You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moldova - 9th October 2016 - General Thread
    Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 11:14pm
Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 6:03pm
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Moldova
100 Moldovan = about 4.60 euro/3.80 quid

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 12 Jul 2016 at 6:04pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 9:01am
So realistically how much money would you be bringing over?

50Euro?

Edited by lassassinblanc - 13 Jul 2016 at 9:02am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:17am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

50Euro?
Maybe start with 50 and take the rest out of the hole in the wall when needed . Also remember if you are left with too much you can always put it against your hotel bill which we often do on away trips Thumbs Up

Edited by Claret Murph - 13 Jul 2016 at 11:18am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

50Euro?
Maybe start with 50 and take the rest out of the hole in the wall when needed . Also remember if you are left with too much you can always put it against your hotel bill which we often do on away trips Thumbs Up

I'm saying minus hotel bill.

basic spending money looking at prices over there I can really see 50 being more then enough
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 11:56am

50Euro?

Maybe start with 50 and take the rest out of the hole in the wall when needed .
Also remember if you are left with too much you can always put it against your hotel bill which we often do on away trips Thumbs Up

basic spending money looking at prices over there I can really see 50 being more then enough

I'd say just over the €100 mark will cover everything for my 3 day stay.

Was working it out yesterday and I reckon all in this will work out cheaper than Vienna even with it much harder to get to
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:40pm

50Euro?

Yer but what I am saying is that if you are left with 95euro in local money as you took far too much out to begin with you can pay off part of your hotel bill with the extra 80 euro and it leaves you 15 to play with getting to the airport and drinks . Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you can change it back at the airport at a naff rate .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:09pm

50Euro?

Yer but what I am saying is that if you are left with 95euro in local money as you took far too much out to begin with you can pay off part of your hotel bill with the extra 80 euro and it leaves you 15 to play with getting to the airport and drinks . Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you can change it back at the airport at a naff rate .

Or just give it to charity Wink which is what I usually do.
LD96 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LD96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:18pm
Anyone heading over through bucharest have any idea how to book the train to moldova? Have seen them advertised online but cannot find anywhere to book. Open to any suggestions to an easier way to get there, direct flights looking expensive.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by LD96 LD96 wrote:

Anyone heading over through bucharest have any idea how to book the train to moldova? Have seen them advertised online but cannot find anywhere to book. Open to any suggestions to an easier way to get there, direct flights looking expensive.

Check out the other Moldova thread for travel , info there and maybe a bus being organised .
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 1:48pm
I've looked up a few "expensive" restaurants and the most you can seem to pay for a steak is around the €10 mark. Even if you splash out and have 4 courses I can't see you spending more than €20 on a dinner and then you'll be lucky to spend a tenner in the bar after. 
Gearoid101 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearoid101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 12:05pm
When will we be able apply for tickets? I've never being to an away game? 

Same applies for Vienna

Cant go to Belgrade due to possible GAA Confused
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Gearoid101 Gearoid101 wrote:

Same applies for Vienna

Usually about 3 Weeks in advance but depends on fixtures. I'd say Austria would be after Serbia game and same with Moldova
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Gearoid101 Gearoid101 wrote:

Same applies for Vienna

Have you ever been to one? Sorry, I'm just being pedantic.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:25pm
Just realised the kick-off is 9.45pm over there. If the gargle is 70c a pint
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Thankfully a non drinker...................... 3000 miles in 2 weeks in France made it come in handy :)

Happy to wheel you into stadium and anybody else for that matter.............................
Long as you don't try and bore me to death when drunk about
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Wife / Mistress or all 4 not understanding you, how work sucks etc etc.

Otherwise you will end up spending the night next to some Hairy Moldovan Ladyboy or heading on bus to Narnia.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

This never ends well .

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:13am
Any interest in a fans game over there? Was thinking on the sat early evening similar to what was organised in Tbilisi as leaves match day free for the all day sightseeing sessions Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
  Share Topic