You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Assumed they would, thursday night maybe 1,000 there ??
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Prices have dropped significantly for accommodation too. 

All the budget hotels are still sold out.

The upper range of budget hotels still £110+ which is pretty expensive
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:45pm
Still fairly new to the aways lads, looking to do this game but don't really want to head over without a ticket. Do we reckon we'll use the allocation for this no bother?

Haven't got a massive amount of credits to my name LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

For those of you counting down the days to this match it is only 7 weeks and 1 day until most people fly over for the night before the match.
It was 7 weeks and 1 day ago that we played France in the p*ssing rain. That doesn't seem that long ago.

Mad to think they are world champions now. All credit goes to Ireland for preparing them so well. 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

For those of you counting down the days to this match it is only 7 weeks and 1 day until most people fly over for the night before the match.
It was 7 weeks and 1 day ago that we played France in the p*ssing rain. That doesn't seem that long ago.

Mad to think they are world champions now. All credit goes to Ireland for preparing them so well. 

Weather was the same when they lifted the trophy, uncanny. 

Edited by Lostandfound - 17 Jul 2018 at 12:56pm
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
Portal now open for applications 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Still fairly new to the aways lads, looking to do this game but don't really want to head over without a ticket. Do we reckon we'll use the allocation for this no bother?

Apply through the portal. If you don't have an account you can set one up through FAI site (I think).
Anyone who applies will get sorted for this match. 
The dark side.. And the light
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm

Apply through the portal. If you don't have an account you can set one up through FAI site (I think).
Anyone who applies will get sorted for this match. 
Yeah I've an account on there, did the game in Paris just gone. Obviously demand shouldn't be as high for this compared to last time in Cardiff (went over but couldn't get sorted for that one).

That's what I was hoping to hear.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Open today 17/07 - got the email earlier. Poland open too. €34 for Wales, no price for Poland yet.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:42pm

Unlikely to use allocation, but for some reason if you don't get a ticket, head anyway, there will be spares about the night before for a game like this, and Cardiff centre is compact enough, visit a few pubs and ask for one and you would get sorted somewhere- there will be someone who pulled out of trip or had to cancel late, its just a matter of finding that person.  Don't ever let a lack of a ticket put you off going to a game, whatever chance you have of getting one in the match city venue, you have zero chance at home. I don't think it will come to that in this case anyway. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Unlikely to use allocation, but for some reason if you don't get a ticket, head anyway, there will be spares about the night before for a game like this, and Cardiff centre is compact enough, visit a few pubs and ask for one and you would get sorted somewhere- there will be someone who pulled out of trip or had to cancel late, its just a matter of finding that person.  Don't ever let a lack of a ticket put you off going to a game, whatever chance you have of getting one in the match city venue, you have zero chance at home. I don't think it will come to that in this case anyway. 
Sound man, will get the application in anyway.
superp View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
just booked flight the other day with ryanair flying to bristol gameday early and back late friday €41. £16 return to cardiff on the bus
irish to the core
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Open today 17/07 - got the email earlier. Poland open too. €34 for Wales, no price for Poland yet.

That's €34 for a £26.50 ticket, which is very good considering how greedy the FAI normally are!
So, I assume the FAI are not all that optimistic about selling their quota?
Where are all the Footballing Family nowadays?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

That's €34 for a £26.50 ticket, which is very good considering how greedy the FAI normally are!
So, I assume the FAI are not all that optimistic about selling their quota?
Where are all the Footballing Family nowadays?

Yes a very good question where is the ‘football family’ these days 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm
How dare ye cast asparagus on the football family lads, you can be sure they are taking their allocated 40% of tickets, same as they do for every game. Well, they might if some FAI staff visit a few petrol stations between here & September, I think that's one of the strict ticket application procedures, just randomly meeting one of them in such an establishment. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Any word on a fans game for this one? Cracking game last time round even if we did lose 5-2 I think it was.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 1:22pm
where abouts are everyone staying/meeting up in Cardiff?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Pearse1879 Pearse1879 wrote:

where abouts are everyone staying/meeting up in Cardiff?
Anywhere near Mary St. In the Sandringham myself, boozers will be O'Neills or the Weatherspoons accross the street.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 52>
  Share Topic