You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 171>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batchbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
6 of us just booked this.  Out via Moscow Wednesday night. Home via Kiev Sunday. 360 pp. 
Looking forward to this, wasn't able to make the last two Tbilisi trips. 
Sponsored Links

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:42am
Don't worry, we'll probably be playing them again next poxy year.
The dark side.. And the light
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

World Cup 2022 qualifying draw due to be made this July - I think we all know what's going to happen in it! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

World Cup 2022 qualifying draw due to be made this July - I think we all know what's going to happen in it! LOL

Denmark
Wales
Ireland
Georgia
Gilbraltar

Clap
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Denmark
Wales
Ireland
Georgia
Gilbraltar

Clap
Depending on seedings, we're bound to get at least 3 of that lot - Georgia's bound to be a given anyway. LOL

Then we'll really have a good idea of how the eggball crowd must feel going to the same few countries every year in the 6 Nations.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:20pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Denmark
Wales
Ireland
Georgia
Gilbraltar

Clap
Depending on seedings, we're bound to get at least 3 of that lot - Georgia's bound to be a given anyway. LOL

Then we'll really have a good idea of how the eggball crowd must feel going to the same few countries every year in the 6 Nations.

Especially if they bring in relegation and Italy get replaced by Georgia.

I'd like to see Hugo and Jeffrey trying to get pints of Heino in Tbilisi.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:27am
Is the draw defo in July? I thought I saw that somewhere too but can’t find it anywhere now. I thought they would draw the next Nations league first as those matches are due late next year and could feed into qualifying?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:11am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Is the draw defo in July? I thought I saw that somewhere too but can’t find it anywhere now. I thought they would draw the next Nations league first as those matches are due late next year and could feed into qualifying?

Is the Nations League not just for Euro's qualifying?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:18am
Didn't think the draw had been set either, don't even think the format has been set 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:02am

I definitely saw the draw in the FIFA calendar for July 2019 in the past few months but it actually seems to have disappeared from it now. Shocked

But if the draw goes ahead in July, that obviously raises your query about the Nations' League.  With the current Euro 2020 qualifiers, UEFA knew which teams to put in 5-team groups to free them up to play in the NL Final 4. But with the next NL not due to be played till Autumn 2020, how are FIFA supposed to know this July which teams to put into smaller groups?  Say the WC qualifying draw goes ahead this July and France, Germany, Belgium & Holland are drawn into 6-team groups but then those teams win their NL groups to qualify for the Final 4 in 2021?  What are FIFA meant to do then if those teams already have qualifying fixtures in all 10 available international dates that year? LOL

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that draw ends up being postponed otherwise there could be quite a mess in store in a couple of years. LOL

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:49am
The fact there still looking to expanded the competition to 48 teams the draw will probable be after next years Play-offs. 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:41pm

I definitely saw the draw in the FIFA calendar for July 2019 in the past few months but it actually seems to have disappeared from it now. Shocked

But if the draw goes ahead in July, that obviously raises your query about the Nations' League.  With the current Euro 2020 qualifiers, UEFA knew which teams to put in 5-team groups to free them up to play in the NL Final 4. But with the next NL not due to be played till Autumn 2020, how are FIFA supposed to know this July which teams to put into smaller groups?  Say the WC qualifying draw goes ahead this July and France, Germany, Belgium & Holland are drawn into 6-team groups but then those teams win their NL groups to qualify for the Final 4 in 2021?  What are FIFA meant to do then if those teams already have qualifying fixtures in all 10 available international dates that year? LOL

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that draw ends up being postponed otherwise there could be quite a mess in store in a couple of years. LOL

Must have seen the same thing as you, defo saw it somewhere but can’t find any reference now. Would seem very early anyway if the matches are in 2021. 

There is talk the nations league could be used as qualification for the World Cup too.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:02am

Must have seen the same thing as you, defo saw it somewhere but can’t find any reference now. Would seem very early anyway if the matches are in 2021. 

There is talk the nations league could be used as qualification for the World Cup too.
Heard this as well but that only Leagues A & B would be used.  Can't remember where I heard/read that but if true, could be where our relegation to League C could come back to haunt us. Dead

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:13am
I believe the July thing you heard may be the meeting UEFA will have to decide the format. There is definitely a UEFA meeting in June or July.

FIFA delegated the actual format of how the confederation qualifiers to the confederation themselves. FIFA just gave them a guideline of say X number of teams can qualify.

FIFA obviously has to fully approve the format but they don't set it up
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:03am
Flying through Moscow late Friday night be alright? Gets me to Tblisi for 11:45 on match day. Don't have to take the Friday off work then.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Flying through Moscow late Friday night be alright? Gets me to Tblisi for 11:45 on match day. Don't have to take the Friday off work then.

Apart from Russia's appalling air safety record, you will be grand.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:39pm
Lack of sleep will be a killer, though. Plus a three hour wait in Moscow between 5am and 8am... I'd say that'll be fun.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:33pm
Take a half day and get the 430 turkish flight to Istanbul and connect in. Gets you in at 430, cheap hotel bed for 5/6 hours and raring to go by the time you’d be landing on the Aeroflot option.

Not sure of costs but I’d pay a premium for that.

Edited by VanBosch - 02 May 2019 at 7:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 171>
  Share Topic