You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 55>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So have any other people decided how they will make their way from Cardiff to Birmingham airport on the way home?
Looking at the bus and there only seems to be 2 buses that will get you there on time for the 3 o'clock flight and one of them leaves at 7.30am. Not ideal. 

Train 1 stop at Birmingham new street
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

On the 8.25 return . I doubt I'll be in much shape for rushing around gettin earlier flight so wasn't booking it . @Sham did you book transport to Cardiff from Birmingham?
nothing booked yet Butch, was almost thinking of hiring a car. They were dirt cheap a while back.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

On the 8.25 return . I doubt I'll be in much shape for rushing around gettin earlier flight so wasn't booking it . @Sham did you book transport to Cardiff from Birmingham?
nothing booked yet Butch, was almost thinking of hiring a car. They were dirt cheap a while back.

With my previous adventure through Glasgows bus lanes in a hire car last month and running up nearly €400 in fines and another speeding ticket through Larne Port last year I'm staying away from hire cars and driving in the UK
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:33am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So have any other people decided how they will make their way from Cardiff to Birmingham airport on the way home?

We're hiring a car, it's far better value than trains.
On the 3 o'clock flight back too, could have a spare seat.
City Till I Die
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:03am
Yeah Trains are very dear. It would be cheaper to book a new flight from Gatwick at a later time and get a bus there compared with buying a train ticket.
7.30 bus is early but sure might only get an extra 2 hours in bed with a different option, so will just have to get over it but if people are booking something let me know cos the last time I traveled alone on my way home from a match if fell asleep at the airport and missed my connecting flight.
The dark side.. And the light
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:13am
Lads, in terms of the train tickets, the cheapest tickets only go on sale 3 months in advance so they won't yet be on sale. Worth checking again next week to see what is available.
Also, worth checking a site like splityourticket.co.uk : Due to the mad way the train system is worth different companies on different routes, it might be better to buy a number of singles for different parts of a journey rather than one single covering the whole journey.

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:43am
If anyone is looking for a nice way home,there is a flight on the 10th from Cardiff to Mallorca for 45 € on the 10th,weather is beautiful there in October ,Ryanair fly Mallorca to Dublin on the 12th for 70€
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
SteveEvans View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:17am
It might be a question for the general Wales thread but how is the best way to go about getting home end tickets? Signing up to the Welsh FA membership?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by SteveEvans SteveEvans wrote:

It might be a question for the general Wales thread but how is the best way to go about getting home end tickets? Signing up to the Welsh FA membership?
I would say your best bet would be on match day , always a few floating around .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Lads, in terms of the train tickets, the cheapest tickets only go on sale 3 months in advance so they won't yet be on sale. Worth checking again next week to see what is available.
Also, worth checking a site like splityourticket.co.uk : Due to the mad way the train system is worth different companies on different routes, it might be better to buy a number of singles for different parts of a journey rather than one single covering the whole journey.

Yep I was looking at booking my ticket from Manchester and it looked 88 return...if I wait for advance tickets they should be half that
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:06pm

Here's how they're selling the Austria tickets.

Best case scenario, Wales will be out of the running come the match, and you may just see some tickets go on general sale.  Wouldn't count on it though, and you'd want to have a non-Irish address to send the tickets to.
City Till I Die
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Here's how they're selling the Austria tickets.

Best case scenario, Wales will be out of the running come the match, and you may just see some tickets go on general sale.  Wouldn't count on it though, and you'd want to have a non-Irish address to send the tickets to.

Yeah think might be a chance of getting a home end ticket if pay the FAW membership and are online straight away when they go on sale as it seems from their forum most tickets have already sold out for Austria and it only went on sale this morning

Using an Irish address could be a problem alright best using a UK address if know someone with one
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:11pm
Anyone here on Aer Lingus to Bristol on Sun 8th at 14.00 and returning on Tue 10th at 12.15 and interested in sharing a taxi?

Works out at £30 pp return to central Cardiff, two of us already in so two spots available.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
Anybody doing Sail & Rail the morning after the Moldova game? Was going to get the early morning flight to Bristol but Sail & Rail is a lot cheaper and reckon it would be a lot better craic!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm
Not going til Sunday. Will probably book the afternoon ferry and if it is cancelled take the early morning one instead.
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Anybody doing Sail & Rail the morning after the Moldova game? Was going to get the early morning flight to Bristol but Sail & Rail is a lot cheaper and reckon it would be a lot better craic!

8 of us doing the sail and rail on the morning after the Moldova game
Cathal Bourke
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:22am
Doing the Sail & Rail on Sundays can be a nightmare. Used to live over there and there and do it quite a bit. Nearly always last minute maintenance works on the lines with bus replacements etc.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:24pm
Anybody staying in Newport for this ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 55>
  Share Topic