You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Is there any walking tours organized for the Friday afternoon? We will only be getting into Tbilisi at around 3pm as we are staying in Kutaisi the night before so I'm just wondering if it will be too late for a tour at 3/4pm? 

These guys do a tour at 5pm.

I'm booked on the 12pm one myself.

Sponsored Links

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Is Gori worth a visit lads?
This will be my third time Tbilisi so wanted to do something a bit different.
Was thinking of going for a few hours on the Thursday.

Only thing worth seeing there is the Stalin museum and the gift shop round the back with the Stalin coffee mugs. You can go see Mtskhete and Uplistskh on the way though. A taxi to take in all 3 sights should only cost around €40-50 euro. 

Yeah, if you head to Gori, it looks like Uplistsikhe is worth a visit. I'm planning on a trip to both the Stalin museum (again) and Uplistsikhe.

Do you think it would it be pushing it to try to head to Gori on Saturday morning and trying to get back early afternoon before the match?  I'll be late starting on Friday after getting in early hours and want to do see Tbilisi that afternoon.  Would love to get to Gori but limited by time.  Wishing I'd booked to go over a day earlier.

Any risk of not getting back for the actual match wouldnt be worth it though!!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:49am
You should be okay. Kick off is 5pm local time. Gori is about an hour away and is basically all motorway.

Once you are on the way back at three, you should be fine. I'd say 2 or 3 hours is plenty there so if you head up about half ten, you'd be there for twelve, which should give time for the Stalin museum anyway.

Not sure you'll have time for both Uplistsikhe and the museum unless you leave about 9am... it might leave one or the other a bit tight.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Getting the train up at 9 from Tblisi so probably before 3 o clock, maybe half 2. Id be on for it alright but its probably cutting it a bit fine for yourselves? 

We are dropping 3 lads off at kutaisi Airport around 1 and we can give the car back then  could probably be back in kutaisi by 2pm. I'm meeting the fella who is staying on with me tonight and I'll ask him and let you know.

Thanks. 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 03 Oct 2019 at 12:33pm
Let Christy Take It.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Getting the train up at 9 from Tblisi so probably before 3 o clock, maybe half 2. Id be on for it alright but its probably cutting it a bit fine for yourselves? 

We are dropping 3 lads off at kutaisi Airport around 1 and we can give the car back then  could probably be back in kutaisi by 2pm. I'm meeting the fella who is staying on with me tonight and I'll ask him and let you know.

Thanks. 

Cheers, no hassles either way, but yeh let us know

Would sort you out a few quid aswell as would be cheaper than taxu
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Are the sulphur baths worth doing?
Yep...But be prepared to see plenty of naked old Georgian menLOL

we splashed out for a private bath. just the two of us sittin in a bath facing each other ballock naked LOL

...although the straw that broke the camels back was when a 20+ stone Georgian offered to give us a massage on a slab of granite.  
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:09pm

You should be okay. Kick off is 5pm local time. Gori is about an hour away and is basically all motorway.

Once you are on the way back at three, you should be fine. I'd say 2 or 3 hours is plenty there so if you head up about half ten, you'd be there for twelve, which should give time for the Stalin museum anyway.

Not sure you'll have time for both Uplistsikhe and the museum unless you leave about 9am... it might leave one or the other a bit tight.

Thanks man, I may see if I can get a few rounded up for it, but early start the morning after the night before the game could be unpopular! Smile

If you get a taxi out do they stay around for you for that price or do you need to line up another to take u back?

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:11pm
Definitely do the stalin museum. They make him out to be a grand chap. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Thanks man, I may see if I can get a few rounded up for it, but early start the morning after the night before the game could be unpopular! Smile

If you get a taxi out do they stay around for you for that price or do you need to line up another to take u back?

You can do either. There are minibuses as well that go from Didube, which is the end of the metro line. That's definitely cheaper but taxis aren't dear either.

If you plan to head up to Uplistsikhe, you'd want to have someone hang around, as it is rural enough. You could get one taxi from Tbilisi to Gori then another taxi from Gori to Uplistsikhe, with him hanging around for you there.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 9:45pm
Thanks Dave.  You're a legend.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:17pm
Many on here on the air France route via Paris on Wednesday
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

6am flight, aye. 2.30am Aircoach from Belfast. Gonna be a long day Stern Smile
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Aye that's the one traveling down from Donegal so long day also. At least we land in tbilisi at a decent time not in middle of the night
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:51am

Aye that's the one traveling down from Donegal so long day also. At least we land in tbilisi at a decent time not in middle of the night

Yep. Most flights land at crazy times in Tbilisi. Will be ready for few beers in old town when I throw bag into hotel.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:28am

Yep. Most flights land at crazy times in Tbilisi. Will be ready for few beers in old town when I throw bag into hotel.
Myself and Mrs Claret are on that one , like you two we have an early start from Galway Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:04am
Anyone flying in from Riga on Thursday night?

I'll be cutting it fine with my connection and may need someone to create a disturbance and delay the flight!! Big smile
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Anyone flying in from Riga on Thursday night?

I'll be cutting it fine with my connection and may need someone to create a disturbance and delay the flight!! Big smile

We are on the Wednesday night flight from Riga
poznan7 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poznan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:51am
Anyone flying from Brussels Thursday? Two hours connection should be enough hopefully everything will go on time from Dublin
Bring back the Holy Goalie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 171>
  Share Topic