You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:43pm
About €250 going Tbilisi - Kiev - Dusseldorf with Ukraine International and Aer Lingus on from there. About the same going Tbilisi - Istanbul - Stockholm with Atlas Global and SAS on from there. That gets you back a few hours earlier. Both involve very early flights out of Tbilisi though, and also long enough layovers. For just under €300 you can go Tbilisi - Minsk - Budapest with Belavia and Ryanair on from there. Budapest airport is liable to be a fair bit cheaper than Dusseldorf and, especially, Stockholm.

Then again, the best option for Sunday, without the stupid early start, is the Kutaisi - Luton - Dublin option, as it's about the same price (€250-odd), only two flights and much more sensible hours. I'd probably go with it.

Edit: these are all for getting back on the Sunday generally, not for the hurling final. The Belavia Minsk - Amsterdam option is really the only viable one for that (and, incidentally, not much more expensive than the other options above, and it gets you home earlier).

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 Jul 2017 at 12:01am
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

Anyone got any cheap routes on the Sunday? Not bothered by long layovers as I've to be in work on Monday morning so I've no choice but to leave on Sunday if I do go.

Belavia Via Minsk are the cheapest at the minute to get to somewhere in Europe, just a matter of picking a flight to a city with a connection to Dublin that suits you. 

One of the lads with me has a meeting in Denmark on the Monday. He booked Tbilisi > Minsk > Copenhagen with Belavia. For anyone interested, Copenhagen to Dublin with Mick is usually dirt cheap so could be an option (just leave your wallet in your pocket when hanging around for the connection in Copenhagen!)
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
anyone know if i can make kutasi for a 6am flight sun morning? leave straight after the match i guess but will it be a taxi or is there a bus. thanks
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">anyone know if i can make kutasi for a 6am flight sun morning? leave straight after the match i guess but will it be a taxi or is there a bus. thanks</span>

I wouldn't rely on public transport ... it's a 4-5 hour journey without a hick up and im not sure of the availability . If you miss that flight then you miss your next flight (if you are flying onwards again) so possibly booking two new flights . Book a taxi and be done with it and maybe you might get another lad jumping in with ya
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:13pm
Georgianbus.com is your only man. Bus leaves from freedom square at 11pm for the 6am flight.

The game kicks off at 9pm local time so sadly no chance of making the bus. It would have to be a taxi.

Edited by colemanY2K - 12 Jul 2017 at 1:14pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:45pm

anyone know if i can make kutasi for a 6am flight sun morning? leave straight after the match i guess but will it be a taxi or is there a bus. thanks

Taxi is about €100 you be fine if your happy to pay that .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Taxi is about €100 you be fine if your happy to pay that .

thanks lads im weighing up whether to get the 6am wizzair flight to dortmund as i can stay in germany for a few days. 

if anyone else here is on it let me know.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Georgianbus.com is your only man. Bus leaves from freedom square at 11pm for the 6am flight.

The game kicks off at 9pm local time so sadly no chance of making the bus. It would have to be a taxi.

I tried to book georgian bus ticket a few days ago but it kept crashing in the payment page, anyone booked on it?
Here we go again
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:40pm

8pm local time. They don't use DST in the summer. They are only three hours ahead in the summer. There should be time to get back for the 11pm bus from Freedom Square. 45 minute walk, about 20 minutes by metro. Of course, you'll need somewhere nearby to leave your bag but there are hotels near freedom square, so you might well be able to leave it in one of those before the match.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I tried to book georgian bus ticket a few days ago but it kept crashing in the payment page, anyone booked on it?
haven't booked it myself but know a lad that has.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

8pm local time. They don't use DST in the summer. They are only three hours ahead in the summer. There should be time to get back for the 11pm bus from Freedom Square. 45 minute walk, about 20 minutes by metro. Of course, you'll need somewhere nearby to leave your bag but there are hotels near freedom square, so you might well be able to leave it in one of those before the match.

If your bothering to go that far in the first place I wouldn't be bothering to rush out of the place straight away if it's not necessary
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:52pm

ah good man SD. In theory it's possible to make the bus. My only concern iirc they held us back in the stadium for a bit in 2014. Can't remember how long but it was close to 30 minutes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:21pm
Yeah, true. I forgot about that. Still, there were plenty of taxis too, iirc.

There is a train every other day from Tbilisi to Batumi at 00:35 arriving in Samtredia at 04:19. It's only 15 minutes from there to the airport. However, I'm not sure I'd risk that and it's unlikely to be running, although if you were to miss the bus, it might be an option. I think it is unlikely be running on the Sunday morning (Saturday night after the match) but it's not clear yet. It is running on even dates in July and odd dates in August so it is unlikely to be running anyway.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:13pm

Yeah, true. I forgot about that. Still, there were plenty of taxis too, iirc.

There is a train every other day from Tbilisi to Batumi at 00:35 arriving in Samtredia at 04:19. It's only 15 minutes from there to the airport. However, I'm not sure I'd risk that and it's unlikely to be running, although if you were to miss the bus, it might be an option. I think it is unlikely be running on the Sunday morning (Saturday night after the match) but it's not clear yet. It is running on even dates in July and odd dates in August so it is unlikely to be running anyway.

Would you say it's unlikely?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:17pm
This is the problem with redrafting a post three times while double checking the info, then forgetting to proofread the completed thing, especially when tired, after only getting four hours sleep last night.

Get the bus.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm
Would preferably head back on the Sunday but if it's a ridiculously early flight from another city, then later on Sunday or Monday has to be the only realistic option.
If you're going to be nailed 100 quid on a taxi to Kutaisi you might as well book a dearer flight home at a better time.

Will probably go back via Germany on the Monday.

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:58am

This is the problem with redrafting a post three times while double checking the info, then forgetting to proofread the completed thing, especially when tired, after only getting four hours sleep last night.

Get the bus.

LOL i think i can make the bus tbh

its 5km which i can run in 30 mins if i have to, so out of the stadium at half 10 at the latest lol

now my bag, thats another story Wink
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:54am

Get the bus.

LOL i think i can make the bus tbh

its 5km which i can run in 30 mins if i have to, so out of the stadium at half 10 at the latest lol

now my bag, thats another story Wink

The person sitting beside ya on the bus will be delighted!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 171>
  Share Topic