You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

SD you may be able to help, how do i get a train from kutaisi to batumi?
Cannot figure it out on their website.

There is, allegedly, a daily train at 17:00 from Kutaisi to Batumi, arriving at 21:00, says this:
http://railway.ge/?web=1&action=page&p_id=479&lang=eng
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
Someone who isn't in the same time zone could do a test:

using the English section on here:

http://tickets.railway.ge/Home/Index

register etc etc and do a check for Kutaisi I to Tbilisi for a random date. It is showing up for me as 09:15 but that might just be because it is in our time zone, and the proper time is 12:15. If you are, say, in mainland Western Europe and it shows as 10:15, then we have our answer.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
Is the German railways site any help SD? Usually they have a ton of times for various trains around the world.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

register etc etc and do a check for Kutaisi I to Tbilisi for a random date. It is showing up for me as 09:15 but that might just be because it is in our time zone, and the proper time is 12:15. If you are, say, in mainland Western Europe and it shows as 10:15, then we have our answer.

Handily enough, I am in mainland Europe this week. And it's just showing 9.15am also if I check the first Friday in August. Rubbish !
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Handily enough, I am in mainland Europe this week. And it's just showing 9.15am also if I check the first Friday in August. Rubbish !

Actually, the timetable part is showing a 12.15 train. Confusing !
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:52pm
Then the times may have changed. It seems odd that all the timetables would move three hours earlier.

German railways is no use, unfortunately.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:56pm
Maybe check the bus timetable from Kutaisi to Tbilisi later on the Friday ? Surely there would be other flights arriving at more reasonable hours to provide transfers to the capital
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:43pm
Many going back through Berlin with Wizz on the Monday?
Cathal Bourke
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:24am
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Few of us are. Toying with the idea of an overnight there.
City Till I Die
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:14am

tickets.railway.ge

They have an English language site and it's very handy to book on there.

Friday from Kutaisi to Tbilisi only has one direct train at 09:15, which is a bit early, and it takes five hours. A ten minute taxi ride from central Kutaisi takes you to the main line train line where there are later trains: just after five pm, and they only take about 3h30m. I'll be on one of those on Thursday.

I wouldn't take the train back up: it would have to be a six am train. F**k that. Take the georgianbus.com, which is timed to connect with the flights, from central Tbilisi. That leaves at 9am and arrives at 1pm on Sunday, for the Luton flight.

Whats the name of tat station SD?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

tickets.railway.ge

They have an English language site and it's very handy to book on there.

Friday from Kutaisi to Tbilisi only has one direct train at 09:15, which is a bit early, and it takes five hours. A ten minute taxi ride from central Kutaisi takes you to the main line train line where there are later trains: just after five pm, and they only take about 3h30m. I'll be on one of those on Thursday.

I wouldn't take the train back up: it would have to be a six am train. F**k that. Take the georgianbus.com, which is timed to connect with the flights, from central Tbilisi. That leaves at 9am and arrives at 1pm on Sunday, for the Luton flight.

Whats the name of tat station SD?

Rioni

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:23am

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

SD you may be able to help, how do i get a train from kutaisi to batumi?
Cannot figure it out on their website.

There is, allegedly, a daily train at 17:00 from Kutaisi to Batumi, arriving at 21:00, says this:
http://railway.ge/?web=1&action=page&p_id=479&lang=eng

I think I'll get the Georgian bus when we land in kuts and just head straight to batumi. Was planning on spending a night in kuts before heading to batumi. I'm going Monday to Monday. Can't wait
Here we go again
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:31am
Am i right in saying there is a train that leaves Kutaisi @5.05 and gets toi Tblisi @10.40 ?
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Ah we're going straight home that day, that trip home will be so grim
Cathal Bourke
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:59pm

For me , even if it has been the best trip ever , with the most amazing display and victory....as I check out of the hotel the next day I wish there was a a button you could push on reception desk that "beams me back home" in an instant
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

For me , even if it has been the best trip ever , with the most amazing display and victory....as I check out of the hotel the next day I wish there was a a button you could push on reception desk that "beams me back home" in an instant

Amen brother
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm

[QUOTE=cathalb96]Many going back through Berlin with Wizz on the Monday?

For me , even if it has been the best trip ever , with the most amazing display and victory....as I check out of the hotel the next day I wish there was a a button you could push on reception desk that "beams me back home" in an instant . 

Trust me when i say this , there are many of us wish you would as well .Big smile

Edited by Claret Murph - 05 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:00pm

+ 1 My first away trip was in Gelsenkirchen back then I wasn't a real traveller shall we say an absolute novice of the highest order. As great as the craic was and the result I was staying an 4 extra nights in Stuttgart afterwardsDead. It was the worst idea ever once the anticipation and the build up of the match is over its time to f**k off home. I'll be staying one extra night in Tbilisi after the match but at least the Serbia match is the following Tuesday so it won't be half as bad. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 171>
  Share Topic