You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 307>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

They're 19, they only thing they don't know of how much they don't know. Same as every other 19 year old.

Ever read any of the interviews in programs, or magazines? The answer to the question "what would you be doing of you weren't paying football?" is usually "I dunno, maybe a PE teacher"

When you all what do you want to do in a year, at best you'll get "I wanna play football". None of them will answer you about what they're going to do when they retire in 15 years, none of them will give you an answer about what happens if they get injured, or lose form, none of them will give you an answer about what they're doing with their money, other than buying cars and clothes.

Favourite movie : Shawshank Redemption 
Favourite food : steak and chips 

Shoot magazine at its finest 

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:08pm
Yes, I'd actually argue that given the precarious nature of a career in football, your average 19 year old footballer knows even less about themselves than a regular person. Couple this with the highly regimented lifestyle of daily training - when you are told where to be, what time to be there, and what to do - and you have a situation where thinking about yourself and your future is actively disincentivised.... All that matters is the next match.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:36pm
The opening line from John Giles' autobiography sums it up "I entered the game as a 17 year old boy, and I left it twenty years later as a 17 year old boy" 
(Might be 18, I don't have the quote to hand)
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:38pm
He's obviously counted himself out of this International break.....I reckon he'll need to decide either way by the next one which is little over a month away.....this is different to any other case, he has 3 full caps......a line needs to drawn under it if he does not make himself available in a month
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I would say the bait has been laid well before today's press conference. Would be surprised if big nose hadn't already spoken to Rice

I was right 

The big nose rat has spoken to him already 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 12:39am
That's hardly unexpected, it's part of his job to stock as much talent as he can.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 12:42am
it’s sneaky and ungentlemanly as I said on Monday, and I’d say the same if O’Neill went and stole a player off the north who’d played three senior friendlies for them 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 1:04am
I'd be more than happy if O'Neill were to get off his hole and recruit us (steal, like really?) some decent talent. I couldn't care less how many times they've played for another nation, as long as they aren't cap-tied they're fair game.
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 2:04am
i love the EIRE. So plucky yet ao talentless.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 7:50am

I was right 

Rat? Wtf? If it was the other way around people would be praising O'Neill for bringing talent on board. Southgate is just doing his job, and he's doing a great job with England. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:42am
He’s got a rat-like nose and teeth 
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:55am
Fcuk him. . his people probably took the soup as well. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:05am
Good luck Declan enjoy singing for your queen now
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:28am
Southgate says nearly every player in U16 & U17 international squads have dual nationality. While I think this is an exaggeration, there are certainly note and note players in this position and we will see more of these situations in the future.

My first taughts were f**k off Declan, but in hindsight it is obvious that he is under massive pressure from his employer. He may also feel he needs WHU more than they need him and be fearful of upsetting them.

I also see if from WHU's point of view, and would like to think if the roles were reversed as in a LOI club had a kid in sane position who was eligible for us and such a good prospect that they would try influence the player to play for us.

Sadly I see Rice has a choice of WHU and England or Ireland and a transfer request, which nay be his best option. A move to the likes of Liverpool or Utd / City where the clubs do not particularly care (IMO) about England and only care about winning the Premiership etc would be best for Rice and us . Such clubs probably privately would prefer their players not to play inyer national football. 
I know nothing :-)
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:49am
West Ham and their fans have been sold an Olympic dream by Gold, Sullivan and Brady.
The Boelyn ground and the area around it have been decimated by West Ham FC leaving...80% of West Ham fans voted to remain at Upton Park. 

It's no coincidence they are bottom of the league the souls been ripped out of the club. 

They even have West Ham London on the signs outside the new stadium to entice the tourists.
If he is listening to his employers God help us cos they know fcuk all about football. 

Think it's more about $ signs and his own future image.. agent orange has had a word in his shell. 

Loyalty in modern football yer having a laugh...  
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:07am

I would say the bait has been laid well before today's press conference. Would be surprised if big nose hadn't already spoken to Rice

I was right 

Had O Neill not already announced that?

And a grown man calling a man doing his job a big nose rat needs to take a long hard look at themselvesEmbarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:13am
Or maybe you should relax a bit and stop taking the internet so serious 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 11:44am
oh sweet Jaysus, says your man LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 307>
  Share Topic