You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 88>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vienna - November 12th 2016 - General Thread
    Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Very good video put up by Charlie P's about the game day - Particularly enjoyed Sham talking about that fan's game that he didn't go to LOL
I somehow thought I was sober doing that live broadcast at the time. Clearly mistakenEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:01pm
Very good video put up by Charlie P's about the game day - Particularly enjoyed Sham talking about that fan's game that he didn't go to LOL
Smidger View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smidger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:52pm

A bit of Throwback Thursday on the cards tomorrow

11 o’clock our time, 10 in Ireland, we’ll put up a wee video on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/CharliePsVienna - www.facebook.com/CharliePsVienna) of some highlights of that epic weekend!

If you’re lucky(?!) you might just spot yourself on there!

Thanks again to all, you all made it a v special few days. 

The locals and the staff still talking about it plenty :)

Cheers

Ro

Edited by Smidger - 11 Jan 2017 at 3:53pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Think maybe its time the auld lad n veteran traveller (as in me) left the two young lads (as in 2 sons) off on the lash on their own. I might google some OAP establishment next time.

PS on a serious note well done to GUFC and anyone else who highlighted Dubliner before. I didnt realise it was such a kip. LESSON LEARNED :)
Tis a real pity that you had that bad experience there but you are not the only 1, i think of all the places and bars the Irish fans have been this sh*thole is the only 1 to get bad reviews we are lucky enough that everywhere we go (bar that kip) we are well recieved and treated accordingly 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 2:17pm
Think maybe its time the auld lad n veteran traveller (as in me) left the two young lads (as in 2 sons) off on the lash on their own. I might google some OAP establishment next time.

PS on a serious note well done to GUFC and anyone else who highlighted Dubliner before. I didnt realise it was such a kip. LESSON LEARNED :)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Only getting around to reflecting on the trip now as came back from Vienna and was away with work for the week the next morning.
Had been to Vienna before briefly when going to the Slovakia game in Zilina but have to echo the comments about it being a great city : Really regretted only heading out there early on Saturday morning (Something that defo caught up with me on Saturday night !!). Great effort from Big Podge and the lads at the fans game even though it was Baltic cold ! Charlie P's was good before the game : As mentioned, very good service. Obviously, the outcome of the game had a big bearing on the trip but I thought it was great to see the team play with confidence and believe they could win. 
Before the game, headed into the toilets and was joining in with the "He never cheats, he never lies..." song when some lad took exception to this and told us Delaney was great and we knew nothing : Took please in putting across my alternative opinion to him !
Headed into Flanagans after the game as Charlie's weren't letting anybody in : Was a good laugh in there. 
Already counting down the days to the next away trip !
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places ? 
Dubliner was highlighted plenty of times here  

Yes, I Google every pub and restaurant before I enter it and read every page of ybig to see what potential danger awaits me, amazed everyone else doesn't go the same

Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:27pm

don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places

Yes, I Google every pub and restaurant before I enter it and read every page of ybig to see what potential danger awaits me, amazed everyone else doesn't go the same

places was meant to refer to cities as opposed to actual establishments , restaurants a different kettle of fish , but yeah I usually do google them TBH which is why is usually end up getting great meals - at least the last 2 trips

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That's great so we have SuperDave getting us in n out of countries and Nvidic saving us from getting the bollox knocked out of us while we are there . God bless the Ybig
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:53pm

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:43pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm

Sorry only getting back. Ye thugs of bouncers alright. I didnt realise it a mafia shop.

My lad who 19 was just up singing on a chair as you may do and bit of hsarmless song sl*gging between group of irish and english lads during scotland/english match. Was all bit of crack with no one offended.

Bouncers asked us chill out which we did. Then half hour later my lad chanced his arm got up again n started to sing. 3 big gorrillas came over said your leaving so we grabbed our gear n headed for door. As my son was going out door he was pushed from behind by bouncer onto path outside. I challenged him n said give it up we didnt want hassle. He then punched me in head and eye. 

Result sore head and black eye. I NEVER look for trouble and first time in about 40 away matches have had any hassle. Im still pissed off but the 3 points from Sat night made trip worth it.

Dubliner Bratislava Bouncers = Absolute Scum.

Ps GUFC thanks for heads up but like other lads I didnt see it

We got a bit of hassle there in 2013 last time we played Austria, the whole stretch there is corrupt as f**k run by the mafia.

Place directly across the from the Dubliner was the worst, we went around for Breakfast one morning... Your man basically dragged us in the door when we were looking at the menus outside. They had what we wanted anyway so we settled there...

We ordered grub and a round of pints... Your man bring us the pints and a round of shots 'on the house' ...we didnt want them at 10am, hungover t'f**k, trying to get our heads straight for the train journey in an hour. We knocked them back and said cheers anyway.

Meals come, he does the same again. Another round of shots on a tray poured out. Half of us drink these, the other half couldn't stomach it.

We finish our grub again and he tries to pull the same sh*t. We told him no, please leave us alone to finish food, we appreciate it, but we have to get on our way.

We notice 2 heavies come in the door, staring us out of it then talking to your man.

We ask for the bill and hes having none of it. We push that we've a train to catch in 15mins and he eventually talllies everything up. Hes put the 3 round of shots on it, 2 of which we drank.

We didnt want any trouble and just paid up, it was only something like an extra 3quid a head. But he shook an extra 30quid from us. Something he prob would have got off us through another round of beers and tips had he just been sound!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 7:48pm
Couldn't make the Austria trip last week due to various commitments but having finally got to see the full game on Friday, here's my few thoughts on a brilliant victory! Very jealous of all that were there!

http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/2016/11/wien-ner-alright.html?m=1
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 6:34pm

I know its a different story when away in some places. Im usually street wise but didnt see this coming ! Anyway onwards we go 

We had less than 500 in Georgia last time. Had the guts of 650 in Serbia and a surprisingly same if a little bit more in number in Moldova.

Would be nice if we got more in Georgia next year. Regardless of our home results against Wales & Austria, it's one of these places it'll be hard to attract more than 500+ support out there.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
I know its a different story when away in some places. Im usually street wise but didnt see this coming ! Anyway onwards we go 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 3:00pm

Thanks for the advice !!!Ouch

My mate made the mistake of getting thick with a bouncer in Riga the night before we went to Georgia game. My mate was locked and was no threat just mouthing off like you might over here when you're kicked out.

My mate was no threat to him and I was standing in between them. The bouncer came up right behind me and gave him a sickening punch right across the jaw. He flew back and whacked his head off the ground.Myself and my other mate dragged him away as these lads would have killed us.

Moral of the story is the don't mess around in these places and once they warn you, I'd take their advice tbh.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:53am
Thanks for the advice !!!Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 88>
  Share Topic