Topic: Wales - Nations League - General Thread
Posted By: administrator
Subject: Wales - Nations League - General Thread
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 11:19pm
Thumbs Up

Replies:
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:32am
hopefully we can find a better meet up boozer than o'neills, cant wait for a return to the live lounge

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

hopefully we can find a better meet up boozer than o'neills, cant wait for a return to the live lounge

Cardiff City Centre wasn't really that big though was it?

I remember everyone used to pack into O'Neills and closing time everyone used to split off, I'd always end up on the street with Varsity and the 2 nightclubs on it but that seemed to be only it in Cardiff?

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:30pm

pints of bacardi for a fiver Thumbs Up

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

it was the 99p carling bottles that killed me

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:41pm

it was the 99p carling bottles that killed me

good spot, beats Coppers or Riordans lol

-------------

Posted By: keith11
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:58am
Can you block book tickets for this for about 20 people ?  Im trying to organise a trip to this for a club and want to take a coach of supporters .  Is it possible to order that many in one section and get them ?

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by keith11 keith11 wrote:

Can you block book tickets for this for about 20 people ?  Im trying to organise a trip to this for a club and want to take a coach of supporters .  Is it possible to order that many in one section and get them ?

not sure what maximum numbers of tickets which you can apply for via the Portal is.

Perhaps contact the FAI or Welsh FA closer to the date they should be able to give you a better answer.

Posted By: OscarDelta
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:47am
Spend time on a Wales fans board....................... helped with with France tickets :) for Belgium and also for 2 YBIGers for France game. Very grateful for those just not the results :(

Happy to suggest a fans game for both fixtures to them unless someone else has another direct contact ?

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 12:50pm

Can you block book tickets for this for about 20 people ?  Im trying to organise a trip to this for a club and want to take a coach of supporters .  Is it possible to order that many in one section and get them ?g

If we are in contention to qualify tickets will be like gold dust for this.

you couldnt pick a worse game from a ticket point of view.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 12:56pm

Can you block book tickets for this for about 20 people ?  Im trying to organise a trip to this for a club and want to take a coach of supporters .  Is it possible to order that many in one section and get them ?g

If we both in contention then likely FAW will seek to maximise cash...................33k v 75k fans is a no brainer.

Would be surprised even were they not in contention that FAW don't go to Millenium.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:09pm

For any of the other away games be no issue getting 20 tickets but I'd say be extremely lucky to get them for this game. It's going to be the most in demand game to start with and more so if we still in contention to qualify. Even if we aren't will be large numbers already booked to travel and our allocation be around 3000 if it's played in Cardiff city stadium

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

If we both in contention then likely FAW will seek to maximise cash...................33k v 75k fans is a no brainer.

Would be surprised even were they not in contention that FAW don't go to Millenium.

they moved away from the millenium so why would they go.back to suit us?

-------------

Posted By: DubCulture
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 2:00pm
CASH

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by NorthDubWFTA NorthDubWFTA wrote:

CASH

anyone assuming that the FAW will move the game just ro suit a few thousand paddys is mistaken

With Welsh football on a high now surely they would be cashing in by moving to the Millenium for their games this year?

why wait till next October and possibly give us an advantage by having thousands more in the stadium?

maybe they will move all their games but I doubt it

-------------

Posted By: DubCulture
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 2:19pm

CASH

anyone assuming that the FAW will move the game just ro suit a few thousand paddys is mistaken

With Welsh football on a high now surely they would be cashing in by moving to the Millenium for their games this year?

why wait till next October and possibly give us an advantage by having thousands more in the stadium?

The Ireland game would be a guaranteed sell out. Your not gonna get 80 odd thousand showing up to see the mighty moldova.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:12pm

CASH

They at this point in time have already announced the games this year will be in CCFC stadium.

Point will be for FAW is that if they going to qualify and know they will fill stadium then 40,000 @ 30 minimum a head is something to grab hold of.

Correct me if wrong but when we played France in 2005 FFF were limiting what we could have to circa 10%. They then opened up their ticket applications supposedly for French supporters and found that in the first 2 weeks  2/3 of applicants had Irish addresses. They then took a different view and got a full stadium.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

CASH

They at this point in time have already announced the games this year will be in CCFC stadium.

Point will be for FAW is that if they going to qualify and know they will fill stadium then 40,000 @ 30 minimum a head is something to grab hold of.

Correct me if wrong but when we played France in 2005 FFF were limiting what we could have to circa 10%. They then opened up their ticket applications supposedly for French supporters and found that in the first 2 weeks  2/3 of applicants had Irish addresses. They then took a different view and got a full stadium.

Massive difference, France always play in Stade Francais, they did not move stadiums to accommodate lots if Irish Fans.

Scotland would not give us any extra tickets even though the game was not a sell out in Glasgow, 

Wales will not move this game to give us extra tickets, if they are out of contention, tickets won;t be a problem, but if we are both in contention they will be like gold dust, and they will want to see as few Irish fans as possible. 

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 5:53pm
Ah but if they are in contention, and they think they can sell 67,000 tickets to Welsh fans, why wouldn't they move it to the Millennium?

7,500 tickets would sort us out in a way that 3,000 wouldn't.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:00pm
They couldn't even sell out the Cardiff City Stadium when they were top of their group, why would it change now LOL

They sold out Belgium cos why wouldn't you but then it took them until automatic qualification against Andorra to sell out again. 
When they were top of the group against Israel they did not sell out.

Welsh support is generally dire and only turn up when things are going well. In the World Cup '14 campaign they couldn't even get 5 figure attendances ffs. 

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah but if they are in contention, and they think they can sell 67,000 tickets to Welsh fans, why wouldn't they move it to the Millennium?

7,500 tickets would sort us out in a way that 3,000 wouldn't.

Well they were playing Israel last September and victory would guarantee there qualification and they didn't move the game, so why do you think they would do it for us?
Soccer is not the No 1 sport in Wales, they will not move the game, because they wont sell 67,000 tickets or anywhere near that to their own fans,

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:06pm
I don't think they necessarily will and I don't think they would move it just for us: but the final game in a group, with a team who just made the semis of the Euros, might well be a big enough game.

It won't be clear closer to the time, anyway. The likelihood of both us being in contention for the top two at that stage is slim enough, I reckon. Either Austria or Serbia will most likely be above one of us come then.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:32pm

I don't think they necessarily will and I don't think they would move it just for us: but the final game in a group, with a team who just made the semis of the Euros, might well be a big enough game.

It won't be clear closer to the time, anyway. The likelihood of both us being in contention for the top two at that stage is slim enough, I reckon. Either Austria or Serbia will most likely be above one of us come then.

Back to the original question, do you think a lad has a chance of getting 20 tickets for this game?

Im not a gambler but my money would be on him not getting tickets......

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:35pm

Back to the original question, do you think a lad has a chance of getting 20 tickets for this game?

Has anybody asked him if he is on good terms with John Delaney or not ?

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Has anybody asked him if he is on good terms with John Delaney or not ?

if he was would he be on here asking about tickets Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:21pm
FAW have just confirmed their venues for the campaign.

All matches will be played at Cardiff City Stadium. However the venues against Republic of Ireland and Austria are yet to be confirmed 

Worth nothing they're selling their season tickets for £120 as the top price. £80 in the CCS Canton Stand where the Cardiff City supporters like to go. If they choose to stay at the CCS there will be an almighty scrap for tickets.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:24pm

if he was would he be on here asking about tickets Wink

LOL so true

Did FAI ever tell anybody what happened to all the backpocket tickets ?

TD's register of members interests will be "interesting" next year, course some Journo with time on hands might like to write to them all including MEPs.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 10:58pm

Welsh FA hedging here, it looks very much like they are adopting a 'wait & see' approach to moving the Austria & Ireland games to the Principality stadium in 2017. 

They play Moldova, Georgia & Serbia at home this year, with all respect to them, even allowing for increased Welsh ticket demand, none of them exactly huge crowd pullers. 

To ask another question to the above, they have the opportunity right now to declare they will be playing us (& Austria) in Cardiff City stadium right now, but they didn't confirm it, that would suggest the thought of moving these 2 fixtures to the bigger stadium is very much on the table. 

And they will likely be in contention too, or at least, won't be out of contention by Sept 2017 when next years rounds of fixtures kick off. 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-officially-snub-return-principality-11639666" rel="nofollow - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-officially-snub-return-principality-11639666

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Welsh FA hedging here, it looks very much like they are adopting a 'wait & see' approach to moving the Austria & Ireland games to the Principality stadium in 2017. 

They play Moldova, Georgia & Serbia at home this year, with all respect to them, even allowing for increased Welsh ticket demand, none of them exactly huge crowd pullers. 

To ask another question to the above, they have the opportunity right now to declare they will be playing us (& Austria) in Cardiff City stadium right now, but they didn't confirm it, that would suggest the thought of moving these 2 fixtures to the bigger stadium is very much on the table. 

And they will likely be in contention too, or at least, won't be out of contention by Sept 2017 when next years rounds of fixtures kick off. 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-officially-snub-return-principality-11639666" rel="nofollow - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-officially-snub-return-principality-11639666

Is it not possible they may play in Swansea either?

The prudent view would surely be that the game will be played in the smaller stadium and we will get the bare minimum number of tickets.

Anyone looking at just one away this campaign really would be advised to pick one of the other aways.

Then if we do get an increased allocation it is a bonus.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 11:39pm

The prudent view would surely be that the game will be played in the smaller stadium and we will get the bare minimum number of tickets.

Anyone looking at just one away this campaign really would be advised to pick one of the other aways.

Swansea is 20,000 seater.

Wales struggled with Millenium (Now Principality) because reality was their results were awful and people didn't want to pay to watch them.

Of the 3 games now 1 is on same day as Wales home rugby game, 1 is couple of days after monster truck fest at Principality Stadium and only game where Stadium really clear is when home to Georgia.

So despite the hype its understandable why at CCFC ground.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:36am

The 'follow the money' view says this game (and Austria) will be in the Principality stadium providing Wales are in contention for spot 1 or 2, which at the very least, mathematically, they should be in early 2017. 

The Welsh FA could have easily conformed all games for Cardiff City when they released that statement, they didn't, and to me, that tells its own story. 

-------------

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:48am

You're right but on the other hand I'm struggling to convince myself that it's worth the spend to go to every game in this or any campaign when I know there'll be so many one gamers ahead of me in the queue for Wales and I've no way to follow what points I have or where I am in the queue. Why should anyone go to every game in a campaign if they can't be sure of a ticket to the last unless they kiss ass and when they're guaranteed to be overtaken by one gamers? The more I think about it the more I want to cancel my flights and my season ticket...but I'll probably finish the course and then decide to never do it again. It's pure f#cking ridiculous. (vino veritas)

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: gwernybwch
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 4:49pm

The 'follow the money' view says this game (and Austria) will be in the Principality stadium providing Wales are in contention for spot 1 or 2, which at the very least, mathematically, they should be in early 2017. 

The Welsh FA could have easily conformed all games for Cardiff City when they released that statement, they didn't, and to me, that tells its own story. 

Welsh fan in peace.

The decision as to whether Wales plays at the Principality isn't just about money.
The Manager, coaching staff and some players (including Aaron Ramsey) have all said that they prefer playing at the CCS. Essentially it is a football stadium and it creates a football stadium atmosphere which many attribute as being one of the reasons for our recent increase in fortunes. The playing surface is way better at the CCS. The vast majority of the 'hard core' fans want to remain at the CCS. The FAW's coffers are full following Euro 2016, so there isn't a financial necessity to play at the Principality.
Personally, I think that if we are still in it / need to get something out of the game and it is deemed that there is the slightest advantage of us playing at the CCS, the Ireland game will be at the CCS.

The FAW have to play at least one football match as the Principality before the Champions League Final in June 2017, after that game I think that we will have a better understanding of what the FAW are thinking.

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
hopefully we are still in the hunt by this stage 

those of us who do the 3 aways this year and georgia should be top of the pile for tickets? no?

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

those of us who do the 3 aways this year and georgia should be top of the pile for tickets? no?

We should have been top of the pile for Glasgow as well so who knows...

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm

Do you have a season ticket? If not, forget it.

I'll have, in theory, a perfect points record come this game, but I'm still going to attempt to buy a home ticket. I've no faith that tickets will be distributed fairly.

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:33pm

hopefully we are still in the hunt by this stage 

Well are you going the home games aswell ? Id love to be able to do all the aways but work and family come 1st

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Do you have a season ticket? If not, forget it.

I'll have, in theory, a perfect points record come this game, but I'm still going to attempt to buy a home ticket. I've no faith that tickets will be distributed fairly.

yeah i have 2 ST's 
only missed Georgia away from last campaign didnt get official FAI for Scotland game but was in Ireland section, my first ever away game at what is my home ground 

i'll also buy a home ticket and have people in cardiff that will assist but will cause a fuss if record is perfect and dont get 

Posted By: rcronin2016
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:49pm
From the March fixtures the group will start to take shape that is when they will probably confirm the venue for the game my guess is that the game will be played in the Cardiff city stadium. Hopefully there might be a home game for Cardiff blues against one of the home provinces wouldn't mind going to a pro 12 game on the Saturday or Sunday 

Posted By: Welsh Ben
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:14pm
Another Welsh fan here

It is difficult to predict which stadium this game will be played in. The regular fans, coaches, players and most people here want it kept in the Cardiff City Stadium, as we feel it is all round more suitable for football and for us at the moment. However, the people who make the final decision seemto want us to move. Of course our group situation will have an influence, but we're not sure which way. If we're in with a shout of qualifying, we would likely have the demand for tickets, but the coaches and players would probably request/demand staying the the CCS as they prefer it. And just to clarify, there is almost a 0% chance of would be moved to Swansea!

As for drinking it Cardiff, it's more spread out than some cities I have seen. There is the region by O'Neils, walkabout and Prince of Wales wetherspoons, then there is the region near the castle with Lloyds bar, tiger tiger and other bars. Also, if the game is in the CCS there are a number of bars in Canton nearer the stadium.

If I can think of anymore advice I will post it here. Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me I here or message me

Posted By: manulike
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 10:03pm
The bar at the Cardiff City stadium was open from 6.30pm on match day for our Moldova game.
Sadly, being a Monday, people arrived late and were still at the bar til after the anthems...

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 9:20pm
Got chatting to 2 Welsh lads who were on our flight back,they said they worked for the Welsh FA and were sent to take a look at us,i asked about the venue and both of them said it will be in the Cardiff city stadium 100%

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Got chatting to 2 Welsh lads who were on our flight back,they said they worked for the Welsh FA and were sent to take a look at us,i asked about the venue and both of them said it will be in the Cardiff city stadium 100%

Defo start a ticket list so . Imagine exactly a year to the day most of us will be making our way back to Ireland after this game . I know your going back to Austria

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:29pm
It looks like your boys at the FAI are pressing us for a 10% mutual allocation and from the last meeting of the FSF with FAW, seems like we will go with it! This will be finalised when the two FA meet this Autumn.
The numbers talked of, considering segregation etc:
we get circa 4500
you get circa 3000

See minutes here - http://www.fsfwales.co.uk/category/meetings/" rel="nofollow - http://www.fsfwales.co.uk/category/meetings/

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm
Great news

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:02pm
Not so great news in a way.

If you read it neither FA's  pushing for the venue to be moved to the Millennium. It specifically said the FAI are requesting 4500 tickets.

Depending on where we are in the group at the time when tickets go on sale, on the panic scale Glasgow has the potential to be nothing compared to what this could be LOL 

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Not so great news in a way.

If you read it neither FA's are not pushing for the venue to be moved to the Millennium. It specifically said the FAI are requesting 4500 tickets.

Depending on where we are in the group at the time when tickets go on sale, on the panic scale Glasgow has the potential to be nothing compared to what this could be LOL 

No it says fai are pushing for 10% and if this is agreed wales will get around 4500 tickets.

If get 10% we will get around 3300 tickets if played in Cardiff city stadium

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:07pm
So it did sorry. I was reading from our perspective not theirs Embarrassed

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 4:37am
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

It looks like your boys at the FAI are pressing us for a 10% mutual allocation and from the last meeting of the FSF with FAW, seems like we will go with it! This will be finalised when the two FA meet this Autumn.
we get circa 4500
you get circa 3000

See minutes here - http://www.fsfwales.co.uk/category/meetings/" rel="nofollow - http://www.fsfwales.co.uk/category/meetings/

MUL, ye buckos have an FA that has meetings, discusses relevant topics & issues minutes & details of the actual meeting ?????????

WTF ???

It simply wouldn't catch on around here. On a side note, I sincerely hope Mr Alex Eagle, whomever he may be, is actually the man on the Welsh FA board that specialises in all things legal, it would somehow seen right. If indeed, this proves to be the case (pun intended) , I am calling on our own SuperDave to change his username to DaveEagle. 

-------------

Posted By: CaroG
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 4:48pm

we get circa 4500
you get circa 3000

MUL, ye buckos have an FA that has meetings, discusses relevant topics & issues minutes & details of the actual meeting ?????????

WTF ???

It simply wouldn't catch on around here. On a side note, I sincerely hope Mr Alex Eagle, whomever he may be, is actually the man on the Welsh FA board that specialises in all things legal, it would somehow seen right. If indeed, this proves to be the case (pun intended) , I am calling on our own SuperDave to change his username to DaveEagle. 

I was just thinking the same about how refreshing it was to read their minutes of a meeting

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 6:45pm
Interesting read looking for 10% and getting 10% are two very different things.
Welcome as 10% would be, we all know 10% will not sort out us for Cardiff as Stadia will sell out to Welsh fans members and rightly so.
Unlike Glasgow Cardiff City holds 33000 Wales will easily sell the other 30000. There will be very few Irish in home end.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Welcome as 10% would be, we all know 10% will not sort out us for Cardiff as Stadia will sell out to Welsh fans members and rightly so.
Unlike Glasgow Cardiff City holds 33000 Wales will easily sell the other 30000. There will be very few Irish in home end.

Fact is if the game is played in Cardiff city stadium there will most likely be Irish without tickets it's up to the fai to ensure those most deserving get a ticket from the 10% allocation

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 7:06pm

we get circa 4500
you get circa 3000

WTF ???

Association of Tartan Army clubs meetings SFA also available for public view,

I am sure the minutes of the  (FAI approved) Confed meeting with FAI wil be published in due course............................ LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we get circa 4500
you get circa 3000

WTF ???

Association of Tartan Army clubs meetings SFA also available for public view,

I am sure the minutes of the  (FAI approved) Confed meeting with FAI wil be published in due course............................ LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
It will all be revealed when they have enough for a box set LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:07pm

Well if Irish fans pay the £10 membership to FAW there is nothing stopping them from buying a ticket in the home end.

Fact is if the game is played in Cardiff city stadium there will most likely be Irish without tickets it's up to the fai to ensure those most deserving get a ticket from the 10% allocation
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

The £10 membership payment could well be worth a punt.Somehow I think that there could be 15000 ahead of newcomers in their points system as each member is entitled to 2 tickets. Still worth sticking £10 on it. Join today buy 1 for Serbia and Austria Tickets sell on eBay even at at a loss.Between 2 lads not a big outlay

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:39pm

Well if Irish fans pay the £10 membership to FAW there is nothing stopping them from buying a ticket in the home end.

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

The £10 membership payment could well be worth a punt.Somehow I think that there could be 15000 ahead of newcomers in their points system as each member is entitled to 2 tickets. Still worth sticking £10 on it. Join today buy 1 for Serbia and Austria Tickets sell on eBay even at at a loss.Between 2 lads not a big outlay

!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm
Any idea how many members they have?

Anyone who has not been to a fair few aways could do worse than trying this.

Hard to judge, the fact that it is a Monday night, and no accommodation available may drastically reduce the numbers. Also there was a general feeling that tickets would be easy to come by for Glasgow, and everyone did get a ticket even if in the home end, the fact that people are already looking at a ticket problem will IMO stop a lot of people booking.

Glasgow was a Friday night and plenty of accommodation at reasonable prices.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:08pm

Hard to judge, the fact that it is a Monday night, and no accommodation available may drastically reduce the numbers. Also there was a general feeling that tickets would be easy to come by for Glasgow, and everyone did get a ticket even if in the home end, the fact that people are already looking at a ticket problem will IMO stop a lot of people booking.

A Stadium 1/2 the size of Park head .... so less home end tickets . The only reason the majority got into the game in Glasgow was we bought home end tickets . Monday night will have no impact on numbers travelling to Wales as it's an easy destination with cheap routes . The amount of people I know that have booked it up already is crazy . Also we only have 1 away (easy) next year . I know we have Georgia but you can't do it cheap and quick and this will put a lot off and put more pressure for tickets for Wales .

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

A Stadium 1/2 the size of Park head .... so less home end tickets . The only reason the majority got into the game in Glasgow was we bought home end tickets . Monday night will have no impact on numbers travelling to Wales as it's an easy destination with cheap routes . The amount of people I know that have booked it up already is crazy . Also we only have 1 away (easy) next year . I know we have Georgia but you can't do it cheap and quick and this will put a lot off and put more pressure for tickets for Wales .

I agree with you about it being relatively easy to get to, but there is a massive lack of hotel / hostel beds,  
And the prices are crazy

Anyone without a pretty good away record and a ST is not likely to get tickets IMO, given we will have less than we got fr Vienna.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:29pm
They have large number of tournament ticket holders alot more than we have season ticket holders

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They have large number of tournament ticket holders alot more than we have season ticket holders

I can see them not putting any tickets on general sale, trying to keep them out of our hands, I just hope we can do the same, but i doubt if we will sell out LR, and they will have no problem buying up tickets for here.

Anyone planning on going, needs to join a SC or FD now, IMO to have any chance of tickets, if we are in the running at this stage.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 10:55pm

I can see them not putting any tickets on general sale, trying to keep them out of our hands, I just hope we can do the same, but i doubt if we will sell out LR, and they will have no problem buying up tickets for here.

Anyone planning on going, needs to join a SC or FD now, IMO to have any chance of tickets, if we are in the running at this stage.

If I join up and don't get a ticket will you give me yours ?

Not a hope of getting a ticket off FD or a SC . 1st away game I'll have a Wales ticket !

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:00pm

If I join up and don't get a ticket will you give me yours ?

Not a hope of getting a ticket off FD or a SC . 1st away game I'll have a Wales ticket !

Depends which club you join I suppose.

Our club will allocate tickets based on number of aways this campaign, so unlikely as we won't even apply for members if it's their only away of the campaign. 

Most clubs have systems in place for allocating tickets, to the best of my knowledge.

If it's your first away and you have a Wales ticket sorted already, congratulations ClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:23pm

Although it is very humbling to see the interest from you seasoned tournament goers, wanting to join our one-off, once is 58 years, lucky semi-finalists ...
Please note, we have 18,500 tournament ticket holders and 29,000 Gold Members already ;-)
Also, there were less than 500 tickets open to the general public for our Moldova match, and none at all for the Serbia match coming up.

That said, even if you do join our ranks, there is a queuing system whereby first stage priority (for one additional ticket) is given to 2x campaigns tournament ticket holders, then current campaign tournament ticket holders and only at stage 3 to Gold Members.  

PS - our Tournament Tickets are no longer on sale, as they already cover all 5 home qualifiers (cost between £80-£120) so they are not Season tickets, like your own...

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:26pm

FAW won't be to take off tickets off General sale.
They have their own eTicketing website but Cardiff City ticket office also sell tickets, so if you're living in the UK there's an alternative.

But they said half-tournament ticket sales which include matches against Austria and Ireland could come in, which will undoubtedly swell the numbers making it harder to get Home tickets

The Canton Stand where the diehard Cardiff City supporters go and the Ninian stand where the recently built upper tier is priced at only £30-£25 per game is absurdly cheap which is why they're bringing the bigger numbers

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 7:43am
They won't make general sale even if they can't qualify its an international derby they will sell their 30k without public sale. They know public same means loads of Irish

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
If we are BOTH still in contention then yes there will be a huge issue for tickets.

However home end tickets for Wales games are not that difficult to source.  Belgium last year was no problem for Belgian fans appreciate they have qualified for a tournament since.  

Another difference from Glasgow is that there were a lot of buses that regularly go to Celtic Park particularly from north of the border that ran for that game.  I doubt there are any regular buses to Cardiff for games.   Of course you can still book the ferry run the bus, organise break points etc but the logistics become that it more difficult to figure out.  

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:18am
We have 2 seats left on a 16 seater going from Bristol Airport on Sunday 8th October collecting us off the 14.45 Ryan Air flight.
We are returning on the 10th to Bristol Airport @ 17.00 for the 21.10 Ryan Air flight to Dublin. €30 return if we get the 2 more required to fill the bus.

If we 23+ we can get at 29 for €25 return.
We can organise a bigger bus for return flight if needed as from looking at website this flight is more expensive therefore more popular.Price would depend on numbers

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:21am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

If we are BOTH still in contention then yes there will be a huge issue for tickets.

However home end tickets for Wales games are not that difficult to source.  Belgium last year was no problem for Belgian fans appreciate they have qualified for a tournament since.  

Another difference from Glasgow is that there were a lot of buses that regularly go to Celtic Park particularly from north of the border that ran for that game.  I doubt there are any regular buses to Cardiff for games.   Of course you can still book the ferry run the bus, organise break points etc but the logistics become that it more difficult to figure out.  

As per usual we probably won't know our faith until the last game and it just so happens to be Wales . If we are taking 4-5k to Vienna you would imagine we will have the same demand or more for a crunch game that has easy access routes .

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:21pm

We have 2 seats left on a 16 seater going from Bristol Airport on Sunday 8th October collecting us off the 14.45 Ryan Air flight.
We are returning on the 10th to Bristol Airport @ 17.00 for the 21.10 Ryan Air flight to Dublin. €30 return if we get the 2 more required to fill the bus.

We can organise a bigger bus for return flight if needed as from looking at website this flight is more expensive therefore more popular.Price would depend on numbers

How are youable to book Ryanair flights at this stage as they don't seem to be taking bookings for flights after March 2017.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: ybigeejit
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

How are youable to book Ryanair flights at this stage as they don't seem to be taking bookings for flights after March 2017.

They are. Just had a look there

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:33pm

Flights around the dates of the game being available on Ryanair website for last few weeks. Alot have already got them booked for the trip

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm
Birmigham and Bristol flights available. 44 quids return to Birmingham I booked the other day

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:38pm
Lads had problems with I Phones getting callender to go that far ahead.Try deleting App and install again or use PC or labtop

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Birmigham and Bristol flights available. 44 quids return to Birmingham I booked the other day

Please don't say you are on the midday flight around 1pm

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:44pm

Nope out the Sunday 06.25. i knew the flight you were on so avoided it like the plagueThumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

As per usual we probably won't know our faith until the last game and it just so happens to be Wales . If we are taking 4-5k to Vienna you would imagine we will have the same demand or more for a crunch game that has easy access routes .

It's no different than most western Europe destinations.

For late bookers it will be flights to the likes of London and 3 hour transfers

The ferry to holyhead takes 90 mins and probably 4 / 5 hours by bus with stops etc.

And Cardiff has very little accommodation in comparison to Paris Amsterdam Lisbon etc

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm
If you have yet to book Hotels try Air B&B or look at Bristol and travel up match day

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:22pm

Nope out the Sunday 06.25. i knew the flight you were on so avoided it like the plagueThumbs Up
Good thinking

Posted By: de scientist
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:05pm

im on that flight i can buy ya more imaginary pints and phillyk will give ya a pre flight hug

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm

Tickets for Wales v Serbia next month sold out before they even made it to General sale, not a chance will this make it to general sale will be lucky to get tickets in the home end even with the membership imo

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:23pm
I am looking on the laptop and booking dates won't go beyond March. It was the same a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to book!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:26pm
I see Bristol is up. I was looking for Cardiff flights.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm

I am looking on the laptop and booking dates won't go beyond March. It was the same a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to book!

Just got Dub - Birm up there no issues for October

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm

I see Bristol is up. I was looking for Cardiff flights.
Only Aer Lingus fly direct to cardiff, Ryanair is Bristol and Birmingham

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:31pm
Flybe fly direct not open yet Birmingham airport has Train Station which makes it a viable option. Also has a better service for flights home only one from Bristol and that is €108 at the moment

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:34pm
Cars can be hired for as little as 30STG at Birminham airport also if you check out travelsupermarket 

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm
If Wales home end tickets go on sale before the September games, they'll sell out. There will be four games to go at that stage, so there's no way they'll be out, bar the improbable possibility of them losing their next three games.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm
Bit of a nightmare trying to get to Birmingham airport from Cardiff. Most train journeys have two or three changes and then a bus to do the last leg. You'd nearly be as well off flying into Heathrow and a train from Paddington at that rate. Will wait and see what price Aer Fungus puts up.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:41pm

Cars can be hired for as little as 30STG at Birminham airport also if you check out trav
elsupermarket 

An option if you have a team total mate me I would be far to seedy to drive the Tuesday.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:49pm

Cars can be hired for as little as 30STG at Birminham airport also if you check out trav
elsupermarket 

An option if you have a team total mate me I would be far to seedy to five the Tuesday.
You might want to reread that and make a few changesLOL

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:18pm

Bit of a nightmare trying to get to Birmingham airport from Cardiff. Most train journeys have two or three changes and then a bus to do the last leg. You'd nearly be as well off flying into Heathrow and a train from Paddington at that rate. Will wait and see what price Aer Fungus puts up.

RL it's usually only one change at Birmingham new street which is the main station though two on a Sunday

Still prefer it than a bus from Bristol

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:18pm

Cardiff Central to Birmingham New St is only 2 hours direct train.Then about 10 mins from New St to the airport station ,trains every ten minutes or less at peak.

Its straightforward.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:27pm
And provided you set off after 09:30am, the maximum cost of a return ticket is less than 60 sterling. It's not that cheap and there are advance tickets for less but it's not outrageously expensive either.

-------------

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:32pm

elsupermarket 

An option if you have a team total mate me I would be far to seedy to five the Tuesday.
You might want to reread that and make a few changesLOL

He's obviously not 'team total'

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:33pm
Looking at the NR site there seems to be tickets usually available for around £20(booked in advance) and the train out to airport is £3/3:60.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:42pm

Good few have booked the afternoon flight home from Birmingham on the Tuesday so a private transfer could be sorted. From looking online can get 1 for around £13.

Birmingham airport easy enough to get to and should offer cheap alternative for people

-------------

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 5:23pm

Only Aer Lingus fly direct to cardiff, Ryanair is Bristol and Birmingham

Aer Lingus are ending their Cardiff flights. Only direct options to Cardiff will be Flybe from Dublin or Belfast City.

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:50pm
At the risk of starting another pickpocket panic thread but for the people going straight into Cardiff via train I do recommend having your wits about you down in the Train Station.

It might sound a bit obvious but let's be honest, Cardiff City fans aren't the friendliest bunch and I remember going down for the friendly a few year ago there was a massive non-footballing incident in there so it can be disorderly 

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:54pm
I've been warned about France for the Euros Rangers fan, Rangers Tribute act fans, Mini Huns (Motherwell)fans,diet Huns (Hearts)fans, Aberdeen fans great Craic Croatia fans best session ever with them raging we were not permitted into their114 for want of a better word. Outside of LR riot only ever seen trouble once outside Swine Castle. One way in one way out from away fans under a narrow railway bridge with f**k all if any Police. Bosnia was supposed to be rough a great away trip.
There was no trouble in Cardiff when Belguim played there and there fans make Shamrock Rovers fans look like girl guides.
Our reputation precedes us. I can't see any trouble there.
Other than Welsh Derby they play English clubs all the time. I'd say they have great craic every home game.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net