Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 307>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

People were calling for Jack Byrne to be called into the Euro squad.

He's played about 3 senior games of football ffs.

Let him play for his club and let me develop, he will get his chance no doubt.

They are both young prospects, that's were the comparison's stop. Cullen at a Younger age has 3 consecutive appearances for a premiership side, Byrne hasn't played a level higher than the championship
Sweet Jesus.
Sponsored Links

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:17pm
If we want to win games we need to pick guy's on form and on form Rice is close to starting for Ireland, his age and lack of experience would mean he would just be edged by other's and in Tbilisi going with a debutant in the midfield is suicide but Rice at the very least is worthy of a place in the squad. You very rarely see even English players standing out as much as Rice has at this level at the age of 18 so we need to bloody hope on it and cap him, if MON isn't smart enough to do that soon we deserve to lose him. Rice looks and sounds like a really sound lad so I can't see him going back on his commitment but at that age there is always the risk he could be tempted.
Hi Lads
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:25pm
"You very rarely see even English players standing out as much as Rice has at this level".

Are we still talking about Declan Rice here ? The lad that's played 3 times for West Ham ??
Maybe it's some other lad called Rice who's been lighting up the premier league for the last season or so ??

I remember Josemi coming to Liverpool and being impressed by his first 2 or 3 games : By the end, I would have driven him to the airport myself.
A couple of games tells you absolutely nothing. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:33pm
You're missing the key word "Very Rarely", one player would still fit into the category.
Hi Lads
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:36pm

You're missing the key word "Very Rarely", one player would still fit into the category.

Just brilliant. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"You very rarely see even English players standing out as much as Rice has at this level".

Are we still talking about Declan Rice here ? The lad that's played 3 times for West Ham ??
Maybe it's some other lad called Rice who's been lighting up the premier league for the last season or so ??

I remember Josemi coming to Liverpool and being impressed by his first 2 or 3 games : By the end, I would have driven him to the airport myself.
A couple of games tells you absolutely nothing. 

Yep! LOL
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Just brilliant. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You couldn't write it
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:58pm

If we want to win games we need to pick guy's on form and on form Rice is close to starting for Ireland, his age and lack of experience would mean he would just be edged by other's and in Tbilisi going with a debutant in the midfield is suicide but Rice at the very least is worthy of a place in the squad. You very rarely see even English players standing out as much as Rice has at this level at the age of 18 so we need to bloody hope on it and cap him, if MON isn't smart enough to do that soon we deserve to lose him. Rice looks and sounds like a really sound lad so I can't see him going back on his commitment but at that age there is always the risk he could be tempted.

LOL LOL

I don't even know where to start with this
El Puto Amo
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOL LOL

I don't even know where to start with this

Then don't and be a **** to someone else.
Hi Lads
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:01pm
Ah now I get it, he's gone for an ironic user name has Cathal!

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:06pm
Don't forget Cathal the smart came out with these 2 gems.

"Wouldn't be the first time i'd be right with the call on the Irish NT. "

"Actually I've lost count of the number of times I've been right, just people on hate when it happens so it's just shoved under the rug, probably the same thing will happen after Tblisi."

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Ah now I get it, he's gone for an ironic user name has Cathal!

Don't forget Cathal the smart came out with these 2 gems.

"Wouldn't be the first time i'd be right with the call on the Irish NT. "

"Actually I've lost count of the number of times I've been right, just people on hate when it happens so it's just shoved under the rug, probably the same thing will happen after Tblisi." 

Lets all not forget how to spell properly either LOL
Hi Lads
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:20pm
Nathaniel Chalobah has been called up to the English squad after 2 premier league games! No way he is better than rice,
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Nathaniel Chalobah has been called up to the English squad after 2 premier league games! No way he is better than rice,

He has 100 more first team appearances than Rice.....
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:24pm

What are you basing that on? if Chalobah was Irish half this forum would be calling him the new Pogba.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

He has 100 more first team appearances than Rice.....

Not to mention nearly 100 odd caps for the various youth teams. There is no comparison at all.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Fair enough most people don't want Rice included in the Irish squad at the moment, rather wait until he has 5 years playing experience. I'm just of the opinion that you pick players on form and Declan is one of our top 3 preforming players in the premier league so far this season.
Would Portugal have won the Euros if they had waited for Renato Sanchez to play 100 games, they might have but he was their second best player in that tournament at 18 years of age with only 25 senior games.
Put Declan in the squad now.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:36pm
Back on topic .

The lad is an excellent prospect . From the games I've seen him play he definitely has a good understanding of the game (tempo in passing, switching etc.) which is good to see for someone his age. He's both footed as well which , should be a given for a pro but isn't in a lot of cases, so that's another plus. All that's fine but he needs games . As many as he can get and it looks like he will at West Ham. It's definitely the ideal place for him right now. Best of luck to the lad
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 307>
  Share Topic