FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 307>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:26am
I reckon apart from the agent,, the club is putting pressure on him. For West Ham to have an top England star would be a marketing dream for them. Very hard one for Rice to work under when his employers are asking him to switch to England. 

Anyway Its better to have a player 100% committed than a reluctant f**ker playing for us and pulling out of tackles.

As much as the likes of Kilbane are right, they arent helping the situation

Sponsored Links

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I said this after Grealish and got hammered but I still believe it. Under 21 squads should only be domestic based players (From any national background with Irish qualification) and Irish born players abroad. If an English born Irish man playing abroad wants to play for Ireland they can wait until the seniors come calling.

So we deny guys the chance to play for the country that they may well identify as their own simply because they're eligible for another? I'm sure that wouldn't be in the slightest alienating...

Taking your point to it's logical conclusion, we'd also have to exclude Irish-born players like Bazunu simply because they're eligible for another nations too... Its an absolutely idiotic suggestion which would do more harm than good, and you were rightly hammered for suggesting something that is so blatently discriminatory.

Bazuna plays for Shamrock Rovers. He is eligible. If he is good enough at 17 for Man City next year cap him. No problem. Im talking about under 21s and below. 

He's also eligible for another nation, which is exactly the same problem as your ludicrous "Rice/Grealish rule" seeks to address.
Again - Based in Ireland = Eligible!
Once he moves, if he is good enough to play for Ireland Im sure senior team will cap him
Anybody with Irish links no matter where born playing domestically is eligible. Not sure which part of that you dont understand. Irish Rugby do it for all domestic players and nobody really sees an issue. Its a twist on that style

I think that is a good idea. Some of these guys have no connection to Ireland at all. They wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between O’Connell Street and High Street Calcutta. There has to be more to playing for Ireland than fulfilling Uefa’s criteria. Having lived in Ireland is a good starter. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:09am

I said this after Grealish and got hammered but I still believe it. Under 21 squads should only be domestic based players (From any national background with Irish qualification) and Irish born players abroad. If an English born Irish man playing abroad wants to play for Ireland they can wait until the seniors come calling.

So we deny guys the chance to play for the country that they may well identify as their own simply because they're eligible for another? I'm sure that wouldn't be in the slightest alienating...

Taking your point to it's logical conclusion, we'd also have to exclude Irish-born players like Bazunu simply because they're eligible for another nations too... Its an absolutely idiotic suggestion which would do more harm than good, and you were rightly hammered for suggesting something that is so blatently discriminatory.

Bazuna plays for Shamrock Rovers. He is eligible. If he is good enough at 17 for Man City next year cap him. No problem. Im talking about under 21s and below. 

He's also eligible for another nation, which is exactly the same problem as your ludicrous "Rice/Grealish rule" seeks to address.
Again - Based in Ireland = Eligible!
Once he moves, if he is good enough to play for Ireland Im sure senior team will cap him
Anybody with Irish links no matter where born playing domestically is eligible. Not sure which part of that you dont understand. Irish Rugby do it for all domestic players and nobody really sees an issue. Its a twist on that style

Edited by scottyccfc - 31 Aug 2018 at 9:10am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Good rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KmLMh6K2gY

i turned it off when i saw the **** was wearing a scarf indoors........... 

Jaysus that fella is annoying. I wish I didn't click on that link now

Have no doubt he has connections in Mayo LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:54am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Good rant

Jaysus that fella is annoying. I wish I didn't click on that link now
El Puto Amo
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:37am

Good rant

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:20am

Good rant

Edited by Howdo - 31 Aug 2018 at 8:22am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 3:07am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

I turned him into a Scot which is all we need.

But I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.Ouch

Nobody does......
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 2:25am

It is just a really bad idea
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 2:09am

We're decent enough..
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:34pm

Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Kevin Kilbane names what he thinks are the English born players who would have always played for Ireland and never considered England :

Himself
Gary Breen
Alan Mclaughlin
David Connolly
Rory Delap

I found Delap the most surprising.

So basically ones that would never have had a hope in hell of playing for England (probably not even top half Premiership) ......I've always felt young English players with ambition to go right to the top would never choose Ireland if the opportunity was there.......look at all the recent England Internationals who could have played for us, there are scores of them...it was never on

even the likes of Patrick Bamford switched back pretty much when he got a move from Forest to Chelsea......it's just the way it is

You’re wrong. Being born in England doesn’t mean you want to play for England.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:58pm
I turned him into a Scot which is all we need.

But I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.Ouch

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:50pm
McLoughlins father is Irish, sound fella
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Kevin Kilbane names what he thinks are the English born players who would have always played for Ireland and never considered England :

Himself
Gary Breen
Alan Mclaughlin
David Connolly
Rory Delap

its McLoughlin 
It's McLoughlin...
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm

Himself
Gary Breen
Alan Mclaughlin
David Connolly
Rory Delap

its McLoughlin 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 30 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm

Himself
Gary Breen
Alan Mclaughlin
David Connolly
Rory Delap

So basically ones that would never have had a hope in hell of playing for England (probably not even top half Premiership) ......I've always felt young English players with ambition to go right to the top would never choose Ireland if the opportunity was there.......look at all the recent England Internationals who could have played for us, there are scores of them...it was never on

even the likes of Patrick Bamford switched back pretty much when he got a move from Forest to Chelsea......it's just the way it is
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Himself
Gary Breen
Alan Mclaughlin
David Connolly
Rory Delap

I found Delap the most surprising

I assume they all qualified through their parents rather than grandparents?

Breen and kilbanes parents were both irish i think. Connolly defo had 1 irish parent if i remember. Not sure bout delap and mcloughlin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 307>
  Share Topic