You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 171>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Am going to buck the trend here and say I've never had any hassle with Wizzair before !

Most of the time the problem lies with with the person not following the rules so maybe you are a model traveller who plays by the rules and the airline doesn't or can't have a reason to hassle you
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Am going to buck the trend here and say I've never had any hassle with Wizzair before !

Most of the time the problem lies with with the person not following the rules so maybe you are a model traveller who plays by the rules and the airline doesn't or can't have a reason to hassle you

That's me - Anything for hassle free existence !

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

So it looks like the impossible has happened, it looks like there is an airline that is as bad as, if not worse than, Ryanair (who are now splitting up groups of people round the aircraft if they haven't purchased seats - but, hey, that's another story altogether!). That takes some doing! Shocked

I've no issues with Ryanair at all without them alot of us wouldn't get to follow Ireland away. The new seating rules is a torture for families travelling with young children but don't see the issue if it's groups of grown adults (but that's a discussion for another topic)

Wizzair are just 1 or alot of airlines that are worse than them but if we follow the guidelines will be fine

I would pay to avoid sitting beside some people Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

That's me - Anything for hassle free existence !

I've never been caught out by Ryanair or wizz. It's just the experience with wizz has been awful in the past.

The first time I flew with them was coming home from the euros in Poland. For some reason there was a delay and they had us sitting on the plane at Warsaw chopin airport in 30 degree heat with the doors wide open. I had to get up after two hours and demand water. The first time I asked at the seat they refused!

Then a prick freaked out and demanded to be left get off the plane. For whatever reason they said this breached security protocols and all our hand luggage had to be searched again. Granted the prick wasn't wizz's fault but if they threw out some water then passengers might not have been so agitated. An absolute mare.

Back then their planes were old and tatty but they've since upgraded the fleet. Beware though if they there's slightest sniff that they can nab you for fee they will unless they're trying to get the plane off the ground as fast as possible.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jun 2017 at 4:18pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Get rid of the assigned seats, bring back the free for all when boarding Clap

You would love an old free for all Walls Evil Smile
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm

+1
Only flew with them once last year to Belgrade and they were grand. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:37pm

Same here! No hassle with them all very nice and friendly! Also had a bigger bag and nothing said!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 29 Jun 2017 at 4:37pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:23am
With Wizzair i think it depends where you're flying from. I often use them to fly from Budapest and i don't get problems with them there (other than pretty frequent delays), but from places like Eindhoven and Warsaw they have been absolutely desperate to get everyone to put their bag in the sizer to see if it was even a centimetre too big. 

They're definitely considerably worse than Ryanair for that kind of thing at any rate since Ryanair decided to try to become a bit more cuddly and friendly as a brand.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 30 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Joybhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
Flying into Kutaisi from Luton on Thursday night and heading home Sunday night.

Anyone (Probably super Dave) an idea of trains down to Batumi and back to Kutaisi (Rhoni?)on the Friday which would give us a good 5/6 hours there?

Also train from Rhoni to Gori day of the game (or the Sunday on way back), whats the earliest train to tblisi (or back to Rhoni)that would allow an hour or two in Gori.

Looked on train website but struggling with Batumi train times.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:19pm
For the Luton flight back from Kutaisi on the Sunday, I see Georgian Bus pick up time in Tbilisi is 9am Sleepy
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

For the Luton flight back from Kutaisi on the Sunday, I see Georgian Bus pick up time in Tbilisi is 9am Sleepy

Can see a few Taxis being ordered !
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:11pm
Arriving at airports two hours before departure seems to be edging towards 3 hours before departure for some airports.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:15pm
They have to allow for the madness of Georgian roads I guess.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Joybhoy Joybhoy wrote:

Anyone (Probably super Dave) an idea of trains down to Batumi and back to Kutaisi (Rhoni?)on the Friday which would give us a good 5/6 hours there?

Also train from Rhoni to Gori day of the game (or the Sunday on way back), whats the earliest train to tblisi (or back to Rhoni)that would allow an hour or two in Gori.

There are some Kutaisi to Batumi trains apparently. There's a 17:00 train daily according to one part of the website.

There are also trains from Zestafoni: those from Tbilisi to Batumi seem to pass through Rioni without stopping.

There's a 10:02 daily from Rioni to Gori, so that probably helps.

http://www.railway.ge/samg/searchTrains.aspx?lang=en-US

Mess about with that.
Joybhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Joybhoy Joybhoy wrote:

There are some Kutaisi to Batumi trains apparently. There's a 17:00 train daily according to one part of the website.

There are also trains from Zestafoni: those from Tbilisi to Batumi seem to pass through Rioni without stopping.

There's a 10:02 daily from Rioni to Gori, so that probably helps.

http://www.railway.ge/samg/searchTrains.aspx?lang=en-US

Mess about with that.

Cheers

Looks like rental.car is the best option to see Batumi.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Flight gets in around 8.30 Thursday morning and flying at 3 again. Will head in for a few hours. Will give a call even though all of you will be gone earlier in the morning. Any decent early house instead of cafes for earlier pints over there ?

Head to Bones on the Warmoesstraat. Only a few minutes walk from the Station, and the do early pints in there. They're open for the hostel guests next door for breakfast, but an Irish girl called Trish works there, and she'll look after you for pints if you behave haha
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:00am
For those on the 0530 flight AMS-KIV-TBS on the 31st with Ukrainian/KLM, we're having a lock-in on the Wednesday night the 30th in Molly's Big smile 

A good few of us from here on the morning flight too, so staying open later so we can all have a few pints and head to the airport at 3am'ish.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

For those on the 0530 flight AMS-KIV-TBS on the 31st with Ukrainian/KLM, we're having a lock-in on the Wednesday night the 30th in Molly's Big smile 

A good few of us from here on the morning flight too, so staying open later so we can all have a few pints and head to the airport at 3am'ish.

If I had the time and money it would be worth it just to spend the evening in Molly's that Wednesday  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 171>
  Share Topic