You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Cheers!
Handy to get from Basel to Geneva that evening?
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Cheers!
Handy to get from Basel to Geneva that evening?
Book the 19:02 train from Freiburg to Geneva via Basel on BB Bhan but get on the train at basel hbf it departs at 19:59
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:19pm
Thanks!
I see it's marked "train specific travel" so will have to stump up for a new ticket if there's any delay, unless I'm missing a trick?
Flight lands at 19:10.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm
Bear in mind that from the airport, it's a 20 minute bus journey to Basel's main train station.

flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:33pm
Very tight turnover!
All the others on this flight gonna try to make it or book a later one?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Thanks!
I see it's marked "train specific travel" so will have to stump up for a new ticket if there's any delay, unless I'm missing a trick?
Flight lands at 19:10.

Correct.

Just book a later train. The one an hour later is the same price.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Aug 2019 at 9:58pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:28am
What was the name of the bar in Kutaisi where everyone went the last time??
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Pub barcelona, great night we had, got exclusive use of the laptop for our own tunes, paid the bar staff ourselves to remain open and almost drank the place dry. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 21 Aug 2019 at 9:51am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Pub barcelona, great night we had, got exclusive use of the laptop for our own tunes, paid the bar staff ourselves to remain open and almost drank the place dry. 

Thumbs Up
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:05am
I'm in two minds whether stay in Kutasi the Thurs night off flight from Luton or head straight Tbilisi. I headed straight last time and although wrecked next morning I thought ok and least had day in Tbilisi the Friday.
Is it worth staying in Kutaisi Thurs night ? Flight in 01.00 in morn
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm in two minds whether stay in Kutasi the Thurs night off flight from Luton or head straight Tbilisi. I headed straight last time and although wrecked next morning I thought ok and least had day in Tbilisi the Friday.

Kutaisi is a dump. Taxi's haven't a clue everywhere in Georgia but they especially didn't have a clue in kutaisi and not a word of english. I'd suffer on and head straight to tbilisi if I was you
Here we go again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:13am

Personally I find it better to try and squeeze all your travelling into 1 day, get to Tbilisi and you will be ready for action by lunchtime Friday. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Kutaisi is a dump. Taxi's haven't a clue everywhere in Georgia but they especially didn't have a clue in kutaisi and not a word of english. I'd suffer on and head straight to tbilisi if I was you

I wouldn't concider Kutasi a dump, it's like any other second city in Eastern Europe which means its got zero mid week night life and the place is fairly dead unless you make your own craic. Remember Kutaisi would not be used to tourists as Tbilisi so very few speak English but I found most tried to be very helpful. On a plus note its much cheaper than Tbilisi. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:18am

We did the stay over the last time and are planning on doing the same this time. The last time the flight was delayed so in the end it was all a but rushed but this time the train the next day from Rioni is at 11.00am and gets in at 2.00pm so works a bit better.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
If you are staying over I booked a suite in star hostel for €9 for a double room with en suite, let the accommodation organise your collection from the airport then there's no messing around with taxis trying to find the hotel. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:46pm
Thanks lads I think I will do the same as last time and head straight to Tbilisi on the all nighter.
Kevin had a laugh at Kutasi cheaper then Tbilisi. Didn't think possible :)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 2:55pm
I'd second what has been said about getting your hostel / hotel to arrange a pick up for you. It's still dirt cheap and they'll know exactly where to take you.

They might be mad and smoke, talk on the phone and mess with the radio to find Turkish pop blaringat 100dB, while overtaking a bus on a blind bind, all at the same time, but at least they'll know where to go and only charge you a fiver for the privilege of nearly killing you.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
A little bit late this time around but From November, Ryanair will operate flights from Tbilisi to Bergamo, Italy, and from Kutaisi to Marseille in France and Bologna in Italy. Nine more as yet unnamed destinations are set to be added to the Irish airline’s Georgian offering from 2020.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 171>
  Share Topic