You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:36am
Did anyone here use Abbey for the last trip? Were their flights direct? Friends want to pay the extra to save the hassle and I can see the appeal but I doubt if they go direct.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Did anyone here use Abbey for the last trip? Were their flights direct? Friends want to pay the extra to save the hassle and I can see the appeal but I doubt if they go direct.

Unless they charter their own plane I don't see how it would be direct, AFAIK no airline flies direct from Dublin to Tbilisi

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Unless they charter their own plane I don't see how it would be direct, AFAIK no airline flies direct from Dublin to Tbilisi

Sorry - that's what I meant. Was there a charter does anyone know? To be honest, I get agitated on any flights longer than a couple of hours so a couple of stops doesn't bother me too much as long as times aren't mental
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:21pm
Have you looked at a map to see where Georgia is?

If Abbey were to charter a place for this it would cost about 2k.

The place is a bit of a logistic nightmare to get too - I'd be surprised if you get there in 2 flights.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:23pm
I'll take that as a "no chance" so. Didn't think so but wondered what they did last time. Thumbs Up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Have you looked at a map to see where Georgia is?

If Abbey were to charter a place for this it would cost about 2k.

The place is a bit of a logistic nightmare to get too - I'd be surprised if you get there in 2 flights.

Turkish out of Dublin will do it in two flights Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:26pm

Georgia v Ireland 07 Sep 3nt trip - 1199pp
- 05Sep Dep DUB/IST 1640/2305 06Sep Dep IST/TBS 0010/0320
- 08Sep Dep TBS/IST 0415/0545 08Sep Dep IST/DUB 0730/1005
- Accommodation Details: 3 nights' accommodation in 3* central hotel (b&b) - twin rooms
- Transfers: 06 Sep - Tbilisi Airport to hotel 07 Sep - hotel to Boris Paichadze National Stadium to - Tbilisi Airport after the match
- Extras: Match tickets guaranteed at face value (cost to be confirmed)
** Limited Places Available **
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Georgia v Ireland 07 Sep 3nt trip - 1199pp
- 05Sep Dep DUB/IST 1640/2305 06Sep Dep IST/TBS 0010/0320
- 08Sep Dep TBS/IST 0415/0545 08Sep Dep IST/DUB 0730/1005
- Accommodation Details: 3 nights' accommodation in 3* central hotel (b&b) - twin rooms
- Transfers: 06 Sep - Tbilisi Airport to hotel 07 Sep - hotel to Boris Paichadze National Stadium to - Tbilisi Airport after the match
- Extras: Match tickets guaranteed at face value (cost to be confirmed)
** Limited Places Available **

Thanks for that. Jaysus, you'd think they'd stretch to a four star for that money. Anyway, question answered - thanks
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:30pm
Hah, mad price. I know those are the old ones but if they are the same next time around, it would be too expensive.

Much better to book with Turkish yourself for less than half of that, and book a nice hotel for 100 euro a night.

There'll be no shortage of tickets. If you go with Abbey, you'll effectively be paying them about 400 euro for the privilege of having them book it for you, plus the services of a travel rep and a couple of buses. That's about it. I sure as hell don't value those services at 400 euro.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 18 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
And its only two nights arrive on the 6th

From memory
Flights 400
Betsy 50 @ night
Airport transfer in lada with no boot and lunatic driver Mon stop as in not stopping at red lights €10 each way

I know nothing :-)
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
Lads the nearest direct flight for Europe is Amsterdam but frequency doesn't suit our kick off flight arrives Saturday at 5

It's €400+ taking dates a few weeks before

They do Vienna thurs to Sunday that's around €500

Otherwise it's Istanbul or Kiev
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Lads the nearest direct flight for Europe is Amsterdam but frequency doesn't suit our kick off flight arrives Saturday at 5

It's €400+ taking dates a few weeks before

They do Vienna thurs to Sunday that's around €500

Otherwise it's Istanbul or Kiev

Sure what's the worst that can happen they've been safe enough the last couple of year...Oh wait Ouch
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 5:33pm
I gonno do this but think I'll have a night or two in Kiev beforehand, and maybe a day or two extra in Tbilisi way too many flights for a short trip. 

Some f**k will probably pick these dates to get marriedDisapprove
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:48pm
If you guys dont mind waiting another two weeks, the KLM WEBSITE offers DIRECT FLIGHTS between Amsterdam to Tbilisi for 200 euro on Georgian Airlines.
Departures on Monday and Saturday only, but if you fancy a full week...
Dept AMS at 1040am arrive TBL at 17.15 (Monday, 28 August?)
Sadly, the return leg depts TBL at 5am arr Amsterdam 8am (Monday, 4 Sep?)

Obviously, you can opt for other days on your outbound, but then there will be an additional stop-over in Kiev and you'll be on a UIA flight (which is not as nice as Georgian).

Edited by manulike - 18 Oct 2016 at 10:53pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

If you guys dont mind waiting another two weeks, the KLM WEBSITE offers DIRECT FLIGHTS between Amsterdam to Tbilisi for 200 euro on Georgian Airlines.
Sadly, the return leg depts TBL at 5am arr Amsterdam 8am (Monday, 4 Sep?)

Obviously, you can opt for other days on your outbound, but then there will be an additional stop-over in Kiev and you'll be on a UIA flight (which is not as nice as Georgian).

Is that €200 each way?
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Sadly, the return leg depts TBL at 5am arr Amsterdam 8am (Saturday, 9 Sep?)

Is that €200 each way?

Its 204 euro return fare, but only through the www.klm.com site - for some reason, on Georgian Airlines, its almost double that! KLM also sells UIA flights cheaper than UIA ...

Tickets are already live now!
Think the first Ryan Air flight to AMS is at 06:50, which gives you 70 minutes transfer - which is plenty!
Obviously, an over-night in Amsterdam is always a nice option and the Tbilisi flight then depts at 1040am

NOTE for the Londoners out there: same KLM deal from Heathrow is 245 pounds. Departs Heathrow at 0630

Edited by manulike - 20 Oct 2016 at 10:41pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:38pm

Is that €200 each way?

Its 204 euro return fare, but only through the www.klm.com site - for some reason, on Georgian Airlines, its almost double that! KLM also sells UIA flights cheaper than UIA ...

Think the first Ryan Air flight to AMS is at <span ="time"="">06:50, which gives you 70 minutes transfer - which is plenty!</span>

This will be a after Christmas booking job for most I'd imagine .
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:03am

Is that €200 each way?

Think the first Ryan Air flight to AMS is at <span ="time"="">06:50, which gives you 70 minutes transfer - which is plenty!
Obviously, an over-night in Amsterdam is always a nice option and the Tbilisi flight then depts at 1040am

NOTE for the Londoners out there: same KLM deal from Heathrow is 245 pounds. Departs Heathrow at 0630
</span>

Two connections. Amsterdam and Kiev. Good few options from London with only the single connection that will be similarly priced.

Last time I went via Istanbul and home via Riga. Pegasus and Air Baltic IIRC. Will look to do something similar for next September.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 171>
  Share Topic