You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:05am
ALL tickets will be pick up in Tbilisi. Ticket office confirmed this yesterday
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

and what about ones that aren't doing Georgia how will they get the swiss tickets
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

and what about ones that aren't doing Georgia how will they get the swiss tickets

They haven't sent emails out yet so wait for them and they'll explain it all
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:11pm

I meant all tickets for the Georgia game
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:31pm

I meant all tickets for the Georgia game
ah right.Thumbs Up
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:47pm
Email at 23.36 stating tickets are collection in Georgia fri and Saturday . Get out clause for the harvesters with a if you no longer intend to travel link attached 

Edited by Pauldaly1984 - 01 Oct 2019 at 12:27am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:00am
Yeah though I assume you don't get your money back and you don't get loyalty points. Same as if you don't collect the tickets over there, except this way you save some poor FAI shmoe having to sit in a box outside the stadium until half an hour in.

If you've ordered tickets and aren't going, don't be a d*ck, and tell the FAI now.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:12pm
https://www.yr.no/place/Georgia/Tbilisi/Tbilisi/long.html

Tbilisi on matchday Saturday is a hot 21dgs. 

Also, with it being a 5pm start time and I'm assuming it'll be a pickup at the ground like Gibraltar, I'd be out there early, as there's lots of pubs close to the ground. Secondly, The JAX situation isn't great in the stadium from memory, so heat, gargle, and lack of sleep would mean getting a boozer early in the day around the stadium, in case of emergencies. It's about 20 minutes from the centre by taxi to the ground, and what a ride. 

Anyone thinking of hanging a flag, be aware, they have a steep wall behind the goal, with some sort of coating on it, so we struggled to get the flags to hang properly the last time, even using the empty seats behind to tie them. Suggest bringing a roll of masking tape or extra twine to tie your flags.

Apres match is the usual nightmare getting back into town, so hailing a taxi is a farce. Take a local bus heading towards  the  town centre , or walk which takes around an hour at best. There's plenty of great boozers around Freedom Square, rather than the Hanger or McClaren's Bar. Even cheaper from memory.

Go and see this mad clock on the hour. Locals love it. Location is beside the Hangar Bar.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.yr.no/place/Georgia/Tbilisi/Tbilisi/long.html

Tbilisi on matchday Saturday is a hot 21dgs. 

Also, with it being a 5pm start time and I'm assuming it'll be a pickup at the ground like Gibraltar, I'd be out there early, as there's lots of pubs close to the ground. Secondly, The JAX situation isn't great in the stadium from memory, so heat, gargle, and lack of sleep would mean getting a boozer early in the day around the stadium, in case of emergencies. It's about 20 minutes from the centre by taxi to the ground, and what a ride. 

Anyone thinking of hanging a flag, be aware, they have a steep wall behind the goal, with some sort of coating on it, so we struggled to get the flags to hang properly the last time, even using the empty seats behind to tie them. Suggest bringing a roll of masking tape or extra twine to tie your flags.

Apres match is the usual nightmare getting back into town, so hailing a taxi is a farce. Take a local bus heading towards  the  town centre , or walk which takes around an hour at best. There's plenty of great boozers around Freedom Square, rather than the Hanger or McClaren's Bar. Even cheaper from memory.

Go and see this mad clock on the hour. Locals love it. Location is beside the Hangar Bar.

You'll have the option to pickup on friday (location tbc) or Saturday at the stadium so wouldnt be too worried about going out early.
As for getting there, bus or metro your best bet.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:49pm
There's a metro stop around the corner from the stadium and there's a metro station about five minutes walk from the Hangar bar. If you can't get a taxi, get the metro.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:51pm
Don't remember seeing any pubs near the ground, but bought cold cans out the shop where the taxi's drop you on both previous trips for the pre match drink.

Jax are atrocious. Potacabins shared with the home fans and over flowing with piss. If you need a dump, forget it.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 03 Oct 2019 at 7:52pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Don't remember seeing any pubs near the ground, but bought cold cans out the shop where the taxi's drop you on both previous trips for the pre match drink.

Jax are atrocious. Potacabins shared with the home fans and over flowing with piss. If you need a dump, forget it.

Easier said than done LOL
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

No toilet roll is what I remember, had to hit the hotdog stand for tissue.

Beware. Fail to.prepare
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:17pm
The metro in Tbilisi is f**king class and I won't be missing it.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

I'm kinda intrigued now as to what is so exciting about this metro.... Big smile
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

I'm kinda intrigued now as to what is so exciting about this metro.... Big smile

It's dirt cheap. Other than that it's a standard metro. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:55pm
Well, it's also reaaaalllly deep underground. The escalators are quite long.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:48pm
I always avoid subways if it's unbearably hot weather. New York and London are ****ish in the height of summer. 

Never been on the Tbilisi metro.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 49>
  Share Topic