You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 55>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 11:26pm
f**king Flybe changed my flight back to Cork on the Tuesday morning to Thursday evening. Looking for another route
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 11:47pm
There's a bus every night from Cardiff (leaving at 22:25) arriving in Killarney at 13:05 and Tralee at 13:45. It's a half hour walk from the stadium to the bus station. You are only on the boat for about four hours though so sleep might be a bit of a challenge, plus you don't really want to be leaving immediately after the end of the match.

Anyway, if you get completely stuck, it's an option.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:01am
I cant think of anything worse SD. Not even staying in Cardiff until Thursday LOL Will look into it in the next couple of nights
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:04am
Also, the Tuesday 17:00 Bristol to Cork flight arriving 18:25 with Aer Fungus is currently £86.99. It's not that cheap and it might be a bit late into Cork for your liking but it's not completely extortionate or completely unsuitable either. The last bus to Tralee doesn't leave Cork til half eight, so you should make it. Even if that flight in was delayed, you'd still be okay once you get on the half seven bus from the airport to Cork city centre. Hell, even if the flight was further delayed, you could always get a taxi from the airport down to the bus station in Cork.

There's an early Bristol to Dublin flight and a few hours later a flight to Kerry. The total cost there is under €120 arriving at 13:45.

Bristol 08:05 - 09:05 Dublin Ryanair €74
Dublin 12:40 - 13:45 Kerry Aer Lingus €43

Edited by SuperDave84 - 08 Mar 2017 at 12:05am
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:18am
You forgot to draw a map to his house there, SD
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:19am
Sound man. Will probably go with Aer lingus from Bristol
larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There's a bus every night from Cardiff (leaving at 22:25) arriving in Killarney at 13:05 and Tralee at 13:45. It's a half hour walk from the stadium to the bus station. You are only on the boat for about four hours though so sleep might be a bit of a challenge, plus you don't really want to be leaving immediately after the end of the match.

Bus arrives in Rosslare at 06:45
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm

There is a bus that goes direct from Cardiff to Tralee? That's mental!
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:58pm
Flights booked for three for Birmingham return on the Sunday & return Tuesday, works out at €120 each.... Please god Ryanair dont change the times of them! 

"Just put it up there..."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 1:45pm
Anyone else on FR662 on the Sunday arr BHX @ 07:35 and return on the tuesday on FR 669 DEP BHX @ 20:25?

If there are a few interested I'll have a look at arranging a Transfer. I'd imagine to make it feasible around 15 - 20 would be needed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

There's certainly a London to Cork bus via Cardiff and the Rosslare ferry. It may go on to Tralee or you might have to change in Cork. The timetable seems to suggest it's direct but I could be wrong on that. It could be the case that the bus in the UK takes you to the ferry, you get on the boat, and you get on a different bus in Rosslare, but it is definitely marketed, organised and run as a direct connection.

Anyway, you'd be mad to go that way from Tralee to London (whatever about Cardiff), especially with Ryanair flying Kerry to Stansted.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

f**king Flybe changed my flight back to Cork on the Tuesday morning to Thursday evening. Looking for another route

Flybe did the same for me, changing my times to a 9pm departure.
And they did it just last week - 3 weeks ahead of our game ;-(
Good job I am arriving one day ahead!

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm

There's certainly a London to Cork bus via Cardiff and the Rosslare ferry. It may go on to Tralee or you might have to change in Cork. The timetable seems to suggest it's direct but I could be wrong on that. It could be the case that the bus in the UK takes you to the ferry, you get on the boat, and you get on a different bus in Rosslare, but it is definitely marketed, organised and run as a direct connection.

Anyway, you'd be mad to go that way from Tralee to London (whatever about Cardiff), especially with Ryanair flying Kerry to Stansted.

There used to be a Westport - London bus once a week to be fair. I don't think it runs anymore. You'd see it at the bus stop in Westport with London written on the front and it just seemed utterly bizarre.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:42pm

There used to be a Westport - London bus once a week to be fair. I don't think it runs anymore. You'd see it at the bus stop in Westport with London written on the front and it just seemed utterly bizarre.

You would have to imagine the lads in the bus station in London, while looking at signs & buses  for 'Birmingham' 'Liverpool'  'Manchester' 'Glasgow' etc would probably have found it even more bizarre to be looking at one that said 'Westport' on the front all the same.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anyone else on FR662 on the Sunday arr BHX @ 07:35 and return on the tuesday on FR 669 DEP BHX @ 20:25?

If there are a few interested I'll have a look at arranging a Transfer. I'd imagine to make it feasible around 15 - 20 would be needed.

Hi Sham, our lot are gonna go on the saturday to birmigham and stay the night there. Wouldbe up for a bus alright, however i see national express is doing cheap non refundable fares
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Hi Sham, our lot are gonna go on the saturday to birmigham and stay the night there. Wouldbe up for a bus alright, however i see national express is doing cheap non refundable fares
yeah seen that alright but almost 4 hours on a bus has little appeal to me.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

You would have to imagine the lads in the bus station in London, while looking at signs & buses  for 'Birmingham' 'Liverpool'  'Manchester' 'Glasgow' etc would probably have found it even more bizarre to be looking at one that said 'Westport' on the front all the same.

Walls is spot on too.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

yeah seen that alright but almost 4 hours on a bus has little appeal to me.

ah yeh get you now, turns out they dont travel on a sunday direct...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 55>
  Share Topic