Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:03am
The ferry is the only way to this one lads

-------------
Cathal Bourke

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:35am
Has to be a convoy of ybig buses.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:37am
Direct train from Reading in 90 mins : boom !

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:52am
KLM  fly  Munich to Cardiff or maybe i will go to Stanstead with Ryanair and look at options from there.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

KLM  fly  Munich to Cardiff or maybe i will go to Stanstead with Ryanair and look at options from there.

Flights to Bristol is an option also bud. You can get a train or even a bus from Airport to Cardiff City Centre in about 90 mins.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Flights to Bristol is an option also bud. You can get a train or even a bus from Airport to Cardiff City Centre in about 90 mins.

As are Southampton and Birmingham Airports : Easily get to Cardiff on the train from both.

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:41pm
Was in Cardiff twice last year for rugby world cup (yes I like football and rugby ) flights to Cardiff and Bristol were ridiculous prices. Flew in / out of Manchester and got the train down. Direct train with arriva Wales. Only thing is it takes about 3-4 hours depending on stops but plenty of time for cans!

Posted By: OscarDelta
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:34pm
FAW will not of course confirm stadium for a while but potentially with a huge influx of Irish supporters for weekend and last match they may switch games from Cardiff City stadium (33,000) to Millennium Stadium (80,000 capacity).

Course if both of us tank in the qualifiers where completely adrift with 6 months to go I think they may opt for the local park.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:39pm
Holyhead to Cardiff by train takes about 4 1/2 hrs direct service and potentially combined with Ferry ticket could be done reasonably cheaply.

Alternative fly to Gatwick .................... train to Cardiff via Reading avoiding London or other airports and then Train from Paddington if Cardiff / Bristol / Birmingham options are too costly.

Figure if tickets become a prob will end up in Welsh end as Welsh fans sorted me for tickets for Belgium game in Bordeaux and also for France games in Lyon.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:44pm
Can't see them shifting it from the Cardiff City Stadium - It's to their advantage to keep it there.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:47pm
it will be played in Cardiff City Stadium

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:48pm
Would it not be quicker to do the sail rail from Rosslare via Pembroke rather than via Holyhead from Dublin

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:00pm
If Wales are going well then I can see them moving some games from the Cardiff City stadium, there's going to be a huge uplift in interest over there after how they've done in the Euros.

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Would it not be quicker to do the sail rail from Rosslare via Pembroke rather than via Holyhead from Dublin

Not if you are travelling from Dublin. The train to Rosslare is slow and the journey from Pembroke / Fishguard involves a heap of changes: it's much simpler via Holyhead.

I'm definitely going that way, anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

it will be played in Cardiff City Stadium

FAW have confirmed to fans they will be using Cardiff City for the qualifiers. which given away supporters they can justify.

They however were non committal regarding our game to their own fans, the 70,000 fans rather than 30,000 has some attractiveness. Even more so if this was the game to celebrate their qualification.

It will come down to cash for FAW in the end.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

As are Southampton and Birmingham Airports : Easily get to Cardiff on the train from both.

Don't think there is any  October  flights to those destinations from Salzburg though lads.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Match is in October Lilly

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:31pm
I was looking at the routes awhile back and thought I'd do the ferry and then I seen the time from Holyhead to Cardiff . 4 hours on a ferry and 4.5 hrs on the train . Give or take a hour or two for getting to the ferry and its 10 hours . Feck that , U.K. Airport and train into Cardiff , remember it's a Tuesday night game . So if travelling on a Tuesday you will more than likely getting in 2 hours before KO . Get to the hotel bags dropped and heading for the ground shortly after that . So it could be a long aul day . Defo 2 days off work

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
It's a Monday game, but will still need 2 days off work.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:11pm
Brother lives over there so that's accommodation sorted. Probably fly into somewhere in England if the flights are crazy and train it down with a bag a cans

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I had it in the head it was a Tuesday game an aul late night ferry across the channel on Saturday night or early Sunday morning might not be to bad . I think it's €40 each way

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:27pm
Ryanair always have cheap flights available to Birmingham which be another option can get train from their to Cardiff with 1 change in Birmingham new street station. Train takes around 3 hours

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:15am

Is that direct?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:57am

If annual leave is a problem for Wales away next year then there is a way of going to it and only taking 1 day off and not 2.

Jump on a direct bus from Cardiff to Heathrow or London Victoria at 11:15pm or later after the match and grab the first flight out of London Tuesday morning. You should land in Dublin sometime around 8am.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Is that direct?

Just checked again,its not,change in Amsterdam.

-------------

Posted By: larraga
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:18am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not if you are travelling from Dublin. The train to Rosslare is slow and the journey from Pembroke / Fishguard involves a heap of changes: it's much simpler via Holyhead.

I'm definitely going that way, anyway.

If you drive to Rosslare Harbour. Ferry dept 09:00. Arrive Cardiff 16:00.

Wales 0 Republic of Ireland 1.

Dept Cardiff 22:30. Arrive Rosslare 06:30.

Have to do all your drinking on train & ferry, but if you're on tight budget and you need take only one day off work

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:26pm
Shannon to London or Birmingham then train down to Cardiff plenty of time to book should work out cheap

Posted By: DubCulture
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If annual leave is a problem for Wales away next year then there is a way of going to it and only taking 1 day off and not 2.

Jump on a direct bus from Cardiff to Heathrow or London Victoria at 11:15pm or later after the match and grab the first flight out of London Tuesday morning. You should land in Dublin sometime around 8am.

And then go to work ? f**k that.
Call in sick

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by NorthDubWFTA NorthDubWFTA wrote:

And then go to work ? f**k that.
Call in sick

Note to self. Never employ NorthDubWFTA

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 1:10pm
A car and five people to Britain on the ferry is €500ish return, regardless of what route.
Rail & Sail (via Fishguard) is €41-47 each way.

Car might be just as handy.

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: deebee
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 12:24pm
Eurolines bus going through Dublin or Rosslare to Cardiff 68e return.

Posted By: manulike
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:54pm
Been a secret admirer of your forum since Christmas, but only officially registered today,
Just wanted to say how much i admired your vocal support at the two games i attended (v Sweden in Paris and v Belgium in Bordeaux). Alongside the Icelanders (who I really enjoyed seeing in Nice), your supporters are great.

I am a Welsh lad from Cardiff, btw.

Had the pleasure of meeting #oscardelta and his lad at the Belgium match.

Looking forward to our game in March and all the best v Serbia and Georgia this Autumn.

PS
If I can help with any logistics in Cardiff, give me a shout

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:24pm
Cheers and welcome to the forum manulike.

Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

You're probably not too familiar with the aul Irish lingo but around these parts the above means something an awful lot different to what I'm guessing it was intended to mean. LOL

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Cheers and welcome to the forum manulike.

You're probably not too familiar with the aul Irish lingo but around these parts the above means something an awful lot different to what I'm guessing it was intended to mean. LOL

Embarrassed

Welcome Manulike.............

I knew what he meant Smile and Manulike did sort me out with 2 Tickets to Belgium game.

Dev...................... you got a sick mind LOL

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm

Been a secret admirer of your forum since Christmas, but only officially registered today,
Just wanted to say how much i admired your vocal support at the two games i attended (v Sweden in Paris and v Belgium in Bordeaux). Alongside the Icelanders (who I really enjoyed seeing in Nice), your supporters are great.

I am a Welsh lad from Cardiff, btw.

Looking forward to our game in March and all the best v Serbia and Georgia this Autumn.

PS
If I can help with any logistics in Cardiff, give me a shout

The Welsh are a great bunch of lads and you women are .

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: johnno
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 10:12pm
I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this weekend?

-------------
"you,ll never beat the irish"

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this weekend?

Booking.com only do 360ish days in advance so we are further away from that so sit tight and send what happens

Posted By: rcronin2016
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:25pm
Cork to Birmingham OR try direct from Dublin to Cardiff 

Posted By: ACTHUNG BABY
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

I know it's a long way off but the vast majority of city centre hotels on booking sites seem to be booked out the weekend of the game. Is there something else on this8 weekend?

Try Ibis.com

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:56am
Most hotel booking sites wont take bookings until one year from date ie. until Oct 6 2016. Hotels.com are an exception. They have Ibis Budget City Centre Hotel, near Stadium, Railway Station etc for €40 for double room. Cheap as chips for perfect location.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by larraga larraga wrote:

Most hotel booking sites wont take bookings until one year from date ie. until Oct 6 2016. Hotels.com are an exception. They have Ibis Budget City Centre Hotel, near Stadium, Railway Station etc for €40 for double room. Cheap as chips for perfect location.

That is excellent information and a superb price!

Ibis Budget Cardiff city centre is a 6 or 7 minute walk from the pub/restaurant area of St Mary's Street and the Brewery Quarter and under 10 minutes walk to the main railway station. Its about 20 minute walk to the stadium.

Novotel Cardiff, is right next to the above - at €75/night.

The official HI Youth Hostel is also right next to these two, although it is fully booked on match day. Beds at 22 pounds available Sunday and Tuesday nights though. http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/cardiff-central

If you are flying into Cardiff airport, T9 - The Cardiff Airport Express Bus Service stops at the Customs House, which is about 5 mins away from the above hotels. costs 5 pounds or 7 euro. See http://www.trawscymru.info/t9/" rel="nofollow - http://www.trawscymru.info/t9/

Not sure about the RiverHouse (overlooking the Millennium Stadium) and only 10 minutes walk to Cardiff City stadium.

A very decent other option would be Ibis Cardiff Centre (the non Budget one, costing 60 euro) on Churchill Way, which is smack bang in Queen Street, and might FEEL more safe to walk around after dark. Especially if there are ladies among you. East Tyndl Street is a little secluded and has an industrial feel. Again, its only a 4 or 5 minute walk to St Davids 2 shopping centre and John Lewis, though

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:44am
Cheers for teh heads up there larraga.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:49am
That's a great price for the Ibis budget and it's a good location. You'll be at St.Mary's Street (where all the bars are) in less than 10 mins. 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
Is that the one on Tyndall Street?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Is that the one on Tyndall Street?

Yes. Ibis Budget. Also triple rooms for €52 a night. Not luxury but perfect.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:58pm
Shortest route to Cardiff for me will take about 6-8 hours.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:03pm
Just a word of warning that hotels.com are a useless shower. I had runs in with them over hotels charging me despite free cancellation. Got nothing but incoherent and grammatically disabled staff when I contacted hotels.com. i'd swear they were using google translate to communicate with me.

eventually gave up on them and had to get my cc company to do a chargeback in order to get my money back.

They are owned by Expedia which would make you think they are market leaders but they are in fact atrocious.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/hotelsdotcom.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/hotelsdotcom.html

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:28pm
Handiest ,cheapest way of getting from Stanstead to Cardiff or Bristol ?

-------------

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm

Train from London Paddington would be your best bet i would've thought.  about a 2 and a half hour journey to Cardiff from Paddington.  one way ticket will probably cost about 40 quid

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:36pm

You can get a train from London Paddingon station straight to Cardiff for cheap.

Different ways you can get to Paddington from Stanstead - Tube, Coach, Taxi. 

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:38pm
Great stuff, have a twin room booked for the 8th and 9th for €150 total. Free cancellation and great location, cheers lads

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:43pm
Just checked it there,plus an hour from Stanstead to Paddington,looked a lot of routes, through from Munich and Vienna,even Ryanair ,Salzburg -Stanstead -Tenerife -Cardiff but the dates don't work,would prefer to avoid going into London if possible.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:54pm

Just checked it there,plus an hour from Stanstead to Paddington,looked a lot of routes, through from Munich and Vienna,even Ryanair ,Salzburg -Stanstead -Tenerife -Cardiff but the dates don't work,would prefer to avoid going into London if possible.

Stansted to Cardiff is a train, a tube and a train - Probably about 4 hours in total.

You could fly into Heathrow with BA (Not cheap, I know), get a bus to Reading which will take about 30 mins and then connect with a Cardiff train which will take about 90 mins.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 2:06pm
Appears easyjet fly salzburg to bristol on Saturdays, bus from there to Cardiff

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 2:09pm

Stansted to Cardiff is a train, a tube and a train - Probably about 4 hours in total.

You could fly into Heathrow with BA (Not cheap, I know), get a bus to Reading which will take about 30 mins and then connect with a Cardiff train which will take about 90 mins.

there's direct buses from Heathrow to Cardiff. Very convenient and relatively quick as it's motorway all the way to Cardiff from Heathrow.

If you book in advance BA flights can be very reasonable.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 2:19pm

there's direct buses from Heathrow to Cardiff. Very convenient and relatively quick as it's motorway all the way to Cardiff from Heathrow.

If it's the National Express coaches then they take over 30 hours as they stop into the likes of Bristol on the way etc.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Appears easyjet fly salzburg to bristol on Saturdays, bus from there to Cardiff

Only for the ski season,December - March.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 2:45pm

Train from Paddington probably be about 50-60 return.

Flybe started direct daily flights to London City airport - currently around £40 each way. Although this is temporary, both Flybe and Cardiff airport seem to suggest that it will continue

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 3:40pm
Salzburg: fly into Bristol or Birmingham.

Lufthansa fly from Birmingham to Munich. It should be under €100 once they go on sale in a few weeks time. Lufty don't fly to Bristol though. Manchester is about €120 but it should be cheaper in terms of the train on to Cardiff, even though it takes a bit longer, because of the idiosyncrasies of UK train ticket advance pricing.

Easyjet fly Vienna to Bristol and Manchester. It's a fair bit cheaper to get from Bristol to Cardiff than it is from Manchester or Birmingham.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 3:43pm

Lufthansa fly from Birmingham to Munich. That might be handier. It should be under €100 once they go on sale in a few weeks time. Lufty don't fly to Bristol though. Manchester is about €120 but it should be cheaper in terms of the train on to Cardiff, even though it takes a bit longer, because of the idiosyncrasies of UK train ticket advance pricing.
window.post_1474468909797_14 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1474468910621_32 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

Ain't that the truth : Heading to Liverpool for the Hull game this weekend and for the first leg of my journey it is cheaper to buy a single to one of the stations between here and Birmingham, and then a single to Birmingham than just buying one single even though I will not get off the train at any stage.

Anyways, the split your ticket website will be dead handy for anybody needing to get trains in the UK for the Wales game. 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 3:56pm
What is the travel time from Dublin to Holyhead and Holyhead to Cardiff ? 9 hrs total with connections

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:02pm
Yeah, about nine hours, with an hour's wait in Holyhead each way.

On the other hand, the trains are direct from Holyhead to Cardiff and vice versa.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:02pm
Going via Roslare is Quicker afaik

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:09pm
Nah, not if you're travelling from Dublin, only from the South East really.... unless you are driving, in which case it probably is better.

Also, heading back, there is no train north from Rosslare after the ferry arrives at 18:00. There's a train that departs at 17:55, but the ferry doesn't arrive til 18:00, which is utterly retarded. That said, you could get the bus, but that is a separate ticket, unlike the sail rail via Holyhead, which is all one ticket from Dublin to Cardiff.

Unless you live close enough to Rosslare to catch the 09:00 ferry over, it's the 9pm ferry, a 2am train from there, and an arrival in Cardiff at like 5am. I wouldn't recommend that route unless either you are driving or you live in the South East and have an independent route to and from Rosslare.

-------------

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:23pm

Nah, not if you're travelling from Dublin, only from the South East really.... unless you are driving, in which case it probably is better.

Also, heading back, there is no train north from Rosslare after the ferry arrives at 18:00. There's a train that departs at 17:55, but the ferry doesn't arrive til 18:00, which is utterly retarded. That said, you could get the bus, but that is a separate ticket, unlike the sail rail via Holyhead, which is all one ticket from Dublin to Cardiff.

Unless you live close enough to Rosslare to catch the 09:00 ferry over, it's the 9pm ferry, a 2am train from there, and an arrival in Cardiff at like 5am. I wouldn't recommend that route unless either you are driving or you live in the South East and have an independent route to and from Rosslare.

FFS LOL

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:18pm

If it's the National Express coaches then they take over 30 hours as they stop into the likes of Bristol on the way etc.

It is national express and it is a direct bus service with no stopping. It takes about 3 hours and departs every hour during the day.

I've taken it in the past, very cheap when booked in advance and a comfortable way to travel.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:37pm

Lufthansa fly from Birmingham to Munich. It should be under €100 once they go on sale in a few weeks time. Lufty don't fly to Bristol though. Manchester is about €120 but it should be cheaper in terms of the train on to Cardiff, even though it takes a bit longer, because of the idiosyncrasies of UK train ticket advance pricing.

Easyjet fly Vienna to Bristol and Manchester. It's a fair bit cheaper to get from Bristol to Cardiff than it is from Manchester or Birmingham.

SD  Clap

That didn't show up on skyscanner or Rome2Rio,just checked their website,schedule only runs until March so i guess i will be able to book it around Christmas,handy 20 quid trains direct from Salzburg to Vienna airport too, using that service  for Serbia and Moldova instead of flying via Munich.

-------------

Posted By: Bluezar
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:51pm
IBIS Budget booked - Cheers for the heads up

-------------
As Johnny Logan Would Say - "What's another Year"

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 6:54pm
In the Ibis Budget myself for 2 nights, booked it a couple of weeks ago €40 per night

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:12pm
In the ibis on Churchill street or whatever it's called.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:42pm
I stayed in the Ibis budget the last time for the friendly, grand spot and only a few mins away

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

It's the one on Tyndall St Paulie.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm

Cheers. It says Churchill Way on the confirmation but sure that's probably on Tyndall Street. I won't worry about it now!

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:21pm

Cheers. It says Churchill Way on the confirmation but sure that's probably on Tyndall Street. I won't worry about it now!
There's two Ibis, the budget is on Tyndall street

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

There's two Ibis, the budget is on Tyndall street

That explains that then.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:55pm
Paulie, you are in the posh 60 euro/night place.
Churchill Way is a stones throw from Queen Street (the main shopping street) and a lot busier with pubs and restaurants, right next to you.
East Tyndel Street is a little out of the way, in a slightly more secluded / more industrial area.
Still, its just a 6 or 7 minutes walk to the nightlife/bars/restaurants of St Mary's etc.

There is actually a cheap Travellodge on St Mary's itself for 30 quid/night as well as another one on Queen Street for 40 quid

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:58pm

Churchill Way is a stones throw from Queen Street (the main shopping street) and a lot busier with pubs and restaurants, right next to you.
East Tyndel Street is a little out of the way, in a slightly more secluded / more industrial area.
Still, its just a 6 or 7 minutes walk to the nightlife/bars/restaurants of St Mary's etc.

There is actually a cheap Travellodge on St Mary's itself for 30 quid/night as well as another one on Queen Street for 40 quid

Thanks. This will be my 6th time to Cardiff so I really should know my way around at this stage.

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:04am

Thanks. This will be my 6th time to Cardiff so I really should know my way around at this stage.

But do you????

I know from the Ibis to O'Neills to the Live Lounge and back lol

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:26am
Start the panic!  Tried reserving a hotel room in Cardiff for 9th of October next year on booking.com and you would not believe the number of hotels that are already fully booked up! Shocked

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:30am
Booked it a while back myself,looking to book a hotel in Dublin the night of the home game v Wales as i am taking the bird and we have an early flight,serious prices in the capital Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
Any recommendations for a hotel in Cardiff ? Never been before and wouldn't know the lay of the land or what areas . Or more likely a hostel in a good area . Cheers

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Any recommendations for a hotel in Cardiff ? Never been before and wouldn't know the lay of the land or what areas . Or more likely a hostel in a good area . Cheers
anything within walking distance of St Mary's street and you'll be grand.

-------------

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Start the panic!  Tried reserving a hotel room in Cardiff for 9th of October next year on booking.com and you would not believe the number of hotels that are already fully booked up! Shocked

Cheers for the warning, just booked a Premier Inn now, well outside city centre but €206 for 3 nights for a twin room

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Cheers for the warning, just booked a Premier Inn now, well outside city centre but €206 for 3 nights for a twin room

Booked that myself just there.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

anything within walking distance of St Mary's street and you'll be grand.

Sound

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:29pm
Any talk of them moving back to the Millennium Stadium due to demand?

{EDIT} Wrong thread

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

{EDIT} Wrong thread

I'll answer it anyway KC, someone can delete or move it later. Welsh FA confirmed their home games for 2016 are going to be played in Cardiff City stadium, they have not confirmed anything about 2017 yet. 

There are those of the view that they would move to the bigger one if demand is there & they are in contention for 1st/2nd, but also some think they won't move it as it would mean giving us more tickets & they might not want to do that. Not too many experts on the workings of the Welsh FA around here, so who knows. 

Personally, I always believe if yer looking to know what lads in suits might do, follow the money, ergo they will move it if demand exists. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

{EDIT} Wrong thread

I'll answer it anyway KC, someone can delete or move it later. Welsh FA confirmed their home games for 2016 are going to be played in Cardiff City stadium, they have not confirmed anything about 2017 yet. 

There are those of the view that they would move to the bigger one if demand is there & they are in contention for 1st/2nd, but also some think they won't move it as it would mean giving us more tickets & they might not want to do that. Not too many experts on the workings of the Welsh FA around here, so who knows. 

Personally, I always believe if yer looking to know what lads in suits might do, follow the money, ergo they will move it if demand exists. 

Salzburglily speaking to a couple of WFA people , pretty sure nailed on not to move.

could you imagine the uproar if they were in with a chance of a WC spot fo the first time in decades , moved it the Millenium and blew it

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:20pm

{EDIT} Wrong thread

I seriously doubt that will be an issue

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

{EDIT} Wrong thread

Salzburglily speaking to a couple of WFA people , pretty sure nailed on not to move.

could you imagine the uproar if they were in with a chance of a WC spot fo the first time in decades , moved it the Millenium and blew it

2 lads who work for the Welsh FA were on our flight back to Vienna,they were sent to Moldova to have a look at us,they said it will be held in CC stadium 100%.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:13pm
It's definitely Rome so

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:43pm
Don't doubt the sincerity of the Welsh FA lads ya met SL, but I'm going to stick with following the money. Ya also have to remember, they could have easily confirmed those games for Cardiff City already, but they didn't. That alone would suggest that the subject of moving a game or 2 to Millenium has at least occurred to someone at decision making level.

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 6:11am

Don't doubt the sincerity of the Welsh FA lads ya met SL, but I'm going to stick with following the money. Ya also have to remember, they could have easily confirmed those games for Cardiff City already, but they didn't. That alone would suggest that the subject of moving a game or 2 to Millenium has at least occurred to someone at decision making level.

Serbia beat the Welsh next month and it will be more than likely Cardiff as they will struggle to top the group . Then we beat them in March and they are totally f**ked . Then we can take over Cardiff City ground and have a party after topping our group

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:03pm
Booked up in the IBIS myself for this for a reasonable price but was looking at prices in Dublin for the game in March just out of curiosity to see what the Welsh would be paying. Bloody hell but Dublin is an expensive place to stay. The only half way reasonable places (I didn't look at Air BnB to be fair) are hostels and you're still paying big money to stay in a 10 bed dorm. One hostel was outrageous, €318 for 3 nights in a dorm.

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
Airbnb job again booked for this. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Booked up in the IBIS myself for this for a reasonable price but was looking at prices in Dublin for the game in March just out of curiosity to see what the Welsh would be paying. Bloody hell but Dublin is an expensive place to stay. The only half way reasonable places (I didn't look at Air BnB to be fair) are hostels and you're still paying big money to stay in a 10 bed dorm. One hostel was outrageous, €318 for 3 nights in a dorm.

there must be something on that weekend , I remembered to book by chance a couple of months ago and was shocked at the pretty limited choice - got a decent enough deal in the end but there wasn't a lot of choice

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: theleprechaun
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:47pm
Ryanair have released their flights for October 2017 - while you cannot fly directly to Cardiff, you can book Bristol or Birmingham. Decent prices at the minute.

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm
Park inn 2 miles from stadium was selling at 80 for a twin room

Decent price

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net