You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:46pm
Mclarens was savage the night before the match last time around. Think we stumbled out of the epic karaoke session at 7 in the morning. There was also that dodgy bar a few doors down where we were drinking potent long island iced teas.
Sponsored Links

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Mclarens was savage the night before the match last time around. Think we stumbled out of the epic karaoke session at 7 in the morning. There was also that dodgy bar a few doors down where we were drinking potent long island iced teas.

Was in that dodgey bar too, Jesus the drinks were like paint stripper Dead
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:26am
Any ideas when we'll hear about tickets for this? I imagine the "city centre location" is the team hotel?
Danger here, OH NO
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:39pm
Email out now. Collect in Marriott courtyard the Friday or at stadium from noon Saturday
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
"Failure to collect your ticket(s) will result in the game(record) being removed from your FAI ticketing account. In addition, you will be required to collect any tickets you purchase for the next away game in the Host City"

Good to see
Danger here, OH NO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

"Failure to collect your ticket(s) will result in the game(record) being removed from your FAI ticketing account. In addition, you will be required to collect any tickets you purchase for the next away game in the Host City"

Good to see
So 600 fans have this sinking feeling as they cant travel due to whatever reason they can think of .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:25pm
Next ''away" game could technically be in Dublin in June.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:17pm

Good to see

+ 1

Long overdue.  Hopefully this becomes the norm. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Good to see

+ 1

Jessica Fletcher has been called due to the spate of deaths that has happened to relatives of irish fans who were planning on travelling to Tbilisi but now cant
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Good to see

+ 1

Jessica Fletcher has been called due to the spate of deaths that has happened to relatives of irish fans who were planning on travelling to Tbilisi but now cant

Jessica Fletcher, television’s cleverest serial killer.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:54pm
Doesn’t go far enough in my opinion. Points should also be docked from your account for being a chancer
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Doesn’t go far enough in my opinion. Points should also be docked from your account for being a chancer

In theory yes, but then there will be genuine cases of people who couldn't go for real reasons.  The bit just becomes and excuse fest that would be impossible to sort.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:16pm

You're a right little Hitler aren't you
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:58am

Good to see

Would it not be much easier for them to get McGlue to hack the phones of all the applicants in the week leading up to suss their whereabouts and travel plans? They could save on travel expenses 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

In theory yes, but then there will be genuine cases of people who couldn't go for real reasons.  The bit just becomes and excuse fest that would be impossible to sort.

I appreciate there are always a few genuine cases but the vast majority of no-shows never intended travelling.  We've had 50% no-shows for games in Georgia, Moldova & Serbia recently.  The number of tickets sold for Antalya, Cardiff, Wroclaw & Aarhus was pretty much in line with those the numbers in the stadium.  Harvesting seems to be common when we look like we might qualify for something.  

I know of genuine cases of people missing flights and other reasons 

I know I'm tempting fate here as I have 3 separate flights from Dublin to Tbilisi tomorrow/Friday.   
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I appreciate there are always a few genuine cases but the vast majority of no-shows never intended travelling.  We've had 50% no-shows for games in Georgia, Moldova & Serbia recently.  The number of tickets sold for Antalya, Cardiff, Wroclaw & Aarhus was pretty much in line with those the numbers in the stadium.  Harvesting seems to be common when we look like we might qualify for something.  

I know I'm tempting fate here as I have 3 separate flights from Dublin to Tbilisi tomorrow/Friday.   

i have had to drop out of this one and accept the penalty being levied, i am citing work reasons as a colleagues parent has passed away and i need to do presentations to those on high, lost £300 on flights but ok on hotel  but i agree with the points above, why didnt they do this for belgrade moldova and tbilisi first time around, it is a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted

just give us 3 points now 

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

i have had to drop out of this one and accept the penalty being levied, i am citing work reasons as a colleagues parent has passed away and i need to do presentations to those on high, lost £300 on flights but ok on hotel  but i agree with the points above, why didnt they do this for belgrade moldova and tbilisi first time around, it is a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted

You can contact them to tell them you're not going and you won't be penalised. And you'll get your €2 back!
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

I agree gspain, it would just become impractical for TO if it was a policy of "points docked unless you  have a valid excuse that we can verify", but would be very unfair if someone was docked points because they missed a flight (which could also easily be a position I'm in come Saturday!! Sleepy).

I think the very fact that they have done what they have done for Georgia, presuming it becomes standard policy, will immediately make it pointless to order tickets for games you're not going to.  Though the fact they didnt do it for Switzerland means it still far from clear that it is standard policy.

Edited by Mr_T - 09 Oct 2019 at 1:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849>
  Share Topic