FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 306>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:33am
Southgate showing interest in him if the morning rags are to be believed
Danger here, OH NO
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Cathal Sheehan Cathal Sheehan wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

MON really needs to leave.

Fixed, but lads like Rice need to be brought into the fold to atlas get comfortable with the senior set up.

He's been in squads already.
Cathal Sheehan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathal Sheehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

MON really needs to leave.

Fixed, but lads like Rice need to be brought into the fold to atlas get comfortable with the senior set up.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
I think everyone got caught up in our group position after Vienna, which made it seem like we were performing better than we did. Tbf in Vienna, Walters hit the bar but they missed a sitter in the 95th minute which often gets overlooked.

EDIT - More suited to the MON thread.

Edited by The Huntacha - 09 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:50pm
MON really needs to completely re think his whole approach. Lots of rubbish written about how we had a strong first half of the group. We were rubbish in Serbia but got a great point, rubbish against Georgia and fluked a win, were ok against Austria and still got lucky to hang on. 

Weighing up everything we were rubbish for the whole group and nearly got lucky but got found out in the end.

New players, new style please. Try some young lads. Be pragmatic but only with re building in mind.
It's not me it's you:-)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The free role is hardly McClean's natural position. Its the left wing or nowhere for him (IMO) despite constant calls on this website to try him up front, in a playmaker role, or at left back.

You are 100% correct RB, and anyone who can't see that at this stage must have voted for him as Sportsman of the year. There is a decent argument to be made that if we are to play football in any shape or form, he shouldn't be in the starting team at all. 

Back 5 is all well & good in theory, but if yer width is then provided by your wingbacks (go with Coleman & Brady as suggested), there isn't any place for another winger in the team, so no McClean or O'Dowda. Instead, we replace one or both of those with any amount of average midfielders. 

Something along the lines of McCarthy, Hendrick & Arter would be the likliest candidates, but all the lads picking the fantasy teams will replace one of them for either a fella who will be 36 in May and has appeared in about 1/3rd of Norwich's games this year, or a chap who hasn't played a game for us yet and has spent a good deal of this season on the bench at struggling Reading. That's where the theory starts to fall down a bit. 

With that system, you do get to play 2 up front, but as things stand, we barely have 2 strikers worthy of the name. Long and one of Maguire or Hogan maybe. It couldn't be much worse than what we have seen over the last year to be fair, but we sorely lack a creative midfielder in that system, I think it would be more of the same or similar. 

Maybe Judge can be the next Wes, a fella who gets a late international chance and goes on to have a decent career for us, but I think Kelly has a bit to go yet, and I would cull Wes along with Murph, O'Shea, McGeady & Whelan, possibly Walters as well, but he would not be a bad lad to have on the bench for a while either. Lads thinking Hoolahan can go on for much longer are in dreamland, probably the same one that McClean appears in as a striker/playmaker/goalkeeper.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

we have to  stop playing players  over 30 years old

WHAT. would   MESSI say   about that

I SAID  bar  Hoolahan and Walters.....Marc Wilson maybe Gibson.....Messi  i think he will quit the national team after the world cup

Okay, No players over 30 except the ones who are good enough 👍
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:39pm

I SAID  bar  Hoolahan and Walters.....Marc Wilson maybe Gibson.....Messi  i think he will quit the national team after the world cup

Okay, No players over 30 except the ones who are good enough 👍

JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

A back 5 of Brady, Rice, Duffy, Clarke, Coleman would make a lot of sense, would like to see it tried over the next 18 months.

jesus. what in under fuk?? how many senior games has Rice played at left back?? or at any level for that matter. wtf is up with some people on this board and all these creative ideas... too much Football Manager i doubt lol

Eh, he means leftmost of a central back three, with Brady as left wing back and Coleman as right wing back.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:59pm

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:59pm

A back 5 of Brady, Rice, Duffy, Clarke, Coleman would make a lot of sense, would like to see it tried over the next 18 months.

jesus. what in under fuk?? how many senior games has Rice played at left back?? or at any level for that matter. wtf is up with some people on this board and all these creative ideas... too much Football Manager i doubt lol
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I had an argument with many people on this forum months ago that Rice was ready for a call up and was able to deal with the pressure of international football if he could get In a relegation threatened premier league side, my argument was comparing him to Kevin long. Long had played a handful of games for Burnley and was called up and because of injuries he was give a competitive cap against wales, rice has now got more premier league experience than long, 12 premier league games for Rice to 9 for long and if he does not get a call up in the forthcoming friendlys questions need to be asked.
Imagine if we had a forward thinking manager who might try three at the back, Clark Duffy rice with Coleman and Brady as attacking fullbacks, a centre midfielde of McCarthy Arthur and hendrick with McLean in free role and long as lone striker, 10 premier league players playing well and all in natural positions!!

mcclean in a free role?? ConfusedConfusedConfused

is mcclean not a winger and a winger only
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:37pm

One of the better suggestions made on this forum, would love to see it tried
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

They are our 5 best players (people may argue over rice but he will be our best) and as you say need to be tried out in a back 5, my only fear would be a lack of pace from any of the 3 centre backs.

He's 18, and it's his first season. A bit of perspective is needed here.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:24pm
They are our 5 best players (people may argue over rice but he will be our best) and as you say need to be tried out in a back 5, my only fear would be a lack of pace from any of the 3 centre backs.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:51pm
bar hoolahan and maybe Walters ...the rest   long kiss goodbye
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 306>
  Share Topic