You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 171>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Is that price without a flight?

Yeah they've no travel with any of the prices that are up

Whats the point in that? Waste of time without a flight. Is this always the case with Abbey?

Hasn't been before but i know for gib they didn't have travel included. 
Sponsored Links

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm
Tickets last time were 2 euro and accommodation was cheap enough, that seems ridiculous for 2 nights
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 8:24pm
As things turned out didn't get to book our flights from Munich which have doubled in price . Over 500€
Assume they won't drop so will check alternatives. 
sh*te
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
Tuesday night flight from Memmingen to Kutaisi is only €99.99. Might be a bit early though.

Vienna to Kutaisi on Thursday and Saturday morning at 05:55 is only €39.99. Might not work either.

Basel to Kutaisi on Friday night at 19:40 is €69.99. It is possibly the best of the options although it does take five or so hours to get there.

They're all with Wizzair.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:06pm
SD44
Many Thanks
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:09pm
€250 odd return Munich to Tbilisi via Kiev with Ukraine International though. Might be the best bet of the lot.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:29pm
Also, Munich to Tbilisi with Pegasus one way out is a decent route, or Stuttgart to Tbilisi with Pegasus as well. Neither are great for coming back, though.

If you are going to Geneva as well, you can book a decent multi-city option with Aegean, or maybe out with Pegasus then onto Geneva with Aegean.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 6:38pm
SD44
What is the story with connecting flights when using the same airline ?
Lot via Warsaw is a reasonable price but 1 connection is less than an hour.
Do they just put you on the "next" flight or are you responsible to ensure there is sufficient time ?

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

SD44
What is the story with connecting flights when using the same airline ?
Lot via Warsaw is a reasonable price but 1 connection is less than an hour.
Do they just put you on the "next" flight or are you responsible to ensure there is sufficient time ?

Their responsibility unless it's because you stayed on the bar too long or whatever. 

Every airport has a minimum connection time, most are under an hour so you should be fine but worth googling what Warsaw's is. Amsterdam is 50 mins, and is a much bigger airport, I've seen others at 40 or less. 

Edited by nvidic - 30 Mar 2019 at 9:05pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:22am
N
Thanks. ybig keeps giving
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:17am
starting to think i might do this one lads ... 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

starting to think i might do this one lads ... 

Way out: Cologne - Sabiha Gokcen - Tbilisi, on Thursday 10 and Friday 11 October, 13:35 departure, is €95 with www.flypgs.com

6h10m layover in Sabiha Gokcen; however, they have pay lounges that aren't expensive with unlimited food and beer. There were plenty who went that way last time, so I'm sure there are people going that way this time too. A late enough arrival but not appalling.

Tbilisi - Frankfurt on Monday morning is €164 with Aegean / Tbilisi - Geneva is €130 with Aegean. Both of those are via Athens, albeit very early morning starts.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm
best/shortest way from Dublin and returning to Dublin Dave would be graet please as I'm also thinking of doing this trip
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

best/shortest way from Dublin and returning to Dublin Dave would be graet please as I'm also thinking of doing this trip

Turkish via Istanbul, just search on Google flights and sort by shortest flight time 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:07pm
Not sure if mentioned but Air Baltic have just launched Dublin to Riga. They already fly Riga to Tbilisi so could be an option.
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:15pm
There’s a direct flight from Brussels to Tbilisi with Georgian air on wed 10th. Arrives in to Tbilisi at 5.30pm. Not cheap at €180 now but good to arrive at a decent time instead of after midnight 
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not sure if mentioned but Air Baltic have just launched Dublin to Riga. They already fly Riga to Tbilisi so could be an option.

Pretty sure they do, Was dirt cheap when it went on sale a few months ago, hopefully still the same 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Yeah, Turkish and Aeroflot are the best at this stage. Best to book multi-city with Turkish if you plan to go to Geneva, then figure out another way home from there.

Self-transfer routes from Geneva are likely the cheapest, like via Gatwick with easyJet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 171>
  Share Topic