing about him even after he played 3 games for us, and even people like Cascarino who are saying that he should switch.

Fact is it shouldn't have got to this. O Neill f*cked up when you only had see him play once to know he would be a star. He had the chance to make it a non issue and didn't take it and now we are dealing with the aftermath. 

It will sicken me to see him pull on an England jersey in the next few months but I'm also dreading the abuse he will receive from the hoards of 'fans' online when he does. No-one should have to endure that.

I don't agree at all that this is in any way MON's fault. He promoted him form the 21s when he was showing form. He gave him 3 senior caps FFS. Think about that again. HE was a SENIOR Ireland footballer at 18. He was fast tracked to the senior squad. That's the reality.

The absolute facts of the matter are that Declan was kissing the badge amd singing the anthem six months ago. I was at the 21s game in Tallaght last year where he was giving it large at the end. If you'd have asked me then that he was going to switch I'd have said no chance at all. This is the part i have trouble squaring in this saga. 

It's money and pragmatism that will have won the day if he switches. Nothing else. Not because of MON, or Keane, not  eventhe FAI (for once!). A t**ser of an owner at club level who has his own agenda and a new agent that has seen the dollar signs look like they have won the day. It sounds like, from the outside, that the fathers decency and acknowledgment of the work the FAI has done to get Declan to where he is, have delayed the announcement.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:24pm
Would be as much of a morale boost to the team and the new management as much as the obvious additional talent he'd bring if he declared.

I've changed my opinion on the likely outcome a few times now; based on nothing other than rumours and the occasional rationale input here.

Wish a decision was just made at this stage and a line drawn under it. 
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm

umm
Related image

Ah, he's from Ferrybank, pretend he's from Waterford
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:09pm
Anything new? Nah? See ya later LOL
lfcsixty/eighty View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfcsixty/eighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:40pm
[/QUOTE]

I don't agree at all that this is in any way MON's fault. He promoted him form the 21s when he was showing form. He gave him 3 senior caps FFS. Think about that again. HE was a SENIOR Ireland footballer at 18. He was fast tracked to the senior squad. That's the reality.

The absolute facts of the matter are that Declan was kissing the badge amd singing the anthem six months ago. I was at the 21s game in Tallaght last year where he was giving it large at the end. If you'd have asked me then that he was going to switch I'd have said no chance at all. This is the part i have trouble squaring in this saga. 

It's money and pragmatism that will have won the day if he switches. Nothing else. Not because of MON, or Keane, not  eventhe FAI (for once!). A t**ser of an owner at club level who has his own agenda and a new agent that has seen the dollar signs look like they have won the day. It sounds like, from the outside, that the fathers decency and acknowledgment of the work the FAI has done to get Declan to where he is, have delayed the announcement.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!! Is it all down to money and his agent etc but the fact is that this was obviously not your run of the mill 18 year old that we were talking about. When a guy is this talented they are there on merit and not 'fast tracked'. Players like Rooney or Robbie Keane etc are examples of 'if you are good enough you're old enough'. He didn't play him against Moldova in October 2017 but started and was our man of the match against Turkey in March 2018. Why didn't O'Neill have the same thinking just 5 months earlier?? I for one was watching that match thinking 'f*ck, we gotta tie this boy down asap'.

True, the badge kissing would have lead you to believe he was 'ours' but this was all AFTER O Neill didn't play him in the competitive match so that can't be used as an excuse either for O Neill to think he wouldn't switch.

Anyone saying 'Well, I didn't hear the fans moaning when he didn't play against Moldova' miss the point. It was his (well paid) job to know all the facts and he feel asleep at the wheel.

The proof that he knew he messed up was when he threw Obafemai on for the last 10 mins against Denmark. It was an admittance that you can't let these things fester in case 6 months down the line the English realise what the could have and the media get involved. Buck stops with O Neill for letting it become the circus it has.

Edited by lfcsixty/eighty - 16 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:04pm
On the other hand could you imagine kissing the 3 loins badge then decide to play for Ireland Sick
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
Someone please lock this thread until something is annonced
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Bit harsh calling Rice a nonce innit.

I know he's acted the twat but.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Alright Clinton Baptiste !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 307>
  Share Topic