You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What hotel did ya book AM? 

Hotel Ambasadori - looks the part
@AntrimMan85
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Roomies
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Roomies

There's two hopes of that Sham, and poor auld Bob has been dead years....
@AntrimMan85
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Roomies

Not at those fcukin prices LOL

€800 odd quid for a double for 3 nights Shocked
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:23am
Lads don't forget that Muff is looking for a room mate too, one of ye might look after him.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

We're paying £170 for 2 nights in a triple room in the Sharden. I'm sure there is cheaper about but location is good and hotel looks ok etc. 
Am tempted to start running a book on who will be the first thrown out of the rooftop bar !
You going straight from Kutaisi to Tbilisi Muff ? We've booked into a hotel in Kutaisi close to the train station. Heading down on the 12pm train the next day.

Fixed. Wink

On the same flight as McHammered so just heading straight to Tblisi after we land in late Thursday night/Friday morning at 2:40 

Bag of cans for the 4 hour trip to Tbilisi?

Thumbs Up

Sounds a plan but can see everyone being comatose on the bus over to Tbilisi at 3am. Cafes might not be open at that time in the airport for a carryout. 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Jun 2017 at 10:32am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:40am
For those on that Thursday Luton flight the bus (Georgian Bus) leaves at 3.30 and it's roughly round €7 for the one way to Tbilisi if you book online. 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:47am

For those on that Thursday Luton flight the bus (Georgian Bus) leaves at 3.30 and it's roughly round €7 for the one way to Tbilisi if you book online. 

Looking at this rather than staying that night in Kutasi.

Bag of cans (possibly) then look for a cafe or something when you get to Tbilisi ?
@AntrimMan85
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:53am

Bag of cans (possibly) then look for a cafe or something when you get to Tbilisi ?

No, there's 2 cafes in Kutaisi airport so hopefully can get a carryout from them when we land. I don't think they'll be too strict on us boozing on their bus as it looks more like a minibus service with transit vans rather a national one. 
Not worth it to stay in Kutaisi that night as you'd have to book the Thursday there. Would rather just head straight to Tblisi. I've booked that Thursday night in Tbilisi as I don't want to be wating to check in for the Friday night when we arrive at 7/8 in the morning. Straight to bed and be fresh for the Friday afternoon 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:59am

No, there's 2 cafes in Kutaisi airport so hopefully can get a carryout from them when we land. I don't think they'll be too strict on us boozing on their bus as it looks more like a minibus service with transit vans rather a national one. 
Not worth it to stay in Kutaisi that night as you'd have to book the Thursday there. Would rather just head straight to Tblisi. I've booked that Thursday night in Tbilisi as I don't want to be wating to check in for the Friday night when we arrive at 7/8 in the morning. Straight to bed and be fresh for the Friday afternoon 

I see. Dont have anywhere booked Thursday night in Tsbilisi so might just throw the head down in Kutaisi. 
@AntrimMan85
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 11:19am

I see. Dont have anywhere booked Thursday night in Tsbilisi so might just throw the head down in Kutaisi. 

Well most are heading to Tbilisi I'd say but a 4 hour bus journey after a long flight isn't the most appealing. I'll stick it though.  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:10pm
If you stay the night in Kutaisi, you'll get pretty close to 8 hours sleep.

That said, for the bus to Tbilisi, while the arrival time of seven looks bad, they are a few hours ahead, so it's not all bad. And if you go to Tbilisi, arriving about seven, you can kip there and be up at two or three in the afternoon ready to go.

If you stay in Kutaisi and get the train down, you'll be in Tbilisi at about 5. If you go down to Tbilisi on the bus, you'll be up and ready to go a few hours earlier. However, Tbilisi accommodation is a fair bit more expensive. You will need accommodation either way and Kutaisi accommodation is cheap as chips. I doubt there is a hotel in Tbilisi that will allow you to check in at 8am and not pay for the night before.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If you stay the night in Kutaisi, you'll get pretty close to 8 hours sleep.

That said, for the bus to Tbilisi, while the arrival time of seven looks bad, they are a few hours ahead, so it's not all bad. And if you go to Tbilisi, arriving about seven, you can kip there and be up at two or three in the afternoon ready to go.

If you stay in Kutaisi and get the train down, you'll be in Tbilisi at about 5. If you go down to Tbilisi on the bus, you'll be up and ready to go a few hours earlier. However, Tbilisi accommodation is a fair bit more expensive. You will need accommodation either way and Kutaisi accommodation is cheap as chips. I doubt there is a hotel in Tbilisi that will allow you to check in at 8am and not pay for the night before.

Exactly why I'm booking the night before. Made that mistake in Manchester before after getting the overnight ferry and had to sleep in the lobby of the hostel for 4 hours before our room was ready to check in for the following night.

I wouldn't mind but the room was only about 20 quid for an extra night LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:05pm
The point being the only real benefit is the fact you'll be ready to go out and about in Tbilisi a couple of hours earlier.

The cost is four hours on a bus in the middle of the night rather than the same sort of time on a train in the middle of the day, plus more expensive accommodation.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:18pm

The point being the only real benefit is the fact you'll be ready to go out and about in Tbilisi a couple of hours earlier.

The cost is four hours on a bus in the middle of the night rather than the same sort of time on a train in the middle of the day, plus more expensive accommodation.

Aye, but not sure its worth booking into another hotel in Tbilisi, checking in at 8am then being out by 12. And paying more for it. 

So, looks like, Kutaisi for a night, decent kip and train, or mini bus, try to sleep, wander the streets for a few hours in Tbilisi.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:38pm
Yeah that's our plan too. We're in Wednesday night just before midnight from Milan, rather than Thursday night from London, but the plan is a night in Kutaisi.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:52pm

Aye, but not sure its worth booking into another hotel in Tbilisi, checking in at 8am then being out by 12. And paying more for it. 

So, looks like, Kutaisi for a night, decent kip and train, or mini bus, try to sleep, wander the streets for a few hours in Tbilisi.

I assume you've tried this but can you not add the Thursday night into your original Tbilisi hotel booking?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm

I assume you've tried this but can you not add the Thursday night into your original Tbilisi hotel booking?

Nah, they've twigged on and it nearly doubles the price!
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 171>
  Share Topic