You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 171>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Linzark Linzark wrote:

What is the best option.....eg Thursday - Sunday, Friday-Monday etc ? Also are trains frequent from Kutaisi to Tbilisi and how much approximately do they cost ?

Best option is read the thread, asses your circumstances and reference it off the numerous different ways to get there. There is another thread on things to do in Georgia too Thumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Which flight to Luton are people getting to catch the flight to Kutaisi? Booked on the 4pm from Dublin which should give us around an hour and a half to get through Luton airport. barring delays, Should be alright

I'm on that flight on the Thursday, is that what you're on? Bit nervy about the connection, had similar through Stansted to Moldova last year and made it but was bricking it the whole journey to Stansted....

Yeah us and two others are on the 4pm flight. Its due in to Luton at 5:15 but you know Ryanair it doesn't take an hour and 15 minutes to get to Luton, and I've been monitoring the flight the past few days its been getting in before 5:15 regularly so hopefully it should be alright, never been in Luton but can't imagine its huge. We had a two hour stopover in Stansted coming back from Vienna, flight leaving Vienna was delayed by 30 minutes and then we had to wait for one of those Monorail things in Stansted so was tight enough.

Didnt fancy risking that flight so got an early morning flight and will kill a few hours in london before hand. Luton is small enough so all go to plan id say youll have enough time.

Yeah hopefully be alright. Yous all booking a place in Kutaisi for a few hours kip before the train the next day?

Yeah, the lads are in with me. 
Changed our hotel after you pointed out I had booked somewhere near the wrong train station !!

Booked into a place called "<span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif; font-size: 18px; white-space: nowrap;">Hotel Kutaisi Globus"</span>

Is there not a connecting bus after Wizzz lands in Kuts to take you to Tbilisi ? Might stay in Kuts and have a kip and get afternoon train up . I'm sure SD has a timetable up somewhere
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Which flight to Luton are people getting to catch the flight to Kutaisi? Booked on the 4pm from Dublin which should give us around an hour and a half to get through Luton airport. barring delays, Should be alright

I'm on that flight on the Thursday, is that what you're on? Bit nervy about the connection, had similar through Stansted to Moldova last year and made it but was bricking it the whole journey to Stansted....

Yeah us and two others are on the 4pm flight. Its due in to Luton at 5:15 but you know Ryanair it doesn't take an hour and 15 minutes to get to Luton, and I've been monitoring the flight the past few days its been getting in before 5:15 regularly so hopefully it should be alright, never been in Luton but can't imagine its huge. We had a two hour stopover in Stansted coming back from Vienna, flight leaving Vienna was delayed by 30 minutes and then we had to wait for one of those Monorail things in Stansted so was tight enough.

Didnt fancy risking that flight so got an early morning flight and will kill a few hours in london before hand. Luton is small enough so all go to plan id say youll have enough time.

Yeah hopefully be alright. Yous all booking a place in Kutaisi for a few hours kip before the train the next day?

Yeah, the lads are in with me. 
Changed our hotel after you pointed out I had booked somewhere near the wrong train station !!

Booked into a place called "<span style="font-family: "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif; font-size: 18px; white-space: nowrap;">Hotel Kutaisi Globus"</span>

Is there not a connecting bus after Wizzz lands in Kuts to take you to Tbilisi ? Might stay in Kuts and have a kip and get afternoon train up . I'm sure SD has a timetable up somewhere

No, no bus meets that Wizz flight, unless the timetable hasnt been updated because its a relatively new route
Cathal Bourke
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:30am
The buses are timed to meet the Kutaisi flights and they maybe just haven't updated the timetable yet.

Georgianbus.com is the bus company; they should be running to match flights.

http://www.georgianbus.com/?m=show_text&id=5

I'm still taking the train. I don't fancy four hours each way on a minibus when it's 3h20m from Rioni on the train. Admittedly the train times don't quite match up and I'll still need to take a taxi from the train station to Kutaisi but whatever.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 May 2017 at 12:35am
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:39am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The buses are timed to meet the Kutaisi flights and they maybe just haven't updated the timetable yet.

Georgianbus.com is the bus company; they should be running to match flights.

http://www.georgianbus.com/?m=show_text&id=5

I'm still taking the train. I don't fancy four hours each way on a minibus when it's 3h20m from Rioni on the train. Admittedly the train times don't quite match up and I'll still need to take a taxi from the train station to Kutaisi but whatever.

Biggest fear is stayin in Kuts after the Wizz flight and end up on a session in Kuts and having to travel up to Tbilisi with a head like a bag of lego later that day
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:37am
No more word on the direct flights from London which were due to start?
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:27pm

Those trains cost a little bit more (11.50 Lari second class, 20.50 Lari first class) but for the extra speed and comfort, they're probably worth it. 1 euro is about 2.60 Lari, so the slower train is under 3 euro, and the faster one just over 4 euro in second class and about 9 euro in first class.
Being the absolute pleb that I am, and having no experience of such high luxuries, what exactly will first class get me on a Georgian train?

Few of us heading to Kutaisi on the Sunday, leaving Monday.
City Till I Die
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

The Georgian Airlines flights are up and running but only on mondays and saturdays. i dont think the time out works to make the match.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Those trains cost a little bit more (11.50 Lari second class, 20.50 Lari first class) but for the extra speed and comfort, they're probably worth it. 1 euro is about 2.60 Lari, so the slower train is under 3 euro, and the faster one just over 4 euro in second class and about 9 euro in first class.
Being the absolute pleb that I am, and having no experience of such high luxuries, what exactly will first class get me on a Georgian train?

Few of us heading to Kutaisi on the Sunday, leaving Monday.

Likely just a bigger or more comfortable seat. I think second class might be 3+2 whereas first class is 2+2. Their trains are wider than ours though. Even if it is only a bigger seat, for the pennies extra it costs, it is likely worth it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Not sure if you mean the direct London to Kutaisi flights, as opposed to direct London Tbilisi flights.

Wizzair from Luton to Kutaisi have been on sale for a while. The price did jump initially when a few booked on it but they've come down again. Luton to Kutaisi, return, Thursday to Monday, is back down to a reasonabl-ish £212, although you need to add on the Dublin Luton flights for about 70 euro.

Those Wizz flights might be cheaper if you join the discount club.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:27am
FAO GF . ConAir was a reference to Confederation Air as they were running the direct (trying) gig to Tbilisi. Nothing to do with the travel company or having a cheap shot . I explained on the wrong thread so some super modding was done and posts were edited
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:46am

FAO GF . ConAir was a reference to Confederation Air as they were running the direct (trying) gig to Tbilisi. Nothing to do with the travel company or having a cheap shot . I explained on the wrong thread so some super modding was done and posts were edited

Can't move em on the phone unfortunately which would have been better than editing

Thought you were having a cheap shot as well, hence wanted to get rid of it, apologies I took this up wrong
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Can't move em on the phone unfortunately which would have been better than editing

Thought you were having a cheap shot as well, hence wanted to get rid of it, apologies I took this up wrong

No bother , sorry I should have explained the Con Air reference clearer
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:54am
Yeah, I saw that and got it that you meant "confederation", but realised it could have been taken the wrong way.

Anyway, no harm done. Maybe try contacting the confed and find out if the flight is still running. Ballybrack might be the best individual club as I think they were taking the lead on it.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 May 2017 at 9:58am
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:41am

Yeah, I saw that and got it that you meant "confederation", but realised it could have been taken the wrong way.

Anyway, no harm done. Maybe try contacting the confed and find out if the flight is still running. Ballybrack might be the best individual club as I think they were taking the lead on it.

I was just curious to see if people took up the offer on a direct route but haven't heard of anything . I made an early inquiry but I was told to join up to supporters club if I wanted to go
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:43pm

Not the way I picked it up, but fair play for clarifying.

From what I know there was not enough demand, which was not unexpected.

I think that Fanfares aim was to show that they could put on a charter a lot cheaper than the 2 other companies that currently offer trips.

They know that they need to have prices within days of the fixture announcements as well.

I believe they have 2 flights full to Cardiff at much better prices than the other 2 operators.

I know nothing :-)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:44pm
Booked flight out Luton-Kutaisi for 60 quid on Wizz air for the 31st

Great price. Clap Should be fair few Irish on that flight 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:22pm
Wizz air have up to 30% of their flights today so might be of interest to anyone still looking to book
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 171>
  Share Topic