You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 307>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:13am
Firmly believe we'd have held onto him if the set up wasn't such a clusterfcuk at the moment. 

If it's true. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:23am
totally agree he would have definitely stayed only for the absolute mess that o Neill has us in at the moment. What an absolute fool and disgrace to his job
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:28am
Dozen caps at most until the next flavour of the month comes along.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
Mark McCadden (the Stars other sports writer) has already deleted tweets with photos of the article... 

I’m not saying Rice won’t declare for England, but to suggest that someone would make such an important decision based on ‘an impressive statistical presentation’ is nonsense. 

Most footballers can’t even count, never mind make career defining choices based on a PowerPoint presentation. 

More fake news. I can’t wait until this whole saga is over. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
O'Neill will be gone in two years max. That can't be the reason he's going to leave. 

Nothing much in that article in any case.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Don't agree. He's looked exceptional at times for West Ham this season. He has a far higher ceiling limit as a player than the likes of Dier so I'd imagine he'll be a key component of their team for a number of years, injury and form permitting.

Good luck to the lad - personally always assumed he was gone the moment he withdrew from the squad initially anyway.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:34am
Another made up article that then gets circulated by all the other hacks not wanting to miss out on an exclusive. Whoever he plays for in the future, it won't be decided by a hungover hack with column inches to fill.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:37am
Does Martin watch any underage games? You would presume if he doesn't he at least talks to the managers on occasion. If he doesn't he should be fired instantly. He was calling Doherty a young lad at 26 on his full debut which probably answers the above. I know the U21s are poor but he still needs to know what is going on with them. Rice and Grealish were two of the better players coming through the ranks and we were naive in not capping them in a competitive game. If they declined the call up at that stage at least we would have known earlier that their heart is not in it and thrown them out of the setup.  

The system is rotten and needs to change it is cheapening international football. Rice is also a w**ker and has made us look like idiots and taken us for a serious ride. He has 3 caps sang the anthem and kissed the badge for the senior team not so long ago. Not even the brummy slimeball grealish did that

A blow but life goes on. I will absolutely stop short of wishing him good luck in his career. 

Personally i really hope McCarthy can find some form when fully fit. We need him more than ever now.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:39am
Again it's a nothing story. FFS. Invited over and was Southgate showed him a presentation. What a load of horsesh*t. How do legitimate papers then run with this crap. The Daily Star? Jesus lads, come on. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Another made up article that then gets circulated by all the other hacks not wanting to miss out on an exclusive. Whoever he plays for in the future, it won't be decided by a hungover hack with column inches to fill.

Finally, a bit of sense. 

This is an actual line from the piece 

"There, Rice was presented with a wide range of statistical data showing him how he could fit into the England set up"

LOL

All it would really take is this. You are a fantastic player and better than what we have. What f**king data do you need?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Southgate met him and presented him "with a wide range of statistical data showing him how he could fit into the England set-up."

Can just imagine MON trying to do something similar. "Well Declan, I'm thinking I'll have a right back who hasn't played centre midfield since he was 14 in front of you. But we won't be working on that in training. Oh, and don't tell him, we wouldn't want to make him nervous beforehand, there's a good lad."
LOL
Seriously, this is not even funny anymore.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Disagree completely. This lad is the real deal & if/when he chooses England he’s made the right choice. 
Terrible loss for us 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
Sadly after his performances this year i reckon you are right 9 fingers.

For a 19 year old he is really excellent. I cannot believe West Ham are playing silly buggers with his contract when they have old fellas like Zabaleta getting paid huge wages.

Sad that we are relying so heavily on non Irish born players again. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

O'Neill will be gone in two years max. That can't be the reason he's going to leave. 

Nothing much in that article in any case.

If he lasts another 2 years in the job then I think I will have to support England myself
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:03am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

"There, Rice was presented with a wide range of statistical data showing him how he could fit into the England set up"

Contrast that with what the FAI probably showed him...

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Firmly believe we'd have held onto him if the set up wasn't such a clusterfcuk at the moment. 

If it's true. 
This.  Not least because he'll have seen it for himself when he was playing for us. 

He must have already been travelling home from those camps thinking 'what the hell am I letting myself in for here?' - and that was before his agent and the dildo brothers at West Ham started turning his head.

Whatever about this talk about sh*t-stirring tabloids, I'll believe he's ours only if he actually declares for us - otherwise I've written him off.  I'm not even bothering to build any hopes up on him after the JG saga. Unhappy

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:06am
Did Southgate give him a powerpoint presentation about where he fits into England's "DNA"? What a load of absolute bollocks.

Southgate has won absolutely f**k all as a manager, and got seriously lucky with the way England's side of the draw opened up in the summer. Even then Big Nose couldn't make the necessary simple changes that would have got them past Croatia during the second half of the semi final. As bad as O'Neill is currently doing as Ireland manager in the last year or so, he has at least won trophies in both England and Scotland and has a very good track record as a manager. If Southgate was our manager we would not have got to Euro 2016 or 2nd place in our last group.

If Rice chooses England it's for money and nothing else after the dildo brothers and his new agent spent the summer telling him how much his new deal could be worth. England may challenge for trophies in the next 10 years due to their success at underage level if their players can break through at Chelsea or Man City or more likely have successful careers elsewhere. People need to remember that many of these young English players play for Chelsea, who decided to release Rice to West Ham. Rice will play for England as he is currently flavour of the month. Whether he will be in 3 months time is anyone's guess.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:12am
i can't see it being a case of 'wanting to play for his country of birth' as the reason for switching allegiance. it's definitely down to potential to earn more money in wages and image rights, higher likeliness to qualify for tournaments every two years, and even though they've won f**k all in 52 years, the possibility of winning/medal finish in those tournaments. if he had a strong desire to play for his country of birth, surely he would have made that decision at an earlier stage than playing at every underage and senior level with us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 307>
  Share Topic